Club Dancing Index (Includes Grinding)

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by pygmalion, Apr 6, 2004.

1. jacklyn

jacklyn New Member

Hey Archie, I'm in Atlanta as well. There are a number of places you can check out.

Gotta Dance Atlanta: got2dance.net
    Dance 101: dance101.org
    Dance 411: dance411studios.com
    Take Hold Ballroom: takeholdballroom.com (mostly ballroom and Latin dancing)

Good luck!
  2. confutatis

confutatis New Member

Clubbing, Nightclub dancing, Non-partnered dancing.(trance&house, hip-hop clubs)HELP

For a long time I've been afraid of hitting up clubs because Im very self-conscious about my ability to dance(not grinding, but just basically dancing by myself on the dance floor in trance&house or hip-hop clubs). I have been told I am a good dancer, but I still believe I am sub par. So my question is, how are MEN supposed to dance in nightclubs?

I have looked on Youtube and found these two videos... both guys seem to be good "clubbers" if you will. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87kZJu9FJOw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cP-9q6JxFw&feature=related

At present, I dance more like the guy in the first video. I really want to impress my girlfriend since she wants to go clubbing with me (at my suggestion a few days ago). Once again, grinding is NOT a problem for me, it's the solo part that i'm having trouble with.
  3. Shykid101

Shykid101 New Member

Question about the grinding dance(am i not supposed to talk to the girl when i grind?

Yea so i went on a cruise 2 weeks ago and they had a teen club on it and i danced their(grinded) and it was my first time dancing. And i really wanted to like get my first kiss with a girl their or get one of their phone numbers.. But i didnt know how to like talk to them at the teen club. This is what i did..

I danced with a girl for 2 songs.. I asked "wanna dance" she said sure and i grinded for 2 songs then said she will be right back. during those dancing moments. Should have i gave her my name. Like after the first song ended(my hands were still on her hips..) should have i said "hey whats your name" , " im Mike" then continue dancing. should have i asked her if she wants to get some fresh air or something? or is that weird.. because i only danced with her for 2 songs. Should i wait till i dance with her for like 5+ songs? And should i ask where is she from when im grinding ? someone said not to.. but i didnt see the problem because she and her friends were like in a circle and they were talking a little bit while they were grinding.. not with their dance partners(the boys grinding with them.. but with the girls(i think they were sisters or something..)

Like iuno.. im just a little depressed. i need a girlfriend or at least a female friend(not just for sex . but someone to hug and talk to ect.)

So pretty much. How do you guys/teens talk to girls in the club/at parties? after you dance with a girl.. do you sit back down and wait for a good song and if a good looking girl is dancing , you ask them and give them your name.. then dance with them for as much songs as they want to? and what do you do when they stop dancing ect.

do yall know what im saying?
    sorry if im not that clear. my grammar isnt that good
  4. Shykid101

Shykid101 New Member

Question about grinding..

When you grind with a girl, when my hands are on her hips, should i move them to her thighs(not butt) and then back up to her stomach area and then back to her hips every now and then.

And should i just be following her butt movements or should i grab her hip and i control(softly) the dance and move left to right. Cause in midddle of grinding the girl started to go slow and i felt like i should be moveing a little to and not just following her movements.

thanks in advance.
  5. etp777

etp777 Active Member

6. Shykid101

Shykid101 New Member

thanks :) But theirs like 50 pages and i read about 10 pages of it and people are saying just mix of things. Could someone just tell me if im supposed to just follow her to the movements or should i control her a tad bit. and should i touch hey body with my hands? Is not just grinding that people do it with but yea. does it feel good on woman if ill move my hands to her thighs then to her stomach every now and then or will she get freaked out.
  7. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

If you are too lazy to read 50 pages, why should we work hard to give you good advice?

