dance bucket list

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by fascination, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Mayo??
    good luck!!!
  2. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

1. I know sounds backwards. Dancing with my boss in smooth in hopes of someone seeing me and wanting a tryout. Its a ling story and a bit more complicated but that's the basic gist.

2. Already tried, he isn't doing tryouts currently. My next hope is Mikolai. Lol. Unfortunately, no matter what my credentials as amateur are, they don't matter all that much to already well established pros.
  3. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

yup that is true best of luck
  4. 5678dance

5678dance Active Member

Famfam, i'm offended :p I'll PM you hehehe
    dlliba10 likes this.
  5. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

-dance for one more school year
    -learn vienese and dance vienese
    -take many privates this year
    -love my dancing
    -be proud of my dancing
    -write at DF this year
    -dance with my hubby at a social
    -dance with my hubby at a private
  6. chomsky

now I find this inspiring, thanks for sharing I feel the same!
  7. chomsky

wow, thanks for this, the first and last!!!
  8. Lorelei

Lorelei Member

Being able to dance man's part at Champ level
    Never give up dancing
    chomsky likes this.
  9. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

- Dance Open 9 dance at USDC and/or Ohio and feel like I belong there
    - Dance a waltz with my man, in front of our non-dancer friends, and watch them be surprised by his skill
  10. LT

LT Member

Represent USA at World Games at Warsaw in 2017... ;)
    ajiboyet likes this.
  11. chomsky

never give up on dancing!!! yes yes yes!!!!
  12. anntennis

anntennis Active Member

I would like to be able to take about the whole month off in February and attend at least 6 various Vienna Balls in Austria during Vienna's Ball Season. It looks that its one ball after another during the month of February and I think it should be a lot of fun.
    samina, chomsky and GGinrhinestones like this.
  13. chomsky

wow!!!!!!!!!
  14. jump'n'jive

jump'n'jive Active Member

Be a finalist in the professional 9 dance. Have all our smooth done and goin to debut next month but with our upcoming wedding a few months away, our new dance studio finishing build out and running that plus 2 dogs and a 4 year old life kinda gets in the way.

Realistically to continue to run a successful dance studio and provide for my family and get stable staff.
    chomsky likes this.
  15. chomsky

congratulations for your upcoming wedding!!!
  16. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Dance somewhere else in the world, at some point in my life.

Whether that's in Japan next year, the US when I've saved up enough money for a $2000 airfare, or Britain when I'm a superstar (probs not going to happen...) I'd love to experience the differences between here and there.
    chomsky likes this.
  17. OreganO

OreganO Member

1. Find a dedicated dance partner to grow with and keep for longer than a year
    2. an exciting dance scene (which will hopefully come with grad school)
    3. Dance at an open level (in a few years or so)
    chomsky likes this.
  18. stash

stash Well-Known Member

1) perform a showcase
    2) dance in my new dress
    3) probably more appropriate for the west coast swing thread but dance with Benji Schwimmer.
  19. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

This is from a list that's nine years old which I've kept on my phone to remind me of where I've been, where I'm going, and where I still want/need to go with dancing:

1. Learn to dance at a social level passably well (complete a song with minimal screwups/startovers) with anybody who asks me to dance. Check.
    2. Be able to (whether I actually do or not) dance every single type of dance at any social venue. Check.
    3. Dance well enough to perform. Check.
    4. Dance well enough to compete. Check.
    5. Perform and compete with success. Check.
    6. Dance well enough to teach other people how to dance, either with my partner or by myself. Check.
    7. Dance at least the basics of every American and International-style dance and all of the popular "side dances" de rigeur. Check.
    8. Bring down a world of pain upon the doubters who used to hide in the kitchen and laugh at that fat girl with no talent who couldn't wear anything that wasn't turquoise. Big. Fat. Check.
    9. Dance, teach, and perform a wide radius around my own back yard through small workshops, classes, etc. Check.
    10. Know enough about dance to be able to choreograph my own performance/competition material that is also adaptable if lead-follow is required, and have the ability to pass that along to others. With help on occasion I'm not too proud to ask for, Check.
    11. Become (regionally, not nationally- I wasn't high) known as a good dancer and teacher in spite of not looking or acting like a traditionally-packaged and marketed Dancer Barbie. Check.
    12. Own "real dancer swag"- shoes and a dress. Check.(This was A Big Deal, my first pair of REAL dance shoes)
    13. Perform one of those flashy knockout Princess For A Night routines with my coach. No check, and not holding my breath on that one. The trade-off is that I have my own partner to do that with, and I don't have to starve myself, wear boob-tape, or defy gravity.

All in all, I'm where I need to be and I'm happy about it. I know where I belong and what I'm supposed to do, and I want to keep doing that.
    dancelvr, Sania and nikkitta like this.
  20. Loki

Loki Active Member

I'm told by people who have gone that they dance two dances: VW (of course) and Polka. All.night.long...

Maybe they were joking.

I think I'd like to spectate at Blackpool, just to see "how it's properly done".