Chocolate Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Katarzyna, Aug 8, 2005.

1. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Heh, depends on the job. At yourr day job, not a bad thing at all. At the studio, where looks are part of the job, that might not be nicest thing. Might be good for you though, and drive more business yoru way. ;)

2. lcdancesport

lcdancesport Active Member

It definitely goes to the day job people. And anything bad we get at the studio goes to me, which again, goes to the day job people! :cool::p

3. QPO

QPO New Member

There is a Lindt chocolate that is a red wrapper in Australia and it is a milk chocolate outer with a soft grenache chocolate on the inside. If you put the chocolate in the fridge the centre is still soft. I could eat a box!

4. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Truffles.

5. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

What about them?

Never liked truffles, m'self.

6. lcdancesport

The Lindt Truffles are pretty good, but I prefer a good bittersweet dark chocolate. Hersheys makes a good kind with blueberries and almonds in it.

7. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

anyone have a recipe for chocolate marble cake?

8. Peaches

No, and I've been wanting to find a good (tried and true) one for a while. I'm tempted to experiment with variations on my grandmother's chocolate cake combined with my pound cake, or something. If I figure anything out I'll let you know.

9. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

I had a delicous piece of cake in a motorway service station yesterday but I don't suppose they made the cake there. The light part had a nice lemony flavour

I have a conspiracy theory that there is a warehouse full of slave cakemakers run by the English Tea-Room Masonic Lodge so good cakes never get to ordinary shops.

I can eat delicious passion cake in several tea shops in the area but if you ask where did it come from or who made it no-one seems to know and their eyes go all glazed. (I was even threatened with a cake slice once)

10. lcdancesport

I am craving this!

[​IMG]

11. Peaches

...never had a s'mores...

12. samina

samina Well-Known Member

oh, now THAT we're gonna hafta rectify, m'dear...

do you have a wood-burning fireplace?

13. Peaches

Sorta. We have a chiminea we've never used, but which I'm sure would be fun.

Completely OT...did you get my email?

14. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yes. mustering the brain cells to analyze my schedule so i know how to respond. :)

we'll talk later...

15. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

OMG!!! okay, there are two schools of thought on this, with both sides nearly coming to blows over the disagreement every time we go camping. The first sect firmly believes that you must burn the exterior of the marshmallow to a black crisp in order to get the inside gooey enough to go with the chocolate and graham cracker. The second group believes you must slowly, slowly brown the marshmallow, turning the stick so it is evenly toasted on all sides, before you can combine with the chocolate and crackers. Either way, no barbeque is complete without a S'More!

16. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

....and watching the too-far-gone marshmallows turn into heaving bloated sticky alien-like creatures in the fire pit is most entertaining.

17. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Of course, the slowly browning crowd is the correct crowd. The charred sugar of a blackened marshmellow does not add a good taste. is a lot easier to make that way though. :)

18. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yes, exactly. i am the slow-brown master.:cool:

19. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

right there with ya. Need to drag my 11-year-old out camping again so I have the excuse to make some of these. Of course, there is the fall-back position of wrapping crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows in waxed paper and zapping in the microwave for a few seconds. Pretty unsatisfactory in the true S'More sense but works in a pinch.

20. lcdancesport

I used to be part of the slow roaster club, but I'm just too impatient. Give me a flaming marshmallow any day! As long as I can blow it out in time before it falls off the stick. lol :p