Dance Shoe Information -- Index

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by pygmalion, Dec 8, 2003.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hmm. Dance Naturals has quite a few styles listed on their website as available in 3.5 inch heels. I haven't yet been able to find a distributor that stocks them, though. Anybody know?

Edit: Was the picture you posted a Dance Naturals style? There are quite a few more with heels like that. You know, that student of your might send an email to Dance Naturals and see if there's a distributor near you that stocks the super high heels in a style she likes. Try their website dancenaturals.it 8)

2. Lrn2dnc

Lrn2dnc New Member

Thank-you pygmalion, and thanks for the links.
    You're on the money with the 3.5 latin shoes. That's what she is interested in.

Makes me feel bad that you found them so easy, after I spent over 4 hours googling. But I appreciate it that much more.

Last Q, do pics of the shoes come up for you on the dancehappy site?

They don't for me. The other site was fine though.

Thanks again,

Lrn2dnc

3. pygmalion

Don't feel bad. I did some googling, true. But I started out at sites I already knew from previous online searches. So my finding things quickly doesn't really count. :wink: :lol: And yes. I can see pictures of shoes on the dancehappy site. I've never had a problem with their website. Hmm. :?

I know that backbaydancewear.com also has quite a few elegance shoes. Their selection is not quite as big as dancehappy, but their prices are sometimes better. So there's another option you might like to try. 8) :)

4. smiley-28

smiley-28 New Member

Elegance Ballroom Shoes - 1 Strap or 2 Straps

hi!

pygmalion - you're been so informative on a lot of shoe topics!!! thanks...not sure where i should put this question...

i've tried on lots of shoes and have decided to get elegance...lots of padding on front and good for narrow feet....so i am planning to custom order a pair (tan fabric with N3 heels...not sure if i should get F3 heels) and wanted to it get right the first time...wanted to check with you guys as i am still a newbie to ballroom dancing....whether 2 straps is better or 1 strap....looking for which one looks better....which would professionals wear/prefer?

here are the two styles....royale and royale 2S OB...sorry i couldn't post the pictures, but here is a url to them....
    http://www.chezotic.com/shoes/ldyopen.html

another view of the 2 straps
    http://store.yahoo.com/dancehappy/ellatroy2sob.html

thanks in advance for your help!
    smiley-28

5. cl5814

cl5814 New Member

Smiley,

Wear what you like. One or two straps doesn't matter. Which do you prefer ? Maybe go to a social dance and talk to some followers about shoes.

6. smiley-28

smiley-28 New Member

thanks, cl5814.....usually i am definitive on what i like or don't like...just couldn't decide this time :? i've tried on the single strap in the store....however, no 2 straps available to try on! :(

7. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Welcome to df. I'm a guy and so I cannot speak from personal experience, but hopefully other df members will chime in too.

8. smiley-28

smiley-28 New Member

thanks, sagitta

9. skwiggy

skwiggy Well-Known Member

A friend of mine is involved with one of the local college clubs, and is looking for an inexpensive and versatile solution for buying a first pair of shoes for the beginners. Most of them can only afford one pair of shoes, and that one pair will need to be worn for practice, social dancing and competition. The specific questions are:

1) Whats a good, but affordable shoe for beginning dancers that want to be able to dance both latin and standard in a competition? For men? For women?

2) Does anyone know anything about the quality of Star?
    ww w.stardanceshop.com

10. skwiggy

skwiggy Well-Known Member

*bump*

Buehler? Buehler? Anyone? :-/

11. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

People, bad news about this thread: due to the new DF system, the links are all down. Maybe we could all help in finding the thread URLs agian and making things better? I'm sure a mod could give us a hand with this. :D

Twilight Elena

P.s. Will start digging myself when I get enough time to breathe.:?

12. Joe Reinke

Joe Reinke New Member

Can you please let me know which brand makes the best men's soft ballroom shoes.

13. Leggie

Leggie New Member

Seconded!

14. gokche

gokche New Member

Hello!

I am looking for a fexible and light salsa shoes which I can find and get via internet. I have checked some web sites e.g supadance and allaboutdance etc, but I could not find salsa shoes, all of them have flare heel and for ballroom latin dancers. Do you know where I can find and get best salsa shoes on web? Thank you so much in advance... Gokce

15. traceyplatt

traceyplatt New Member

thanx for the info

16. Whirling Dervish

Whirling Dervish New Member

I am wondering if someone could help me decide on a brand of shoe. I'm only 120 pounds but am very hard on shoes--I go through the best very quickly.

Of course I would like to pay a fair price, but expect to pay more for shoes that will last awhile.

Thanks!

17. pygmalion

Court shoes? Latin shoes? Any particular fitting issues (i.e. narrow foot, wide foot, high arches, etc.) ? The more information you give (sometimes, anyway,) the better feedback you receive. :cool:

18. Romein

Romein New Member

what are the hardest types of shoes to dance in?

19. Whirling Dervish

Whirling Dervish New Member

I was thinking Latin shoes. Those seem to be the most delicately built. I have a wide foot but it's small, no arch problems.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this thread--thanks for the help.

20. tangotime

tangotime Well-Known Member

shoes

--I am very well aware of what the benefits are ( being a coach and examiner ) that was not what I posed.--Q, again, have any of you ladies come across anything that will substitute. and by the way, when I,m dancing socially, even with all my training in both standards, I go on auto pilot ( even in bare feet ! ) Think we tend to sometimes to not relax , and enjoy the moment .Am not advocating abandoning tech. Classic e,g.-- was adjudicating many yrs ago, when of my fellow judges asked me, during a break to dance Samba ( she was a former champion ), and we just shuffled around the floor and had a good time ; and I can tell you now, she was not wearing dance shoes .