Dancing With the Stars 3

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by iluvballroom, May 10, 2006.

1. Beto

Beto Active Member

I've seen it. About a year ago and it used to be posted online on the Aussie Seven site but it appears to have been taken down.

Another article listing the pairings already announced on this thread can be seen here:
    http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=entertainment&id=4459092

Updated Info on the New Dancing Stars!

August 14, 2006 - ABC's hit show "Dancing with the Stars" returns to the airwaves this fall with a new cast, and we've just added NEW INFORMATION about the lineup.

Last year, Drew Lachey (formerly of the boy band Ninety-eight Degrees) and his partner took home the title. The season before, local native Kelly Monaco was caught in a fierce competition with former Seinfeld co-star John O'Hurley. Monaco won at the end of the regular season, but O'Hurley won a special dance-off competition.

TUCKER CARLSON -MSNBC news anchor -- and often controversial -- conservative political TV pundit and columnist. He will be partnered with professional dancer Elena Grinenko, who makes her series debut this season.

MONIQUE COLEMAN -Actress and teen idol from Disney Channel's smash hit High School Musical. She will be partnered with professional dancer Louis Van Amstel, who returns for his third season. Van Amstel danced with Lisa Rinna and Trista Sutter in previous seasons.

SARA EVANS -Country Music Award-winning and top-selling singing sensation. Sara will dance with Tony Dovolani, who partnered with Stacy Keibler in the second season.

WILLA FORD -Singing sensation and self-professed "bad girl of pop." Professional dancer Maxsim Chmerkovskiy, who teamed up with Tia Carrere last season, will be her professional dance partner.

VIVICA A. FOX -Stunning film and television actress/producer who has starred in several major blockbusters including Kill Bill and Independence Day. She will be partnered with professional dancer Nick Kosovich, who returns for his second season. He was previously paired with Tatum O'Neal.

HARRY HAMLIN -Film and TV star of the hit, award-winning drama series L.A. Law and husband of Dancing with the Stars alumna Lisa Rinna. Professional dancer Ashly Delgrosso returns to the series for her third season. She was previously paired with Master P and Joey McIntyre.

JOE LAWRENCE -Actor and former teen heartthrob. Professional dancer Edyta Sliwinska, who returns for her third season, will be his partner. She previously partnered with George Hamilton and Evander Holyfield.

MARIO LOPEZ -Actor and TV host. He will be partnered with professional dancer Karina Smirnoff, who makes her series debut.

SHANNA MOAKLER -National beauty queen, actress, model and reality television star. Professional dancer Jesse DeSoto joins the cast for the first time this season as her partner.

EMMITT SMITH -An NFL legend and three-time Super Bowl champion who holds the world's all-time leading rushing record and is considered one of the greatest football players to ever play the game. He will be partnered with Dancing with the Stars season two professional dance champion, Cheryl Burke.

JERRY SPRINGER -Notorious TV talk show host of The Jerry Springer Show, talk radio broadcaster and politician. He will be partnered with Australian beauty, professional dancer Kym Johnson, who makes her series debut this season. Kym was the champion of the Australian Dancing with the Stars.

2. alemana

alemana New Member

poor cheryl

3. Beto

Beto Active Member

Exactly what I was thinking. :( If Emmett doesn't pick up the material fast enough (and decently), I think Cheryl might be this season's Ashly Delgrosso.

4. alemana

alemana New Member

nick+vivica might be an inspired matching... we'lls ee what kind of work ethic she has. i've heard rumblings of diva-dom.

i wonder how Edyta will make out... she's had it rough two seasons in a row.

and Jerry Springer! i love that! can't wait to see his samba. lol.

5. Another Elizabeth

Another Elizabeth Active Member

I doubt that Emmett will have the bad attitude of P - people felt sorry for Ashly more because she was stuck with a jerk than because she was stuck with a bad dancer.

I think they had to hang a handicap on Cheryl this season after her incredible success last season. But she and Emmett might surprise us.

6. Beto

Beto Active Member

Didn't think about it that way but you raise a good point and possibility. Let's hope they do surprise us.

7. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Oh, I think Emmett will be as competitive as Jerry Rice was. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Jerry Rice persuaded Emmett to do the competition. Although having said that, I thought Emmett was fairly beat up when his football career ended. Maybe I have the wrong player...anyone know??

Beto - I'm gald you're on the east coast. Were you around during our last season chat sessions? I think we'll have some fun again this time around.

8. Laura

Laura New Member

I want Louis to win this time. The story arc is great: partner from hell the first time, the plucky gal who came close to fulfilling her dance dreams was next, and then finally winning in the end. It's time for a gal to win definitively anyway.

9. alemana

alemana New Member

i was thinking the same thing. considering everything, it would be the right thing to happen.

10. GalacticDancer44M

GalacticDancer44M New Member

I'm looking forward to seeing how Jerry Springer does. I've bumped into him a few times at restaraunts, but haven't talked to him.

11. Beto

Beto Active Member

Yep I'm on the east coast (work in DC, live in MD) so chances are I'll be watching the show tape delayed (if it comes on at 8pm) and trying my BEST to keep up with you all who watch it and type on here at the same time! :D

12. Laura

Laura New Member

The show is shown live on the east coast at 8pm Eastern, and tape delayed on the west coast at 8pm Pacific. Therefore, the people on the east coast see it three hours earlier than those on the west. DWTS tapes at 5pm in California.

13. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

Just as an aside, this is another reason that I'm glad I live in Ohio now.

1) Big dance events nearby.
    2) Eastern Time Zone.

Do you guys have any idea how hard it is to keep track of watching this show/discussing it here from the Mountain time zone?? ;-)

14. Laura

Laura New Member

How about me? I live here in California, and I have to wait three hours to see anything that you've seen. Last year when I went down to watch, we watched the show, and then went back to the hotel and watched it again on TV. So all those kids on American Idol do the show, and then watch it that same night when it's played back on the Pacific feed.

15. SexyMan2Cha

SexyMan2Cha New Member

16. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

Haha! At least we know he'll be willing to try! :)

17. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Sounds like a GREAT cast that should pull in LOTS of people who wouldn't normally watch a dancing show! Springer, Carlson, and Emmitt Smith have huge followings of people who would not normally be watching ballroom! I like it!

I'm very confused that some people connected Master P to Emmitt Smith rather than Jerry Rice. What in the world do Master P and Emmitt Smith have in common? From everything I've ever read, Emmitt Smith is one of the class acts of the NFL with a great work ethic. He may indeed be too beat up to dance as well as he could have a few years back, but I think we can count on him having a good attitude.

So excited for this show!!!

ChaChaMama

18. Beto

Beto Active Member

:shock: [​IMG][​IMG]
    Okay the other dancers should all just go and quit now. Clearly, Mario's dance skills give him the edge.;)

19. Beto

Beto Active Member

That was me :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Hopefully this season there won't be a "Master P" among the contestants and everyone will have strong or similar work ethics. I know nothing about Smith as I don't follow American football but I do know he's famous for his playing skills.

20. etchuck

etchuck New Member

Darn... have to upgrade to a DVR...