Club Dancing Index (Includes Grinding)

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by pygmalion, Apr 6, 2004.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

2. katiecatx3

katiecatx3 New Member

i really need some help. every time i go to a dance...i feel so out of place :oops: . i wanna know how to grind and do cooler dance moves. can anyone instruct me on how to grind and do anyother moves that they know of ! it would be REALLY appreciated ! :D

3. pygmalion

Hi katiecatx3. Welcome. :D

Take a look at the conversation mentioned at the top of this thread: I have no idea how to dance. (Just click on the words -- you'll automatically link to the right thread.) That thread has step by step grinding instructions. :wink: :D

Good luck.

Jenn 8) :D

4. NickyD123

NickyD123 New Member

Learning moves for the club

As a new member, I've arrived with a positive attitude and some basic dance skill. I feel that this post could be good for all the people(including myself) that want to take the next step towards becoming a better dancer. Anyone with any suggestions on different dances and/or other advice would be greatly appreciated :!: This could help meet people and enjoy the night life where going to clubs is common in your area :wink:

5. ThatHaitianSwede

ThatHaitianSwede New Member

welcome to df nicky! I think there might be other threads about this but I'll give you my thoughts on this. Check out the thread about pop-locking and I can't dance or something :D

I just want to say that one of the first things you would want to do to learn club moves, is to go the club. I go to the latin club so once there, it's easy to pick up dances such as merengue and bachata and with the usual pre-party dance lesson, you can learn the basics in cumbia and salsa. As the follow you can literally become an amazing dancer by just going to the club over and over again. As the leader... You might want to start wit more rigid training in group classes at a studio or something just to get the basics going.

That's my basic advice for latin dance, which I highly recomment you pick up if you haven't. I would also recommend that you pick up some blues. Just the basic body roll and stepping is enough which you can do to a whole lot of hip-hop bump n grind music now a days.

Ohh yeah, watch music videos :D Usher's Yeah is a great one, they got the A-town stomp, the muscle and 'rock away,. rock away rock away'...

good luck

6. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Welcome to df NickyD123!! We do have a whole slew of club dancing threads in this forum, right at the top. It's not only going club dancing, but first you must determine what the type of music you like. You aren't going to do well at a dance if you don't like it. Start there first, then figure out how you are going to learn to dance at the clubs that play that music.

7. Can'tDance

Can'tDance New Member

I Want To Learn How To Dance Freestyle Club Dancing

Hi Everybody,

I Am new to the site and to the forum. i would like to start off by saying I CAN'T DANCE if my life depended on it. that's why i am here, because i was discouraged many times when i have gone to the nightclubs and had to watch my friends dance and have a good time on the dancefloor. thant's when i said to myself it's about time i learn how to dance, i luv club dance music straight out beats ie. Euro, House, Trance. My Goal is to learn how to freestyle club dance. if anybody out there can teach me the basics on how to dance to this type of music and look cool that would be awesome.

Thanks,

Leo

8. lundasalsa

lundasalsa New Member

Re: I Want To Learn How To Dance Freestyle Club Dancing

Sounds familiar to me. Part of it may be due you being afraid of making a fool out of yourself. Some people need alcohol to loosen up. For me, salsa lessons helped me to feel more at ease moving my body, even though most club music (120 bpm?) is way to slow for salsa steps (usually around 180 bpm) and most salsa moves don't make sense if you dance solo. Fortunately, after the salsa virus had caught me, the idea of solo club dancing wasn't all that appealing anymore anyway. :)

9. Can'tDance

Can'tDance New Member

I See what you mean, i do get really embarrased if i go on the floor (which is RARELY) cause for one thing i'm afraid of looking stupid and number two i cant dance.. i dont know if salsa will help me in solo danceing b/c at nightclubs everyone is freestyling and doing their own solo thing which is kool but i have no rhythm or nothing.. i just need some help and i really really really want to learn. i haven't considered dancing lessons cause i'm the shy type. i wanna learn to dance by prom thats my main goal..

if anyone can help i'm in despereate need.

thanks,

Leo

10. Can'tDance

Can'tDance New Member

Club Dancing

Hey Folks, I'm 17 years old, and i would just like to learn how to dance @ clubs. as you guys havent figured out my name I stink AT DANCING!! and i would really love to learn how to dance club style dancing. If anyone out there can just teach me the basics i am willing to learn..