It's griding. You can touch her wherever you want. If she really likes you, she will let you. Otherwise you might get slapped, or worse. And control her movements. If she has too much freedom, she might move away from you to dance with someone else or get a drink.
  8. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Um...I'd say it depends. Stay on the safe, non-creepy, non-feeling-up-a-girl side of things and keep your hands on her hips. As for the follow v. control thing, give and take. Follow her some, control it some.
  9. Peaches

Um, no. You cannot touch her wherever you want. And if she she wants to move away from you--for whatever reason, be it to dance by herself, or with girl friends, or with someone else, or to get a drink--be a man and let her go. If she wants to keep dancing with you, great, but don't force it.

And no touching wherever you want.
  10. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

Are you saying that I gave bad advice? :rolleyes: Flatly contradicting me and making me look bad? :eek: Isn't there a code on solidarity or something like that :confused: I insist that my advice was a valid one. The world has come to accept people of all sizes, colors, faith - even those with crooked teeth and short snubby fingers. Why discriminate against my honest and accurate advise then? :headwall:
  11. Peaches

You can give whatever advice works for you. I'm under no obligation to agree. And, now Shykid has two different points of view on the matter; he can take whatever advice he wants to take. This has nothing to do with acceptance or discrimination, so don't even go that route.

If a guy started touching me all over while grinding, or made an effort to keep me dancing with him if I wanted to move away, I'd be severely ticked. I don't mind hands on hips while grinding--that's fine. I might even be OK with hands going elsewhere (thighs, belly), but probably not. But just because I've consented to grind with someone, doesn't mean I'm consenting to be felt up. There are limits.

Just my $0.02.
  12. Shykid101

Shykid101 New Member

Thanks for the advice all =D

keep em coming

and the reason i didnt want to read the 50 page thread because some of the repliys dont help me. like they are just like

"oh ok"
    or "haha i thought the same thing"

only some of the post help a bit. But they do help

but yea. THANKS FOR THE REPLYS.
  13. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

i wish we could offer shykid a 3rd, 4th and 5th perspective as well.

shykid, please let us know which of our advices are really useful before we give them to you. otherwise, the case of 50 useless posts will repeat itslf, and you'll be stuck with more reading than your school homework, and very little for which you didn't go "ha ok, i already knew that!".

So, you think the next advice I'm about to give is any use to you?
  14. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Well then the 50 pages should be a short read if the posts are that short.
  15. Easy

Easy Active Member

Let us know if our advice is any good before we give it to you? That's just way too funny Q.

Shykid, I would lean more toward what Peaches said...after all she is a woman, and that's the gender you're wondering about. Mix it up. You might control the grinding a bit and she might as well. As in sex....it shouldn't all be one-sided ;)
  16. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

seems to me that grinding would be the part to be shy about not the talking...heavens yes, talk whenever
  17. Shykid101

Shykid101 New Member

another question .

Yea i was talking to a friend about it and he said that i shouldnt talk to her when im grinding, only if i just ask what her name is. He said if i want to introduce my self to a girl to find one that is sitting down and introduce your self then. But then i said. the music would ne loud and such.. So i guess its ok to have a short conversation with a girl that im grinding with. Oh and could you give me some topics to talk about for meeting girls at clubs/parties.Because all i can really talk about is her name, where she lives and thats about it.. lol. Then the conversation will die ><
  18. Easy

Easy Active Member

I actually wouldn't really want to go out with a girl that would grind with me if I had just met her. What young people consider appropriate these days is beyond me anymore.

You wouldn't kiss a girl once you just met her...maybe at the end of the first date...just maybe. IMO grinding is actually more suggestive than the old innocent kiss :(

It's your generation though SK...if grinding is what's in, then you should be able to feel if during your grind whether it's right to talk or not ;)
  19. Shykid101

Shykid101 New Member

Yea cause this girl that i met on a cruise was like so nice/innocent lol. examples would be.. a couple in a hot tub was making out and she wanted me to follow her to another hot tub . And when some kids were making out on the dance floor. She was like eww lol. and yea. i shuld of gotten her myspace or something ><. anywho i just read this whole entire thread.
    thanks for the advice's all. <3 this forum :D
  20. Easy

Easy Active Member

Yes you should have :) Didn't she remind you a little of you? he he