Competition Costs

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Twilight_Elena, Jan 10, 2006.

1. wyllo

wyllo New Member

I don't know where we're staying either. :) We're travelling with a group from Madison (UW collegiate team) and someone else is taking care of the details. Do you know what color costume you'll wearing so we can cheer for you?

If you want to meet up after you're done competing, just look for the group of people wearing black & red jackets.
  2. saludas

saludas New Member

Pardon me, but maybe you folks should simply trade cell #s by private message?
  3. redhead

redhead New Member

already doing so, Mr. Cop
  4. saludas

saludas New Member

heh, heh...

not a cop, just trying to help...
  5. standardgirl

standardgirl New Member

I am wondering about the price for a pro/am comp, it's $1600 which includes 2 nights of hotel (sharing room with another student), all meals during the stay, entry to ballroom for my session and evening sessions, all fees for my teacher ($375 plus $10 per dance), entry to 2 scholarships and 5 single dances and my airfare. Is this more or less in the "normal" range? or does this sound expensive for a typical pro/am comp? And how does the "teacher's fee" part sound?

**asking, because I have never been on a package before for comps.
  6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

sounds about right to me...it is average...your pros price is cheap...be happy...that what mine charges too and it is a steal....I have done three comps so far and just paid for my 4th and they have ranged between $9000 and $3000 depending upon accomodations and heats danced etc....but when I do my yearly dance budget...I figure $1500 per comp
  7. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

The cost of comps is one of the main reasons I spend more time in the studio, and less time on the road. Here in Atlanta we are starting a competition circuit that is only open to schools and students from Georgia, and the cost of heats is $10, and championships $25. I intend to do several of these, and then a couple of comps out of state.

Hopefully, my income will increase to the point where we can do more out of state comps, as I would love to travel and meet more DFers! :)
  8. fascination

oooooo...start in the midwest:) ...
  9. standardgirl

standardgirl New Member

I second that!
  10. DanceMentor

Is the midwest any cheaper? :raisebro:
  11. fascination

well...I know of a great free bed and breakfast...:cool: ...indiana challenge is 25 a heat...and entry is nominal
  12. standardgirl

standardgirl New Member

Are you going?
    I thought about going, but since I am going to another comp the weekend right after Indiana Challenge, I don't think I will be going anymore......
  13. DanceMentor

I would seriously consider something like that. When is it?
  14. standardgirl

standardgirl New Member

Last weekend of Feb, right before Heritage.
  15. DanceMentor

Oh, except I think I'm going to compete at Heritage (just 3-4 hours from Atlanta).
  16. fascination

feb 23-26 and btw merrillville...google second street dance studio...or pm me;)
  17. standardgirl

standardgirl New Member

see you there! :D
  18. fascination

I will next year...that is so beautiful...but this is a big comp hosted by our studio so pro and I nee dmore time to plan for next year....btw...am thinking that kathryn and rosendo are coming and maybe rainier
  19. fascination

perhpas you should consider wisconsin at the end of april...gorgeous hotel and nice comp....
  20. fascination

as for indiana ...if not his year then maybe next...am hoping to drag pro to hotlanta this year...