Dance pants for a skinny guy

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by billman, May 9, 2012.

1. billman

billman Active Member

I am thinking about purchasing my first pair of dance pants. I am hoping to find some I can use for both American styles. I have an average size waist, but as my partner says "chicken legs".:) Small thighs.
    Any recomendations? Custom made is out of the question right now.

Thanks, Bill
  2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I would go with a loose fit...to create more volume...maybe go to some comps and talk with the vendors
  3. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Seconded...
  4. brianl

brianl New Member

I would recommend going to one of the dance pants suppliers who offer made-to-measure. That is, of course, if you're ok with spending slightly more for pants.

For a cheaper route, you could purchase ready-to-wear and take them to a tailor to get fitted to you. The tailor can then advise you on the type of fit and cut you should have. Obviously this works better if you have a tailor who does a lot of ballroom work.
  5. billman

billman Active Member

Great advice!! Thanks!
  6. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

I've heard good things about dancepants dot com. Not being a man who owns dance pants, I can't personally vouch for them though. :)
  7. ACtenDance

ACtenDance Active Member

hard to beat the prices on mensdancepants dot com when they are on clearance, and they look pretty good if you can get over the signature belt loops they put on their pants;
    however, I recently purchased pants from stardanceshop dot com and find the fabric, weight and cut much nicer... of course I bought them specifically for practice and taking lessons in Standard only, though they have many options that would suit rhythm and smooth. Both of these options will be "off-the-rack" and come with unfinished hems.
  8. Smooth Dancer

Smooth Dancer Active Member

Rainbow Shiu sells custom pants for about $80 US. Search the forum for comments. I have not purchased.

Just bought Latins from DanceAmerica.com. Was a tat disappointed with quality, but overall fit and look were great. I kept them and am overall happy. Paid about $250 US.