Close to giving up.

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by dgarstang, May 10, 2013.

1. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I would hate to see how Mr. B responded to someone resistant to practicing basics because they're boring...
    llamasarefuzzy and dncergrl like this.
  2. dncergrl

dncergrl Active Member

We would've been ordered out of class and told to come back when we are ready to work. My pro just gets out stick and says "Now we do Russian way!"
  3. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

Recent Doug sighting :) He's definitely improved.

Last November, when we arranged to meet at the social, he had a good time and stayed till about 11pm. Though it took a bit of
    "Doug, it's great chatting with you, but why are you standing here? You see that lady sitting in the chair? Move it!"
    "Okay..." :oops:

This time when I ran into him at the social, we exchanged just a few sentences. Then he was off on his own, asking and dancing. :)
    Debra, dancelvr, latingal and 2 others like this.
  4. dgarstang

dgarstang Member

Not really...

I've hardly gone dancing in the past several months. I still feel unchallenged and the class selection at CBD is just plain horrid. No classes and no learning of new things makes it hard to get motivated. Sorry!

Doug.
  5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

6. twnkltoz

twnkltoz Well-Known Member

Sounds like the occasional private lesson or workshop is your best bet if there are no regular classes that work for you. Glad to see you're still dancing, even if it's not much!
    raindance likes this.
  7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

8. flightco

flightco Active Member

TC, you just had to go there didn't you?
  9. freeageless

freeageless Active Member

Doug, welcome back. You have been missed. I wish I had some suggestions I could give you. However, I think that I have already given you all the suggestions that I have. I do admire your honesty that you exhibit in your recent post. I am sure that there are many others out there in dance world who feel like you do.