Club Dancing Index (Includes Grinding)

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by pygmalion, Apr 6, 2004.

1. outfit

outfit New Member

Learn how to dance at nightclubs !!!!???

Hi everyone! I guess you have many question like mine, but i wish you could help me out too. So i'm bad, really bad at dancing. But I want to go to the nightclubs and dance there like everyone else, i just wanna feel good and fit in there. Right now i can't do that, because i can't feel the rhythm, i'm rusty at moving to music. In the places where everyone is dancing, i'm always sitting and looking at them who is dancing and feeling really bad that I can't do it. it's not like that, that everyone is dancing so I should too though i don' like it. But i have this feeling, that i would love to dance if i could, when i hear music i want to move to it's beat, but i can't. I really like music and i really want to dance. So please help me!!! what should i do...? do you know some videos from whom i could learn? or i don't know, what should i do??!!!!!!?! really appriciate your help :notworth:
  2. luoweiUUU

luoweiUUU New Member

UUU Under seeks helps

I am this forum's new person! Wants to consult everybody. How in performance time cannot be anxious ?:confused:
  3. lwk1005

lwk1005 New Member

problems dancing for a whole song

This whole thread is about dancing in hip hop clubs with grinding not just any old dance party, but I find that most of the time when I go to the club I have no problem getting rejected from girls and am easily able to get girls to dance with me but there is one thing that just always seems to happen. I'll grind for a little bit maybe a quarter or half the song, and most of the girls just seem to stop dancing with me and move off. Is it because I have no rythym/ can't dance or what I can't seem to figure it out. It wouldn't be a problem if it just happened once or twice but it seems like most girls never want to dance a full song with me...Do girls generally do this when they are dancing with a bad dancer?
  4. Exodus33

Exodus33 New Member

Prom is TONIGHT!!???!!

My Senior prom is TONIGHT! And i need some pointers for dancing. I told my girlfriend/date that I wasn't bad at dancing but frankly I have no idea how good I am. I've only ever danced at a fast pace at parties and gatherings with my friends and we've only danced in a big circle and just messed around and had fun. We made moves like "the bus driver" and "the windshield wiper" etc. But I don't know how to dance WITH a girl at a fast pace. And for slow dancing, I always trip over myself because I don't know where to place my feet in relation to hers... She is a good dancer and I just dont want to look like a fool in front of her. Please help meeee...
  5. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I'm not much of a popular-teenage-dance dancer, but as for the slow songs: you lead, she should follow. Let her feel where you are going to go next.

For the fast ones...I'm not sure, but feel the music I guess.
  6. suburbaknght

suburbaknght Well-Known Member

Prom is tonight? This was a surprise? You didn't know this was coming? And what made you think it was a good idea to lie to your girlfriend?
  7. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Good luck tonight. And when you get back why don't you look into dance lessons for the summer. Then you will be all set for the Homecoming dance in the fall.
  8. Gorme

Gorme Active Member

For fast songs, do the same thing you do in the circle. It will be freestyle and everyone will have alot of fun. For slow dances, embrace her and just step side to side. If you don't know her too well, then hold both of her hands with yours. There's no room to do anything more complicated than that at these events.
  9. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

BF and I are planning to try actually dancing at our formal...should be fun.
  10. midgho

midgho New Member

Well, this thread has been a big help! I had a question, and I thought this an appropriate place to leave it.

My girlfriend insists on dragging me to a club; it hasn't happened yet, but it will. I'm not a big fan, I'm a swing/jazz guy myself, but girls will be girls...

So, anyway, do I actually need to learn to dance in some style other than simple swing? I've heard tango and salsa are good matches, but I also have heard "get drunk and wave your arms".

Ideas?
  11. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

AT and salsa are great ideas...look into local classes...getting drunk and waving your arms would not be adviable...welcome to DF
  12. etp777

etp777 Active Member

I'd definitely suggest salsa first, AT if you're going to AT club. and yes, welcome to Df.
  13. sanfor

sanfor New Member

dance wise: i need help

hello there,..

i am looking for VIDEOS specifically... or lessons about how to dance in a night club (dance\house music)
  14. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to DF sanfor!

Most of us on DF are Ballroom, Salsa, AT, Country/Western dancers. We do occasionally get folks in here asking about freestyle dancing (usually seen at clubs to the dance/house music you refer to), but I'm not sure how much we can help with this request. You may wish to start out on YouTube and search there?
  15. New in NY

New in NY New Member

Also if you search on Amazon, there are usually a lot of customer reviews which can be very helpful in choosing a DVD that has what you are looking for. Good luck.
  16. totalwise

totalwise New Member

I've done a lot of salsa dancing and got very good at it, I thought it would help me in my general dancing confidence. However I still find that I cannot do club dancing, I mean I'm ok at just dancing and going crazy by myself, but when girlos approach me on the dancefloor to grind or whatever, I have no confidence.

I've read some of yuor links and will take your advice onboard.
  17. bogdan

bogdan New Member

What to Do when grinding with a girl?

Everytime i go to a club i grind with girls and i am not shy to ask them to dance with me and all , but during the dance i mean what else besides grinding should i do............. , because i see others really into it and stuff and i want to know how exacly that could work.
  18. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

1. Be Respectful (to the partner)

2. Be Tasteful (to others)

3. Be True (to yourself; and hopefully, you'll find rules 1 and 2 there).

Welcome to the DF.
  19. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

What else besides grinding...? Like.... dancing? ;)
  20. etp777

etp777 Active Member