Dance Legends 2013

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Meagan, Oct 25, 2012.

1. stash

stash Well-Known Member

It would be awesome if you could get Michael and Beata back since they backed out last year because of an injury. I was really looking forward to seeing them last year.

2. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

ditto!!

3. Meagan

Meagan Active Member

Been loving all the responses we've been getting here so we've taken some of your suggestions to a poll on our FB page :) To vote/check out the results check out our DanceLegendsNYC FB (polls on the other styles are still to come ;))

4. Mr 4 styles

best of luck with the event meagan

5. Griffico

Griffico Member

I would honestly be happy with the couples from last year :) I only got to see half of them, and I'd love to see them all again. Maybe you could get Slavik...? Would also very much like to see Franco and Olga. Liked the idea of the Hiltons as well.

Loved Alain and Beverly and the mambo demonstrations last year as well!

IlyZislin and Meagan like this.
  6. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

I would love to see Marcus and Karen, especially as I've never had the chance to see them dance in person. Michael and Beata could be great.

A thought that just popped into my head would be Louis and Karina. They've both changed and grown so much since they competed together that it could be a truly phenomenal performance.

As far as the event overall, I also find myself thinking about the differences between couples whose competition dancing I loved versus those who I felt did the best shows. Sometimes the two overlap, but not always.

ChaChaMama, dlliba10 and Meagan like this.
  7. Meagan

Meagan Active Member

So very true!!

8. Meagan

Meagan Active Member

So far in our Standard poll on facebook William Pino & Allessandra Bucciarelli are in the lead followed by Marcus & Karen Hilton! If you haven't voted yet, we'd love to have your opinion and if you don't see the couple you'd prefer please add them as a choice!!
    The poll can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/questions/483939861637811/?notif_t=question_answer [are links to facebook okay?]

Coming up next will be our Rhythm poll which I know many of you are interested in so stay tuned :)

dlliba10 likes this.
  9. Mr 4 styles

dont do facebook so ill tell you now

Bob and Julia
    Felipe and Carolina
    Decho and Bree
    Emmanuel and Liana

debmc likes this.
  10. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

+1 for Louis and Karina ! Changed my mind. make it +5 !

canismajor41 likes this.
  11. middy

middy Well-Known Member

I love Gherman & Iveta as showdance performers! Maybe consider other 10-dance couples?

12. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

Alessia & Massimo!

13. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

I would also be intrigued by Louis/Karina! Good suggestion, Professor SDSalsaguy!

For those of you who went last year, what level of seating do you think was the best value for the dollar? Last year, there seem to have been seats ranging from $75/night (for Balcony 2) $1250/night (for front row VIP).

Or to put it another way, if you went last year and plan to go again this year, what level of ticket do you plan to buy this year?

14. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

I was in the fourth row because I'm, um, obsessed (yeah, that's the nice way to put it), but after seeing the venue, I think even first or second balcony would be fine to take in the show -- being that close was utterly exhilarating though, and I caught a lot of things I don't think I would have noticed in a higher up seat.

15. Meagan

Meagan Active Member

I will just hint that the pricing structure has changed slightly this year ;) And that some of the better seats may be a better value under the new structure (particularly if you buy early).

16. Meagan

Meagan Active Member

dlliba, loooove having such enthusiastic audience members :) hope to see you this year as well ;)

17. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

I'm intrigued. When might this pricing information be made public?

18. Griffico

Griffico Member

I will say that seats in the back did tend to cut off or obscure (via the railings) the nearest few squares of dance floor. When the couples were on that hairy edge, everyone in the section would start straining their necks to see, which meant that if you were way in the back, you'd almost have to stand. It was kind of sad when one of the couples would come up very close to the audience on the near side to do a picture figure, and you couldn't see what they were doing for a few seconds. That's a long time in a routine that's only a couple minutes long to begin with.

19. Meagan

Meagan Active Member

Tickets will officially be on sale very soon (within the next two weeks), you all will be among the first to know I promise :D

20. Meagan

Meagan Active Member

dlliba10 likes this.