Competitors need a tan?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by DanceMentor, Oct 2, 2003.

1. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Just going to put this out there.... (Thanks Larinda for posting it on Facebook!)

dancelvr, 5678dance, debmc and 4 others like this.
  2. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Fun fact...she also posted it here!

3. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Interesting, I missed a whole half page of replies too. The forum link that's supposed to take me to first unread didn't, it took me to the end.

4. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Oops sorry guys.. Im having the same issues mindputtee is.

5. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

the language in that video doesn't bother me, but...

6. alexandrahweis

alexandrahweis Active Member

I don't tan before comps. I have very even and nice skin, and I'm very very pale. So my pro and Daivd Hamilton decided it would help me stand out to not tan.

j_alexandra likes this.
  7. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

if you have ever watched any of Jennas videos she certainly is known for her "liberal use of language".

dbk and llamasarefuzzy like this.
  8. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

I had not seen Jenna before now. No filter on her thoughts! We can't say Waltz Tango Foxtrot on DF, or at least it got asterisked out before the upgrade, so I was a bit surprised to hear it.

back on topic: I too am guilty of layering various products like she did when I was impatient for results. Some formulations do not play well together... :eek:

9. slhull.13

slhull.13 Active Member

New discovery: if you want to go a little more subtle and not full-out bronze, Philosophy's Here Comes the Sun is very nice.

10. mindputtee

Have any of you used aery jo? One of the pros at my studio was saying she does a base layer of spray on and then uses this on top (it's like a makeup apparently that won't sweat off) and she always has an amazing tan.

11. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

on my skin it balled up when I started working.

12. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Oh dear...

13. I'm not sure if this was mentioned before since there are quite a few responses, but I've got pro tan, but i lost the brush applicator. Whats another good way for me to apply it?

14. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

15. middy

middy Well-Known Member

Should be able to find one at a craft store as well.

16. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

On a related note, is it possible to buy protan anywhere without the brush? I feel wasteful getting a new one with each bottle.

17. Actually I also have a bottle of sey symbol which has a nice sheen to it, but i dont know if i should use it on my face. I usually use foundation to hide my acne, but i want to be consistent with my tan. Any tips?

18. twothreefourone

twothreefourone Active Member

This please, I think it's time to move to Bali and dance on the beach.

FlyingKamakiri: Foundation, then bronzer to blend perhaps? Might take some experimentation to get the blend right though. I use a shimmery body foundation, if that's your kind of thing.

19. mindputtee

I usually try to do a light layer of tan on my face to at least get the base tone the same as the rest of my body. That sometimes results in some interesting skin disease wear off.

Flyingkamakiri likes this.
  20. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

OTOH I don't use the spray tans on my face as it just looks odd and never seems to go on evenly. Instead I just base out my face with makeup to match my tanner skin tone instead of daily skin tone.