costume tape?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by kathyt cupcake, Jan 1, 2008.

1. etp777

etp777 Active Member

The real solution is to stop dressing like Elvis, contracheck. ;)

2. contracheck

contracheck New Member

To appreciate those who provided advice and offered personal help for this project, I am quite determined to make it a success. Isn't this a great website where great people participate? Besides, I do not have the heart to disappoint thousands of people who claim that they saw Elvis in New Jersey.

3. etp777

etp777 Active Member

haha, touche. :)

And yeah, some great advice here, and actually have a shirt somewhere that I might use this info for. If I ever find a good reason to wear a purple latin shirt, that is(don't ask, esp not as to why I have not one, but TWO purple latin shirts).

4. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Pfft. It's cake. Just rip the seam, cut the interfacing to fit, put it in, and topstitch the collar back together.

5. contracheck

contracheck New Member

Thanks Joe and friends, I carried tout the operation with trembling hands in fear of losing a good shirt. The result is quite acceptable. The collar stans erect and there is no visible scar. I've learned a good skill.

6. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Good job contracheck. :) Anything special you found to help, or just an easy process, just a matter of making yourself do it?

7. Would this be the type of tape I would use for head accessories?

I will have one made to match my dress. The head band will have a pointy edge in front of my forehead, but it has nothing to make it stick. :(

Any suggestions would be helpful.

8. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

eyelash glue

9. waltzgirl

waltzgirl New Member

If eyelash glue isn't strong enough to hold it, try toupee (or wig) tape. Available at Sally's Beauty Supply and wig shops.

10. Izzy20

Izzy20 New Member

i second toupee tape. I heard about it on here and now swear by it. Just the other day I was at a social and the dress I wore was too big (i recently lost weight) so i literally taped the thing on including the straps and it didn't budge. So thankful I had it in my shoe bag.

11. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

LOL...we'll create a run on toupee tape. <grin>