Chocolate Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Katarzyna, Aug 8, 2005.

1. lynn

lynn New Member

wow, you like green tea ice-cream?? That's rare! I used to work at Baskin-Robins and none of our non-asian customers liked green tea. They just didn't like the taste!

2. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

I love the taste, but I eat a lot of different types of food too :) not afraid to try different things

3. lynn

lynn New Member

courageous! remind me the last time i had greek.....eek, all i can say is i was fortunate the hospital was only 2 blocks away from my office!

4. Katarzyna

whats so scary about greek food

5. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I'm Asian and I don't like it. Green tea is one thing, but as ice-cream...!! :shock:

6. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Green tea is a favorite of Asian BORN and RAISED in Asia. If you were raised in the states like your Asian Baskin-Robbins customers most likely were, Lynn, you would probably not have a liking for green tea ice cream.

Sagitta-
    I stand corrected- the concept of green tea ice cream is a totally EAST Asian thing. Have you ever seen green tea ice cream in India? (Come to think of it, I never saw ANYONE eating ice cream when I was in India...)

7. lynn

lynn New Member

not scary, i think i just got a bad case of food poisoning... :cry:

8. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Oh, then it was OLD Greek food. That's too bad, because Greek food is fabulous!

9. Sagitta

I was raised in Tanzania, East Africa, and I have seen quite a few people in Pune, Mahastra and other states eat ice cream. They had a green ice cream...I forget what flavor is was...that people did like...but not green tea.

10. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Lime sherbet, maybe?

BTW, Sagitta- what is the name of that local homemade hooch that Goa is famous for? They were making cocktails out of it when I was there and they named them "Goan Crazy"...

11. Sagitta

Nope..not lime sherbert...stil thinking

Two drinks actually

caju- liquer made from cashews, good for digestion

feni - alcohol made from coconuts

Probably caju is my guess since I see that being hawked and advertised as the famous Goan drink.

12. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

The name had a cute sound- maybe it was feni...I never tried it. Drank a lot of Kingfisher Beer though.

13. Sagitta

Yup Kigfisher beer is popular there. had quite a bit too. Not too dark, but not like bud, either.

14. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

No, better than Bud. Yes, it's a mild lager. :)

15. Katarzyna

I was born adn grew up in Poland... But had green tea icecream only in the US

16. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I think it might be an acquired taste. I didn't care for it much when I first tried it. Same with miso, takuan(yellow Japanese pickles) or fermented soybeans...

17. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I used to get pistachio water ice that was green. Was that the ice cream flavor? Pistachio? :?

18. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Green tea ice cream? Where'd you get that? :)

19. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Another famous Belgian chocolatier, despite the Greek name (the founder was of Greek origin I think). I've never tried their chocolate... will try when I get a chance :).

20. lynn

lynn New Member

wow, now i'm having choco cravings again...