Competition Hair

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by smidra86, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Ok, I am THE worst hairdresser for doing those little swirly bits.

Does anyone either know

a) tips and tricks apart from gel and stuff. Anything that's maybe really obvious that I've overlooked?

b) where to buy hairpieces like this from, in bright red. Most places have them in blonde or brown or black...but not red.

[​IMG]
    IvyAB likes this.
  2. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Bonus points if anywhere sells red hair nets.
  3. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Bunheads brand makes auburn hairnets. Not flaming red like your hair, but...
  4. 5678dance

5678dance Active Member

Something I learned not soon enough for doing the swirls..... it's very helpful once you have it gel-ed/sprayed/pinned down, blast it with a blow dryer on the cool setting. This makes it set really well, shiny, and prevents fly-aways. You can blast the swirls as you do them and then again at the end. And the most important tool is patience haha
  5. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I use large U pins to get the hair to make the shapes I want for large pieces and small alligator clips for the ends or smaller pieces, then got2b glued freeze spray to make them rock solid. I remove as many of the pins as I think is safe and only leave a couple to tack it to my head after it's FULLY dry.
  6. middy

middy Well-Known Member

I glue the swirls down (after they're hard) to the hair slicked against my scalp with a bit of got2b spiking glue
  7. IvyAB

IvyAB Member

Lioness, that first pic you posted back in June totally had me thinking someone had grabbed a photo of me from facebook!!! Same color hair, same fair skin, same profile (ish).

I've been using blonde hair nets--the red shows right through.