Dance Legends 2014 - Who do you want to see?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Meagan, Nov 17, 2013.

1. twothreefourone

twothreefourone Active Member

I'm off to look for flights now... Donnie & Gaynor please :) and Michael & Vicki Barr (their foxtrot was so magical at the Blackpool Congress I, ahem, got dust in my eyes).

Oh, and if they're taking requests, seeing as they're already there... I'd love to see Riccardo & Yulia do a full tango and Victor & Anastasia do a full mambo... :D

2. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

YES YES YES YES YES

twothreefourone and ajiboyet like this.
  3. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

So much yes! I am on the fence about Dance Legends this year, but if that were happening on one night, I would have to go.

twothreefourone likes this.
  4. Meagan

Meagan Active Member

Half the couples announced for this year so far are from outside the US

dlliba is right they performed in the 2013 show and were stunning. They are one of those couples that you can tell really enjoys performing and puts a lot of thought into the creativity and musicality of their shows.

Would love to hear some of your favorite "show couples" if you have them in mind :) Some couples just really have a special knack for that kind of performance I think. I end up very busy the weekend of the actual show but some of the performances are just so mesmerizing that even I forget what I'm supposed to be doing for a second. Love those moments (even if they're a bit scary when I snap out of it :rolleyes:)

5. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

My favorite part of DL is you torturing me after you watch the dress rehearsals and wondering how big of a heart attack I'm going to have when I actually watch the performances ...

twothreefourone and ajiboyet like this.
  6. Meagan

Meagan Active Member

Curious ~ that is also one of my favorite parts of Dance Legends!! :wacky::kiss:

dlliba10 and ajiboyet like this.
  7. Becca

Becca Active Member

Quick question - looking back at the 2013 thread, I see that the schedule was only announced around a month before the show, in March. Do you think that if it is as late as that again for 2014, I would still be able to get a ticket? I'm planning to buy Orchestra Front Row (VIP) and not sure how many of these seats there are available overall.

8. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

I am probably not going this year, but if I recall correctly from last year, you can see the seat map and pick your own seats! So why don't you go in and see what the availability looks like?

I will say that I think some of the front row VIP seats are more desirable than others, so if I were definitely going in at this price range, I would try to get my seats as early as I could. But I also completely understand wanting to wait until you have DEFINITE information about which nights your favorite performers are performing.

9. Becca

Becca Active Member

Oh, amazing, I had no idea! Thank you so much for the tip!

When you say some of the seats are more desirable than others, will it be the usual thing as in the closer to the centre of the row the better? Or is there anything specific I need to know about this venue?

Really appreciate the advice!

10. Becca

Becca Active Member

Flight is booked! No going back on this now! I am definitely coming!

All that's missing is a ticket - I can see already that I won't get to sit exactly where I would ideally have wanted, but there are still plenty of other seats available on the front row so I'm certainly not going to complain!

Eagerly awaiting details of the schedule!

11. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

Becca, you may want to call and speak to someone directly before you order online. I had to call because there were some problems with the online ticket system the day I ordered. When I called, they had seats available that looked unavailable online.

I am only able to make Saturday evening, but am very excited!!!!

12. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

@Becca--I think a lot of people would like to sit front row, center, on the side from which the filming is taking place, or as close to it as humanly possible.

I personally would not. If I were paying for a front row seat, I would want to sit on one of the sides which border the dance floor, where there is (if I recall correctly) only one row of seats. IIRC, those seats are actually slightly closer to the action. It also seemed like a lot of the professional dancers who performed in Dance Legends were seated there on their night off, and that the performing dancers occasionally played to their professional colleagues in addition to the rest of the audience.

This is just one person's idiosyncratic view and I'm sure many would disagree, but that's where I would want to sit.

j_alexandra and dlliba10 like this.
  13. Becca

Becca Active Member

That sounds awesome. I think I am most likely going to try to sit where you describe, as there seems to be more seats left there than anywhere else right now. So it seems likely that when I find out which night I need to go that there will still be space left for me there.

Just for reference, which side does the filming take place from? I'm guessing it is the side with all the many tiers going up to the roof? I admit that is also ideally where I would love to sit, but there are only two seats left there on each night at the moment according to the website, so it looks highly unlikely!

Thanks for the tip, singndance - I will definitely do that when I order!

So excited for my first ever USA trip!

14. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Can we do that now???

Meagan likes this.
  15. Meagan

Meagan Active Member

Very sorry for the long delayed reply, I was away for the holidays :) But CCM did a great job explaining the venue.

To add some extra clarification, the video is actually shot from three different angles on different sides of the floor so there isn't really a side from which filming takes place. Although the one side does have the mezzanines, the other side has more orchestra seats so the seat distribution on each side is about even. Because of this, we let all of the couples know there is no "front", and that they should expect to be surrounded by the audience on all sides and perform accordingly ;)

CCM is right that the seats on the sides (004, 008) are slightly closer to the floor because there is only one row (so your toes can pretty much touch the floor while you're sitting). She is also right that a lot of the Legends were seated there on their night off last year, but I can't promise that will be the same. I've never sat in the front row for the show obviously but the view is great from pretty much any of the seats (my spot is in line with the front row seats in the very, very corner of 005 and when I'm watching I have a great view).

I don't know if that made more or less sense but feel free to call when you are ordering your ticket if you have any questions!

On a much clearer note, Michael & Joanna will be back for 2014 :D

16. ajiboyet

YAY!!!

17. Becca

Becca Active Member

Thanks so much Meagan! It really sounds to me like front row on ANY side is a winner! I can't wait to book my ticket!

I noticed Michael and Joanna on the list yesterday when I looked -pretty sure that whichever day I end up going, the whole evening will be absolutely spectacular!

18. ajiboyet

Their last major competition was the Internationals. I'm sure a lot of people will be happy to see them.

*now thinking about Sergey and Melia*

19. Becca

Becca Active Member

Who are exactly the couple that my decision regarding my day of attendance is currently depending on! Whichever day they dance on is the day I buy my ticket for, regardless of whoever else is dancing! Can't wait to find out! They are my entire motivation for finally attending this year.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  20. ajiboyet

On a not-totally-unrelated note, I just went over to the website, and Riccardo's abs on one of the pictures look stone-carved.