Dancing With the Stars 3

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by iluvballroom, May 10, 2006.

1. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Goofball! Someone asked me her age, and I thought around 21/22...but I can't remember.

2. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

She must still easily be in her twenties. She made the finals in Blackpool with Paul Killick in 1999 but she was young when she turned Pro.

3. Dancebug

Dancebug Well-Known Member

Am I the only who does not know any celebrities except Tucker?

I hope they will throw in some dance with Louis and Karina partnered. It seemed that Louis misses his days with Karina. At one show Louis kept calling his then-partner Karina, which of course made her mad. They broke up almost immediately after that incident.

4. alemana

alemana New Member

i've been seeing the promo for the show already and it's set to AC/DC music. it sucks. which brings us to anticipating the continued suckfest that is the music curating for the series. ugh.

5. Beto

Beto Active Member

I wish they'd follow SYTYCD's example and ditch the orchestra for recorded music. It works SO MUCH BETTER that way!

6. alemana

alemana New Member

oh i would love live music to continue -but not sucky live.

7. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

So true! Somewhere out in the world is a band that does good covers . . . why can't DWTS find them??

8. alemana

alemana New Member

rockin live bands are hard - live music is a dying practice (much of broadway now features canned music, an abomination.) and the separate issue is copywritten music and the cost of licensing it.

i don't know, i'm no expert, but the music is so bad it's sad.

9. alemana

alemana New Member

me, i would rather have a lyric-less, sparse, but ROCKIN basic cha-cha rather than a timid lame version of a third-string marc anthony song or some smelly old AC/DC, but that's me. i'm not the target audience for the show, i realize.

10. Laura

Laura New Member

Sounds like a great idea for a new "reality" show -- the search for the country's best cover band.

Heh.

11. Beto

Beto Active Member

:shock: Wait right there, I'm placing a call to Bravo/FOX/ABC and CBS to pitch this idea for a show! ;)

12. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

Yeah! And much like SYTYCD, each group would have to demonstrate proficiency in a pre-determined variety of styles . . . say, rock, hip-hop, country, latin, pop, and metal?

They could draw the song title/artist out of one hat, and the style in which they have to perform it out of another . . .

Actually, is it just me, or could that work?

13. Laura

Laura New Member

I'd watch it for the first season at least.

14. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. :cool:

15. Beto

Beto Active Member

I'm glad Rinna's not co-hosting because I see it a possible conflict of interest or with potential for biased reporting given her husband's competing. I actually liked Samantha Harris the last time around so it's good to have her back.

16. alemana

alemana New Member

you have to look hard on the page to see the names of the pros, but no info about them (on the preview page shown in the URL above.)

incredible.

17. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

I know what you mean.

Yet the stars are likely drawing the audience, which helps bring in the advertising bucks.

I'm wondering how much of a salary the pro dancers are taking in this time?

18. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

thats one of my big gripes about the show...how secondary the pros are treated...kinda bugs me

19. Medira

Medira New Member

Let us not speak of this travesty.... *grumble*

20. Beto

Beto Active Member

Article on Tucker Carlson and the contestants on the show:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14346090/

[​IMG]

And a comment from his blog about being scared of dancing:

Dancing scares me

I like to be afraid. That’s why I enjoy working in live TV, where every day brings the potential for public self-immolation. And that’s why I agreed to compete on this season of “Dancing with the Stars.” The idea scared me. Other than the drunken hokey pokey at the occasional rehearsal dinner, I’ve never been much of a dancer.

Read the rest here:
    http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11961531/#060814b