Dancing in High Heels

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by pygmalion, Nov 15, 2003.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Best of luck! :D You're gonna knock em dead! 8)
  2. jenibelle

jenibelle New Member

Ahhhh noooo!! I've been lazy I guess and have practised in my oh-so-comfy jazz sneakers for the past few months (I even wear them out to the clubs!) and in a few weeks we're performing in dresses and heels. Am I doomed or should I just live in my heels for the next little while!? I just find them kind of scary, especially because in our routine we have a few tricks and drops and stuff so I feel more secure in sneakers. :?

Jeni
  3. pygmalion

Get into those heels as fast as you can. The biggest mistake I ever made was to wear my practice shoes until a couple days before a performance. I felt wobbly all night. :(
  4. squirrel

squirrel New Member

:oops: :oops: :roll:
    gals, I usually tell my students to avoid any sort of sneakers... I think dancing in high heels is far better! you get used to such shoes and never have problems in them!
    but the sneakers... some girls do come in sneakers to the class and they spin on their heels! and I keep telling them it is all wrong...! what to do...? :? :?
  5. pygmalion

Do they wear sneakers to class, then go out dancing in heels? Or do they wear sneakers all the time?
  6. squirrel

squirrel New Member

some wear them for practicing, others all the time... I know how comfy they are (have danced in them myself...) but I do not like it when they get bad habits 'cause of the shoes!