Chocolate Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Katarzyna, Aug 8, 2005.

1. elisedance

elisedance New Member

yes - but I like nucats! that lil' ole 'and' slipped in there...

2. elisedance

elisedance New Member

so any takers for RR?

3. lcdancesport

lcdancesport Active Member

I have to think about the RR, I'm tired... and I just had a piece of Godiva dark chocolate. :p

4. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Hmm, I think you are going to have to up your RRs then to keep your equation balanced...

5. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Talk to me not of chocolate. I have gained 5kgs since I came to London this September. Chocolate snacks that seemed so small and harmless; m&ms, Mars bars, Cadbury's drinking hot chocolate, Starbucks' belgian chocolate cake... the list goes on...
    NOT harmless. Evil. Evil!

6. elisedance

elisedance New Member

I put chocolate in the mushroom sauce I made last night for the sautee'd fish. Twas brave indeed as it was pretty good to start with and could have been a disaster - but it worked!

So, chocolate invades my main courses....

7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Brava! I bet chocolate would offset mushrooms beautifully.

Am a longtime user of cocoa in chile, tacos, and mole sauce.

8. elisedance

elisedance New Member

I've had some good ones but more ones that fail - they end up tasting like a desert that went awfully wrong

(Honey, yeuch! There a meatball in my chocolate mousse!!!!!!!!!!!!?)

9. samina

samina Well-Known Member

reminds me of that episode in Friends when rachel makes trifle for thanksgiving dinner... and didn't realize that the pages of the recipe magazine were glued together. turned out to be a trifle/shepherd's pie hybrid, lol.

meh... joey liked it well efuf, lol.

10. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

off chocolate due to the haunting smell of chocolate vomit in my car and the nutty chef who bastes partridges in chocolate.

eww as Samina would say

11. samina

samina Well-Known Member

lol, have been there, my friend...

12. Easy

Easy Active Member

Forget the spelling, but I used to live in Germany as a young boy. Kinder Chocalata was and always will be my favorite. Everytime I have a piece it takes me back to good times :) There was a chocolate drink that I used to just love. The container was shaped like a little kid, and it was dreamy yummy. I've never been able to find it...maybe they don't make it anymore. I forgot the name of it :(

13. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

have you checked in the Germany section of EPCOT???...it might be there

14. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Heh...my brother brought back the best Kinder chocolates when he was over there. They've got some of the most amusing stuff.

Could kill mom. She brought over all manner of chocolate and candies for Easter--AND LEFT THEM ALL AT OUR HOUSE!!! She KNOWS my brother's wedding is coming up!

15. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

So much for that diet and exercise plan...

16. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

What plan? Who mentioned anything about a plan? Certainly not me. ;-)

Actually, I'm disappointed (and relieved) that there were no chocolate & peanut butter things. Just a bunch of chocolate, which is nowhere near as tempting. Although marshmallow chocolate things are disgustingly tasty.

Really, though, it's the jelly beans that are the most tempting.

17. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

take it to the office and put it in the break room

18. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Last nite I found my son sighing over a supper comprised of the same G&B chocolate almond bar I've have made a meal of so many times...lol....

19. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

Have just read Joanne Harris's sequel to Chocloat
    "The Lollipop Shoes"

Is Choc Lit a new genre?

Maybe you could add other examples?

20. lcdancesport

lcdancesport Active Member

Ha that is what I do if there's too much junk food around the house. I treat my co-workers as a garbage disposal... is that bad? :rolleyes::p