Dancesport Related Jobs

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by chocolatchica, Apr 18, 2008.

1. emeralddancer

emeralddancer Active Member

well let's see ...
    I have attempted to help at the studio ie: marketing, web, etc ... but atlas ... a no go there ... apparently well staffed.

Um ...shoes are definitely an option. but would like to sell ray rose, supadance and aida and actually have a stock so people can purchase them right then and there so no waiting. Also sell practice clothes too. Totally going in this direction. Could be a market for it here in MD.

I can not at this point make dresses. though would love to ... I can stone the heck outta a dress though. :D

Starting to get into the whole web design thing for smaller compainies that want to promote themselves.

Something will give ... eventually.

Persistance is key eh?

2. Bella

Bella New Member

Well - Jobs? Absolutely. Dancing? You betcha. In men? no. ;)

If your studio won't staff you for anything, I'm sure they welcome a helping hand... decorations, cleaning, whatever they need. If you've already been doing that, I'm sure they appreciate it. No worries, an opportunity will present itself sure enough.

3. emeralddancer

men? who mentioned men? don't need em. LOL;):rolleyes:

just a job that I love please!

4. Bella

Bella New Member

You'll find a job in dance, just be patient and I'm sure you'll find something better than cleaning toliets. How bout you stone my dresses? Warning: this is not a well paying job, just girl talk and fun company.

5. emeralddancer

hey all for it .... so where is the dress? oh and of course a couple of drinks to throw back when done stoning.;)

6. Bella

Bella New Member

Deal. The dress is in PA lol... being worked on by Elena, my costume lady

7. emeralddancer

cool cool ....

8. Bella

Bella New Member

And this concludes the conversation between Em and Bella.

9. canismajor41

canismajor41 Active Member

I will be your first customer. I hate that there isn't a good ballroom retail store in the MD/DC area. There is definately a need for it.

10. Bella

Bella New Member

^ OPPORTUNITY! What did I tell ya!

11. Becca

Becca Active Member

I would totally pay for somebody to stone for me . . . not that I'm too lazy to do it myself, just . . . I would probably make a total hash of it!

12. dancerman

dancerman Active Member

Emerald Dancer, I am curious what your field of expertise is now. You mentioned web design. Suggestion, if you are thinking of doing shoes give a lot of thought to how you would sell them, before you jump.. I would be happy to chat with you PM anytime. We are in different areas so I am happy to share. I have gone the shoe route on a small scale and now currentlty have over 300 pair in stock. It grows on its own
    Persistence is key, but planning is as important.

13. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I was going to suggest getting dancerman in here.

I'm doing the receptionist thing. I don't clean the toilets (though I do stock the toilet paper.) It's not my full-time job, though.

14. emeralddancer

Hit me up if ever ya need help! :D

15. emeralddancer

PM'd you!

16. dancerman

dancerman Active Member

Dance related work.

I just thought I would ask how your thought process is working on this?
    I hope you continue to maintain your enthusiam for entering the dance industry. I also hope that the info we shared via PM was somewhat of a help. It really is great getting involved in something we have a passion for, no matter how difficult it may seem to decide to make the jump.