Club Dancing Index (Includes Grinding)

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by pygmalion, Apr 6, 2004.

1. soccachikluva

soccachikluva New Member

ok, im FREAKING OUT! i have a boyfriend and he asked me to the dance and i said ok. but the problem is that he asked me if i knew how to grind! and i was all lyk sure (said slowly and confused :confused:) and he was all lyk ok so ur guna grind and im lyk sure (slowly :friend:) and we ended it on that! but the dance is next month and idk what to do! and none of my fwendz know how (not that they are nerds n dorks n all) and my parents (dont get me started) so i need your help!

so... HELP! please... lol... Thank You!

can anyone help a gurl from hawaii grind?! lyk i know how i just get very shy when im with my boyfriend. and he kinda wants me to grind with him... so i need help.. lyk i know know how just lyk can u guys lyk give me some pointers? and my dance is in exactly 29 days and 8 hours and 15 minutes! i need help! please help a gurl from hawaii grind!

thanks
    -soccachikluva :)
  2. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

I wish I could think of lyk anything lyk constructive to say here.
  3. soccachikluva

soccachikluva New Member

to: wonderwoman
    thanks for kinda helping lol :p anyother ppl who can help me learn how to grind?
  4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

we have many old threads on this...you can do a search...we are not in the business here of details on grinding beyond that...it is what it says it is...
  5. wonderwoman

Ask him to teach you.. search youtube
  6. soccachikluva

soccachikluva New Member

thats the thing. he thinks i know how to grind! idk where he got that from cuz i neva told him that.
  7. wonderwoman

Tell him you don't?
  8. fascination

at any rate...use our search function...or check out stuff on u-tube...this is primarily a partner dance site...the degree to which grinding meets that definition is debatable but I empathize with your plight...not real sure anyone here wants to be party to your education on that front...lest your parents ask where you learned it...thx
  9. soccachikluva

soccachikluva New Member

thank you wonderwoman! but youtube on my computer is blocked cuz my sister did stuff... but my bf thinks i know how to grind! so idk what to do... can ppl lyk tell me how to get the rythm of the song to "grind"

ah ok... what do i do if a guy puts his hands on my butt? :?

can anyone teach me how to so called "freak dance"? please! i need to know this asap please. :)

i have the same situation "help" dude... but it is a high school dance... but i kind of need to learn how to "grind" can anyone hlep me?
  10. wonderwoman

You'd be askin for it girlfriend!
  11. morgrob

morgrob New Member

I am not sure if this the correct thread, but does anyone know about club style tango. The place I take lessons is offering it, and it seems cool, but doesn't seem like it would have much use. I can't imagine club like places playing tango music that often, maybe I am wrong. If anyone has any resources online or suggestions for videos, let me know. Thanks!
  12. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

In this era of the Internet, as you are in a pinch, you can try seeing if anyone has something for you on YouTube. Perhaps try some searching there...

Also look at other information sites, like eHow.com...

You could also ask some of your friends for some tips; and maybe some of them are in the same situation, and have ideas too...
  13. soccachikluva

soccachikluva New Member

thanks dude... but lyk youtube on my computer is blocked. and my friend dont know how to grind too! (they arent dorks or nerds we are the popular ones really) any other tips? lyk um... do u know how to grind?
  14. soccachikluva

soccachikluva New Member

hi guys,
    i have a dance coming up and this guy asked me to go with him to my high school dance so i said yes cuz he is cute! bt the thing is that he thinks i can "so called grind" bt i cannot! so can someone help me learn? could u give me lyk pointers or something? thank you!

-Carm
  15. wonderwoman

We can see all your previous posts.
  16. fascination

I would post this question in the tango forum
  17. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

The poster double posted (PM sent); it is in the AT forum. Please refer replies there. Thanks.
  18. fascination

actually...I am pretty sure they did that because i suggested they would do better to ask it there
  19. Nybz

Nybz New Member

Wow, I felt lyk the recent posts in here were by lyk many different people.... apparently it was all essentially the same one...
  20. Synesthesia

Synesthesia New Member

Hi, guys! Let me start off by saying that I've been lurking on this forum for a few weeks now and finally decided to sign up. I'm a 21, turning 22 soon, female who has came here because I can't dance! My problem is, I have no rhythm and I'm very shy when it comes to dancing. I am looking to learn how to dance at a party/club, but NOT grinding, which seems to be all the instructions that I have read on this thread so far. How do I dance while I am enjoying the music? The parties/clubs I go to are generally ones that play electronic music such as trance. I look forward to reading your suggestions soon!