competition survival kit gift?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by alemana, Feb 22, 2006.

1. alemana

alemana New Member

i'm making a little comp survival kit gift for a friend who's heading out of town for a competition this weekend. i'd love some cute ideas of what to put inside.

i'll already be providing some homemade treats. other than that... would the active competitors amongst us please think about what little trinkets would be a) useful and/or b) funny?
  2. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Didn't we have a "Dancer's Bag" thread somewhere, as well as a "Comp Bag" thread? Those will give good ideas...

Twilight Elena
  3. alemana

alemana New Member

can't find either. 'search' has sucked for me since the relaunch.
  4. Medira

Medira New Member

Some sort of good luck trinket would be cute....maybe a little teddy bear or something?

As for actual, functional things...

- Safety pins
    - Duct tape
    - Eyelashes and eyelash glue
    - Bobby pins
    - Hairspray/gel
    - Sewing kit
    - Bottles of water to drink between rounds
    - A compact mirror
    - a nail file (just in case)
    - spare fishnets/tights (if you know her size)
    - bandaids
    - athletic tape

...erm...I'm not sure what else you could give that wouldn't be costume-specific...
  5. alemana

alemana New Member

great ideas.... she will have most of it already, but who can ever have too many bobby pins?

i would like some little jokey thing as well... but i'm blanking.... like you know how you can buy "in case of emergency, break glass" gag gifts that have something stupid inside, like a cigarette? i wonder what the equivalent for a dancer would be.
  6. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

a blow up partner?
  7. alemana

alemana New Member

Massive Snort
  8. skwiggy

skwiggy Well-Known Member

Maybe for the blow up partner, you can just get a balloon and put it in a baggie marked "emergency partner". ;)

Oh, and maybe put some monopoly money in an envelope marked "judge's bribe". ;)
  9. alemana

alemana New Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAh love it.

or a sock puppet in a rhinestone-covered, deep v-neck latin shirt.

bright orange, of course.
  10. alemana

alemana New Member

11. alemana

alemana New Member

maybe i will just get condoms. i will put some in a bag marked "bribes." more in a bag called "after-party." and more in a bag called "tension tamer."
  12. skwiggy

skwiggy Well-Known Member

That is perfect! :)
  13. alemana

alemana New Member

i REALLY want to make this but it is REALLY unlikely, since i have a comp myself this weekend. but it's too funny not to follow through on.
  14. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Nah, it needs to be about the color of QT. And it needs a ponytail.
  15. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I wonder if it's possible to obtain a P Miller bobblehead doll...
  16. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Don't forget to include a shot of vodka. ;)
  17. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

Good one! You beat me to it, actually. I was going to suggest a flask and have it engraved with something quirky like "performance enhancer" or whatever . You could decorate it with rhinestones. You'll have to provide it full, of course. I believe you can buy them at the mall at Things Remembered.

I'm planning to buy a flask and decorate it with stones. Cute!
  18. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

Alemana,

If you're short on time a few nips of schnapps will do fine.
  19. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

:lol: Good idea, about condoms. I also liked the monopoly money judge bribe idea. ;)

Twilight Elena
  20. alemana

alemana New Member

i picked up some monopoly money (thanks for that idea) and a bag of cheap "winner" medals on cloth loops (like you'd get at the olympics) last night. the money is for 'bribes.' then i will have two boxes, "open this one if you win" and "open this one if you... don't." the medals will go in the "don't." not sure yet what i'll put in 'if you do.' maybe something sweet.