Chocolate Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Katarzyna, Aug 8, 2005.

1. samina

samina Well-Known Member

we haven't had a microwave for years, but i remember getting a kick outa nuking marshmallows when we did... how they expand to gigantic proportions. very fun.:rolleyes:
  2. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Not pertaining to s'mores, but when it comes to marshmallows and fire I'm of the "catch the damn thing on fire, let it burn for a bit, then blow it out" crowd. The best thing is to then pull off the outer layer and eat that, then stick it back in the fire and repeat the process.

Mmm...burnt marshmallow.
  3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Ok, I can appreciate that as well. Yum.

BUT...a perfectly toasted nicely browned marshmallow that is crusty on the outside and completely melty on the inside, *without falling off the stick*...darlin', now that has some powerful charm. If you can get it...
  4. Peaches

Yeah, them's tasty too. But...oy...the waiting and the patience involved. Catching it on fire is just so much easier.

Besides, they're kind of like edible sparklers. Fun to run around with one on the end of the stick at night.
  5. samina

samina Well-Known Member

LOL, true. But I also like waiting for...things that are worth waiting for. ;)
  6. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

You don't have a microwave? That wouldn't work at my house.
  7. Peaches

See, my take on things is that anything that's worth waiting for is worth having right flippin' now.

I can think of one, and only one, exception I've ever made to that.
  8. etp777

etp777 Active Member

On the news right now "We may be able to ferment unused chocolate and make hydrogen."

Not sure how things work at her house, but I've never had this thing called unused chocolate. :)
  9. Peaches

Come to my house...we've to plenty of unused chocolate.
  10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Leftovers...not real big in our house...are heated on the stove or in the oven & taste beter that way. And there's nothing else we'd use it for, xept Amy's organics pot pies or enchiladas now & then for the kids. And, again...the oven.:)

What do you use yours for?
  11. samina

samina Well-Known Member

My keyword is generally "more" rather than "now". Heh.

You were such a good girl...;)
  12. Peaches

Key word: "were." ;)
  13. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Mainly the microwave is used for heating up leftovers. Whatever is for dinner usually lasts at least two meals.

As well, it's quick for to heat up of water for tea or cocoa. There's no sense in heating up a whole pot of water on the stove when it's just me wanting one cup.
  14. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i find that water tastes very different when it's boiled as compared to microwaved. my father is a die-hard fan of nuking his tea water as well and he tends to roll his eyes when it go "the long route" with a pot on the stove. :)

anyway, i don't like the idea of microwaves interfering with my food, not even water, which has a beautiful crystalline structure. that's just me, tho.
  15. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I like hot water when it is heated up on the stove; tea and cocoa are more flavorful. But, since I won't be drinking much cocoa anymore, and I generally don't drink tea during the warmer months, it's kind of irrelevant anyway.
  16. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

When it's solid, perhaps.
  17. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yes, but research has shown that it is an incredibly malleable substance which re-organizes itself at the molecular level depending upon what it is exposed to... and these show up then in the crystalline design when frozen. some pretty interesting research, actually.

it might be a phenomenon that is occurring at an invisible level to my eyes, but as i am mostly made of it, i care about the quality of water i put into my body.
  18. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Had the most excellent chocolate carmelized pudding something at Il Fornaio's last night. May have to run extra miles this week so I can go have another.
  19. QPO

QPO New Member

Nestle's Old Gold is not too bad, have learnt a great appreciation for Dark Cholocate!
  20. ThisIsNotMe

ThisIsNotMe New Member

Had the best chocolate ever the other day. It was an organic one, can't remember the brand - it was sugar free, 70% cocoa dark chocolate, with mint chips. Really, really good.