"Could I Have This Dance" - Alternate Versions of the Song?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Medira, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Medira

Medira New Member

One of the instructors at my studio has a wedding couple that he's working with. The other day, he came to me asking if I knew of alternate versions of the song "Could I Have This Dance (For the Rest of my Life)" because they think the lyrics are perfect, but they aren't too fond of Anne Murray. So, I checked through what I've got (I work as a DJ) and came up with one other version, but it has a couple of pauses in it which would be just long enough to throw off new dancers. So, in times like these, I come to my DF family and ask:

Do you know of any good, danceable versions of this song that aren't done by Anne Murray?

2. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

Speak of the Devil and she shall appear!

Hey there, friend, I just mentioned you in another thread. Hope you're well.

3. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

4. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

Upon further googling . . .

He is apparently a pretty famous country singer. So if they like country but just don't like Anne Murray . . .

The song is on his cd titled "40 #1 Hits" which is available on amazon.com. On his cd, the song is titled "Cowboys and Clowns," but the lyrics are the same.

5. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

Did a quick search of iTunes and found many covers of the song. Sampled a few and none caught my fancy (including a reggae version!). You might want to check out that resource and see if you like any of the versions iTunes has to offer.

-IJ

6. Medira

Medira New Member

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, they're trying to get away from the country feel. I'll defintiely keep looking though because I have a feeling it could come in handy for running dances. :)

7. Medira

Medira New Member

Hello Jay! It's good to see you. Unfortunately, life has kept me away over the last little while. It looks like I may have a chance to get back into the swing of things again though! It's good to be back. :)

8. Genesius Redux

Genesius Redux New Member

ROTLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, Delamusica--I'm a New York boy who has lived in Nashville since like 1991, and you just totally made my day!

Someone named Ronnie Millsap! ROTFLMAO!

You are my hero!!!!!!!

9. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

You people have never heard of Ronnie Milsap?

10. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

once in every life...someone comes along...and you came to me...it was almost like a song...you were in my arms...right where you belong...we were so in love, it was almost like a song...now my broken heart....cries for you each night and it's almost like a song, but it's much to sad to write

11. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

No...never heard of Whatshisface. And I've no clue waltz-tango-foxtrot Fascination is yammering on about.

12. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

my folks were country western folks...ronnie milsap had a big hit with the song, "it was almost like a song"...those are the words

13. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

14. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Ah, both kinds of music!

15. Genesius Redux

And don't forget....

"And yewwwww-wooooo
    Laht up mah lahiiiiiife,
    Yew give me hope
    Tew carry awn...."

16. Genesius Redux

And you are my hero too, Peaches. I'm looking around for a nice grate to let you do the Marilyn thing....