Chocolate Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Katarzyna, Aug 8, 2005.

1. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

*buys plane ticket and a big bib*
  2. samina

samina Well-Known Member

all yours, luv... 3 bites w/ some espresso and i'm good to go.

a giant vat of vanilla pudding, however... oh lord... i'd be the first one in for a swim
  3. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

I used to feel that way about vanilla pudding, but then I had a roommate in a food science engineering class who brought home a 5 gallon tub of vanilla pudding they had *made* in class.

The first gallon was good...
  4. samina

samina Well-Known Member

"food science engineering"... as in, like, um... "cooking"? ;)

i think i'm missing "stop eating" cues for both vanilla pudding & mashed potatoes (assuming they are fabulously prepared)
  5. samina

samina Well-Known Member

there's a chocolate bar that goes down almost as easily...

green & black's almond bar. despite it being milk chocolate (i'm a dark aficionado), i can be well into the 2nd bar before i've even realized it. and i usually can't eat that much chocolate in one sitting.

had a bit of green & black's dark chocolate w/ hazelnut & currants last night as a prelude to my party. yum...
  6. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

Yes, but on an industrial scale
  7. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

From what I understand, he wanted to bring home more pudding, but could only carry 5 gallons. The class made a LOT more total--I forget how much, but it souded like you could submerge several people in it.
  8. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

That does sound good.
  9. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

Reminds me, I need to make peppermint bark this weekend.
  10. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

11. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

12. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Watch out for those 2 kilos! ;)
  13. Laura

Laura New Member

Oddly enough, my favorite chocolate is made by my Pilates teacher's roommate. She melts unsweetened chocolate, sugar, butter, and vanilla together, but she doesn't melt it smooth or boil it like fudge. Then, she throws in a shot of Jim Beam. It ends up being this kind of gritty half-fudge. I really like the texture, and the flavor is very very densely chocolate. They gave me a small box for Christmas :)

I also like the chocolate-covered caramels made with fleur de sal. Basically, they are caramels with sea salt stirred into them, so when you eat them you get a gritty bit of salt mixed in. Once again, I love the texture, and the bits of salt amp up the caramel flavor. I forget what the brand is that I've seen, but I get them at the local "hippy" grocery store (Rainbow Grocery in San Francisco).
  14. samina

samina Well-Known Member

these are both great gift ideas, actually.... <hmmm....>

i'm sure i'd love that caramel -- i have a penchant for sweet & salty mixed. if you come across the brand name, would you be a luv & share that here?

thx! :D
  15. barita_lola

barita_lola New Member

cocoa butter

Well friend, I have used Queen Helene's cocoa butter for about 18 years now, and I love the stuff!! It's cheap, smells good, and it works great! My daughter was already around 1 1/2 years old when I started using it (and she was my SECOND child, so I had some OLD stretch marks). Originally I had bought it to use as a all-over-the-body moisturizer to help prolong my tan after a friend's recommendation. To my surprise, and delight, it not only worked great as a moisturizer and definitely helped to prolong my tan, but it also really helped to fade my stretch marks!!
  16. samina

samina Well-Known Member

queen helene makes cocoa butter? ::wondering where i can get some::
  17. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

I'm looking to make a really awesome chocolate dessert: flourless brownies (or maybe almost flourless) or cookies. I've cooked with ghirardelli for years. Can anyone recommend something better?
  18. samina

samina Well-Known Member

have been eying green & blacks for my next chocolate baking endeavor... they've got wonderful very dark chocolate bars you could use for your brownies... they also have baking cocoa for other purposes.
  19. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Finally had some o fthe G&B's bar that i bought a while ago. Wow. So tasty. Next time I'd get it without the hazelnuts and currants, though, and go for the straight-up dark chocolate. Definitley one of my favorites (I'd have to taste it back-to-back with some others for comparison).
  20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

did you try the almond version yet?