Dancing With the Stars 3

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by iluvballroom, May 10, 2006.

1. Porfirio Landeros

Porfirio Landeros New Member

Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean by number of dances, but the definition of being a pro has nothing to do with times you've danced/competed... it can be a simple as calling yourself a Pro. Examples of calling yourself a Pro could be having a website where you say that you're "professional" on it, you compete in a professional competition, you dance as the Pro in a pro-am partnership, or in the case of the TV show, you accept a job with a TV show that's based on pairing professional dancers with celebrities.

Maybe the numbers thing you're refering to is the competition point system? The point system only exists to prevent people from dancing down in lower levels that they don't belong. At any time, couples can just decide when they want to dance up at a higher level (whether that be pro or amateur), but if they place well in that higher level, the point system can prevent them from dancing down again in the future (depending on the size of the event, because there have to be enough couples there).

Maybe that example of number of dances you saw was at a non-NDCA/non-USAdance event (i.e. collegiate)? Oh, and one that that WILL keep you from dancing up is if you're registered in a lower division at a comp, because they usually only let you dance one (or two) levels higher than the lowest level you're in (for example, if you registered for Novice, you can do PreChamp, too, but you can't do Championship all at the same event).
    1 person likes this.
  2. ChaChaLicious

ChaChaLicious New Member

so i am on myspace, and louis made a bulletin that said he will definitely be on season 3... YAY... althought he wanted to say more, he wasnt allowed due to breech of contract or something...
  3. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

I thought David Oliveri(sp?) had not turned professional yet (of course I could be behind the times). And I heard that Jackie Josephs and Jesse DeSoto are going to be on there this year. However, now that we know that Jonathan and Anna, Max, Cheryl, Louis and Nick are going to be on there, is there room for more pros? I cant wait to find out!
  4. rock24

rock24 New Member

David has turned pro and will be competing with students at Capital in Washington. No pro partner yet though.
  5. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Maybe I don't remember how many they had last year, but didn't they have six female pros and six male pros? So, they would definitely need more pros if that is the case.

I wish the show aired more!!! Like I wish they had a summer season and a winter season. Maybe the summer season could deal with other dances besides Ballroom, and the winter season could deal with Ballroom dances?
  6. musicchica86

musicchica86 Active Member

Louis' most recent MySpace bulletin:

I'll keep you updated if I find out anything else!
  7. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

I can't wait to see who he got this time around! He's my favorite pro...

Who of the other pros are we not sure about (coming back for season 3)? We know Max, Louis, Jonathan, Anna, Cheryl and Nick are coming back. Do we know about anyone else?
  8. Ralph

Ralph New Member

I know Ashly DelGrosso and Edyta Sliwinska will be back too.
  9. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I'm surprised that Ashly is back after crying how her career was over if Master P lost (which we all know how that turned out). But either way, I can't wait to see my favorite pro dancing again! I bet that you can't figure out who that is lol! :p
  10. Porfirio Landeros

Porfirio Landeros New Member

Potential Spoiler...

Potential Spoiler....
    http://www.tmz.com/2006/08/07/will-joey-lawrence-be-the-next-stacy-keibler/

Will Joey Lawrence Be the Next Stacy Keibler?

With the power to make household names out of relative unknowns like Kelly Monaco and Stacy Keibler and to reignite the careers of dwindling wattage celebs like Lisa Rinna and John O'Hurley, getting cast on "Dancing with the Stars" has become the hottest ticket in Hollywood.

TMZ has learned that retired NFL running back Emmitt Smith and former child star Joey Lawrence are the latest "stars" to jump aboard the ABC groove train and will shake their moneymakers on the TV juggernaut this fall.

While ABC won't confirm the final roster, Vivica A. Fox has gone on record saying she has already been cast.

And rumors have swirled that former "Saved by the Bell" star Mario Lopez and Mr. Lisa Rinna himself, Harry Hamlin, will also be on hand to Cha Cha Cha into America's living rooms.

Check out the latest Mambo kings and queens when the new season of "Dancing with the Stars" premieres on September 12.

UPDATE:
    TMZ has just learned that Shanna Moakler from MTV's "Meet the Barkers" has been added to the lineup.
  11. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Mario Lopez has said on air that he will be participating.
  12. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

harry hamlin in tight latin pants?....sudden newfound interest in show
  13. arianiah

arianiah New Member

I don't know about you..but Marios' dimples among other attributes making me impatient for season three to start....shhhh..don't tell dear hubby..what is said in forums stays in forums.:raisebro:
  14. alemana

alemana New Member

15. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

Jesse's going to be on the show? That's awesome! Hmm...so which guy does that mean he will be replacing? Or did they add more couples this time?
  16. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

i heard they added more this time, but i'm not sure if it's true
  17. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

Good Morning America is making the official announcement about the "Stars" tomorrow morning, Monday, 8/14. I believe the show runs 7am-9am EST on ABC, of course.

It seems that we could open a Dance Forums detective agency with all the information we've already found out about the next season of DWTS. :cool:

There aren't but a few "Stars" that haven't already been named but it will be fun to find out for sure. I'm hoping I can access ABC's website from work since I won't be home in the morning to see it and access to DF is blocked. D'oh! I need a Backberry...
  18. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Well ... it's no surprise that they are waiting to release the official list of nine names, keeping us around watching of course. :roll:
  19. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Jerry Springer
  20. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Vivica A Fox