Dance Legends 2014 - Who do you want to see?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Meagan, Nov 17, 2013.

1. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Or just move it to another new thread.

2. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

When will the DVDs be ready ?

3. limni299

limni299 Member

I have the same question. Incidentally, I emailed DL yesterday (per website's contact details) and will let you know if I get an answer before an update is posted here.

4. IlyZislin

IlyZislin Active Member

we are working super hard on getting the DVDs out asap. Keep in mind, we are perfectionists so there are several revisions (and when I say several, it's many). We want to make sure DVDs are best quality (given the live nature of the event). We do have a very good draft already - so the answer is: soon.

ajiboyet likes this.
  5. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Any updates on when the DVDs will be ready ?

6. Meagan

Meagan Active Member

Wow its been a long time since I've posted in this thread! But I know there are some people on here that love dancesport photos as much as I do so I just had to!

We have been working on our 2015 calendar and we've reached our limit of choosing one awesome photo over another. We have four great photos of Riccardo & Yulia from the 2014 show so we're currently having a FB contest to hear which one everyone likes the most. I figured I'd post them here for y'all since as I said I know there are some DF photo lovers out there!!

To vote in the official contest you have to go on FB, but if you have thoughts on the photos let me know (cause maybe I'll slip a second one into the calendar if there's a different DF consensus) :)

Attached Files:

7. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

I vote for number 1.

8. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Seconded. They're all good, but number one is epic.

9. IlyZislin

IlyZislin Active Member

no one likes #3? am I really the only one that loves that one? (well maybe I am not, it's close second in the poll on facebook)

10. raindance

raindance Active Member

I like 3 best Ily.

11. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

number three

12. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

This might make no sense, but I like 3 as a photo (it's actually my favorite from a pure aesthetic stance), just not as a dance photo.

13. IlyZislin

IlyZislin Active Member

It actually makes perfect sense. That's a good way to describe how I feel. But it's so... artistic. Hmmm.

14. Meagan

Meagan Active Member

Makes perfect sense to me!!! Personally I love artsy and abstract dance photos (especially the ones from the show because they can really play off the lighting, costume choices, and venue). In the calendar it's always a challenge to get a good balance of "artsy" photos and photos that show a full range of movement or amazing lines ~ but we try!!

I just love #3 so much we might need to find room for two R&Y photos...there are only so many months but I really (selfishly) want to have that one on my wall at some point during 2015 lol

15. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

I LOVE 2!!!