Thanks Alot,
    Leo

11. Rocafella

Rocafella New Member

I'm in the same situation, I can't dance to save myself and I want to learn the Usher type dancing, I'm not sure what style of dancing it is because I don't know anything about dancing. I'm willing to spend time and effort learning but I would prefer to learn how to dance "like usher" on my own. Could anybody tell me his style of dancing, I imagine its his own style but what his style is based on. I would appreciate if someone could tell me how I should start and if they know any websites that have videos or instructions on how to dance. Sorry for butting in on the thread Can'tDance but when I saw this thread I didn't see the point in starting a new one.

12. cl5814

cl5814 New Member

13. cl5814

cl5814 New Member

14. Sagitta

Welcome to df Rocafella and Can'tDance!! And I'm glad that you are a salsa dance now lundasalsa. Join the club! :D

Now that the pleasantries are over cl5814 pointed out a really good thread. Check it out and study all the links there. I do partner dancing and some club, and I do check it out myself now and then!! As for Usher some possible links are provided below:

http://www.dance-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=4196&highlight=usher

http://www.dance-forums.com/viewtopic.php?p=48186#48186

http://www.dance-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=2024&highlight=usher

Have fun. :)

15. Sagitta

Thanks cl5814. :D

16. Can'tDance

Can'tDance New Member

Thats Kool, But it really doesnt help me i am looking more for nightclub dance music style of dancing IE. Euro, Freestyle, Trance. I just wanna dance how they dance in the nightclubs it's that simple i dont wanna hear anything about salsa dancing or anything like that. i just wanna learn the good old freestyle how they do it at the clubs. PLEASE HELP OUT A BAD DANCER IN NEED. ummm.. is there any sites that teach online club dancing or anything like that or can someone on this site teach me as i am a beginner,,

thanks alot,

LEO

17. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Well Welcome, but you really should change your name! :D

You might not be able to dance NOW, but SOMEDAY you will! I can't dance WELL now, BUT if I were properly educated in dancing, I could. Yes, I'm worried about looking goofy, but social and "fun" dancing isn't ABOUT looking good- it's about having fun and being friends, and appreciating good music. I'll bet you at LEAST have a better dance partner than I do! Mine has four legs and whinnies. He's fine on grapevines and ganchos, but really gets upset with arm-styling and spins. He kicks his heels up a bit high. He's not happy whether he's leading OR following- how is THAT for a bad dancer? :p

I might be a chunky gal, and I might be kind of klutzy and dorky, but I have a body with two legs and arms and a cheesy gap-toothed cheesy grin. This fall when I go to our horse show after parties, I fully plan on dressing a little skanky, *(GASP)* putting on MAKEUP, and guess what- TRYING TO DANCE. If I look dumb, so what- at least I'M having fun, and if the others are getting a kick out of watching me? That's fine. I'm glad I could provide some entertainment for them. I'm certainly cheaper than pay-per-view! ROFL

Chin up. I've NO room to talk, but I like hearing my head rattle at this hour!
    My favorite line of all time from any movie was
    "Fat Bitches need love too, Craig" from Next Friday. Baby-D was chasing Ice Cube around a car. Priceless delivery.

Teehee, Benadryl and Fundip are COOL together :lol:

18. Pickmeuplove

Pickmeuplove New Member

Dancing (at least grinding/ prom dancing) is like kissing, you can't really verbally explain how to do it. Watch other people who are dancing well, try to imitate them. Learn the cha-cha! :D

19. pygmalion

Hi pickmeuplove. Welcome to the forums. :D

grinding=prom dancing? That's a new one. 8) Interesting, funny, true in a lot of cases, and new. Gotta tell my friends. :wink: :lol:

20. Sagitta

Welcome to df pickmeuplove. Glad to have you with us. :D