Dancesport photography

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by White Chacha, Sep 23, 2010.

1. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

But given a choice, do you prefer expressive photos of yourself or some other couple?
  2. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

that's right, if image is so blurry when enlarged, can't really see the detail of the picture, most people would likely to doubt the quality of original and not likely to purchase.
  3. Standarddancer

Thanks for chime in Cantski, would love to see you as official photographer at more comps. And thanks for your beautiful photos for us at Nash Dance Center. Maybe you could have more dancers to sign petition etc. to have you as official photographer for the comps you wish to participate? I'm not sure how it works exactly, just thinking out loud.
  4. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

Given a choice, I'd prefer photos of myself. What I was trying to say is that when photographers shoot comps, they should feel free to take photos that are interesting to them as photographers, and not be confined to the "normal" photos because they think that is what people want to purchase. One of the reasons I rarely purchase photos of myself (even if I think the dancing looks good) is that there's nothing "special" about the photo.
  5. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

cantski, I am interested in buying posters of my favorite pros from your website, but I don't see an option for purchasing those photos on the right hand side for many of them.
  6. Sounds like I am your photographer then. :)
  7. Oops. :)

My website should be going through a few visual modifications soon so I should catch this when that happens. In the interim, enjoy dancing animals??? :)
  8. A lot of those images are unfortunately not for sale as I may not have been the official photography vendor at the event. If you PM me with the images that you are curious about, I can contact the organizer and ask them for permission.
  9. Standarddancer

Update with Dorestudio: after kept me waiting for one month finally they responded my email for proof photos to preview, email below:
    Hello and thanks for your request. We will however need a credit card and
    address to match, so that when we do find your photos we can mail them to
    you on approval with a credit card guarantee. Thanks, Gay
    Looks like they really do not want to put up proof thumbnails online and even want to charge for searching someone’s photos? Anyone else got such request for their credit card # on hold? L I don’t know what to do, I usually prefer to preview before give out credit card #, bump…