Dancing With the Stars 3

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by iluvballroom, May 10, 2006.

1. Beto

Beto Active Member

I scrolled up and found some amusing comments on the blog about his upcoming appearance on DWTS:

Aug. 15, 2006 | 12:32 p.m. ET

Answers to your burning questions
    (Bill Wolff, Vice President of Primetime Programming for MSNBC)

MSNBC World Headquarters is abuzz beyond its normal news-obsessed hum.
    The reason: The announcement yesterday that our own Tucker Carlson will compete this fall on the popular reality-competition-entertainment show “Dancing with the Stars.” Like most people in our business, people around MSNBC watch a lot of TV (not all of it news). After the blush of excitement about Tucker’s impending turn on a primetime network reality show, most folks had lots of questions. Here are the ones we can print (along with the answers we can print).

Q: Did Tucker call the show or did the show call Tucker?

A: They called Tucker. Are you serious? Do you think he secretly pines to dance in a costume in front of millions of people? They called him.

Q: What dance is Tucker going to do?

A: I’m not at liberty to say.

Q: Is management okay with Tucker doing “Dancing with the Stars?”

A: Yes. Tucker is a great guy. Anybody who works with him every day would attest to that. “DWTS” isn’t about political perspective or disagreements about world news; it’s for fun, and it will be, we all think, a chance for a big audience to see what a good sport and charming person Tucker is. Plus, we all want to see if he can dance.

Q: Do you think Tucker can actually dance?

A: Sure. Yeah. Absolutely. Why not? I don’t know. He’s working on it.

Q: Is he excited about doing the show?

A: Which show?

Q: “Dancing with the Stars!”

A: Yes. He is some form of excited about “DWTS.” He is ALWAYS excited to do his show (every day at 4 PM and 6 PM ET on MSNBC). That’s incontrovertible fact.

Q: What’s he going to wear?

A: Nobody knows. We’re all hoping for a ruffled shirt, big nasty cuffs, and spandex in any form. What I can report without fear of contradiction is that Tucker has been issued a pair of black jazz shoes (what used to be known as Capezios). Upon seeing him with the Capezios in the office, the staff responses ranged from “Capezios?!” to “Ha!” to “Dude!! Capezios!!”

Q: How’s he getting ready?

A: This whole thing is no joke. Tucker’s working out (well, you know, learning how to dance) for hours every morning. He does his morning work on his own show with his staff in between practice sessions. It takes some serious discipline (and mental acuity) to go from learning to dance with a stranger to processing all the news in an incredibly important, extremely busy moment in the news business.

There are other questions bouncing around the building, but this is a family news Web site, and some things are better left unsaid. The one thing everyone talks about is the chance that Tucker will succeed. How will he do?

Though there is no gambling allowed at MSNBC, the unofficial commissary odds makers have Tucker as a live long shot. (Off the record, I’ve got him in a 2-dollar trifecta box with Harry Hamlin and Vivica A Fox)

2. Another Elizabeth

Another Elizabeth Active Member

Check out the comment from Willie Geist later on the page:
    Should be entertaining, I guess...

3. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

LMAO! Too funny!

4. Beto

Beto Active Member

So from that comment about being tasered, I gotta wonder: Is he this season's Kenny Mayne or might he surprise us and stick around for a few weeks? :D

5. alemana

alemana New Member

What are the Odds?

The largest sports betting site on the Internet, PinnacleSports.com is the source for betting odds on all things entertainment from hit reality series, movie openings and award shows.

Current Odds (subject to change)To Win “Dancing With The Stars”

Karina Smirnoff - Mario Lopez 3/1
    Nick Kosovich - Vivica A. Fox 4/1
    Louis Van Amstel - Monique Coleman 9/2
    Edyta Sliwinska - Joey Lawrence 6/1
    Ashly Delgrosso - Harry Hamlin 8/1
    Maxsim Chmerkovskiy - Willa Ford 9/1
    Tony Dovolani - Sara Evans 9/1
    Cheryl Burke - Emmitt Smith 14/1
    Jesse DeSoto - Shanna Moakler 20/1
    Elena Grinenko - Tucker Carlson 20/1
    Kym Johnson - Jerry Springer 49/1

6. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

How about odds for first celebrity to get the ax from the show? I'm thinking Tucker Carlson is a likely favorite, followed by Jerry Springer. Although, I'd like to see Jerry Springer stick around long enough to do a waltz or foxtrot. Put him in tails, and he might surprise us all.

7. new-ish

new-ish New Member

The finishing order is so unpredictable. I never would have thought that Kelly Monaco would have lasted more than a couple of weeks in S1.

I do think that the rehearsals and lessons are probably a show in themselves, particularly with Tucker and Jerry. I feel that Elena and Kym are taking this comp very seriously.

8. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

How so? Do you have insider info?

9. DanceScientist

DanceScientist New Member

Do these odds take into account popularity or just the celebrities' perceived abilities to dance? Popularity or notoriety is more than 50% of the score. I think Jerry Springer has a better chance than 49 to 1.

10. alemana

alemana New Member

i don't know anything about the science of betting - see the URL source of the info for more details, if you're interested.

11. arianiah

arianiah New Member

Well my guess is that the musically talented ones may have an easier time with it..I was very surprised that Sara Evans was in this..can't wait to see how she does. Plus Joey Lawrence and Emmit smith will be very entertaining to watch them with their partners.

12. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Me too! She's still on the A list in Country music; she doesn't need the exposure. She must be doing it for fun. Cool!

13. Another Elizabeth

Another Elizabeth Active Member

I have a strong suspicion that she wants to break out of the country music scene and become better known to the general public. This is a good way to do it. Also, being a "niche celebrity," she's going to have a nice built-in fanbase pulling for her.

It would be fun for them to use some of her music!

14. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Someone (a newbie) just PMed me and asked me to post this picture of Tony and Sara. Sara is looking Hot

Attached Files:

15. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Well, that wasn't what I was going for but I couldn't copy from the clip board into Firefox. Argh !

16. alemana

alemana New Member

hellooooo titties.

17. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Yeah, Hellooo !

18. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

There are some pictures floating around on the internet of some of the pros and celebrities at Paris Hilton's recent CD-release party. Some of the pics are on the "red carpet". I dunno....I am not sure if they're told to do this so they get full PR value, but I'm really not thrilled that the pros are star pimping. Especially amongst the likes of Paris Hilton....ugh....

19. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Active Member

20. new-ish

new-ish New Member