Dancing With the Stars All-Star Edition Coming Next Season to ABC!

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by lacubs, May 15, 2012.

1. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

I thought Emmit was really good tonight. I mean it's samba so no one on the show does a great job with it, but I have seen FAR worse than his performance tonight.

Gilles is slipping from my favorite as the show goes on. I LOVED him during his other season, but this time, he's just not doing much for me (dance wise that is, I wont comment beyond that except to say that Carrie Ann seems to agree with me about his hotness...though I'm not quite falling all over myself like she is LOL)

I enjoyed the team dance. That's about the best you could do with that song I think, definitely has a very high-school sounding vibe to it. But I thought they all performed well.

And I've never been a huge Derek fan, but I gotta say... I'm absolutely loving him and Shawn.
  2. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Emmit's samba was dreadful, but at least he looked like he was enjoying himself. A smile (and some singing along, did I see?) goes a long way.
  3. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

*volunteers to give Wannabee a complete neuro exam* hee hee

Derek is the best choerographer on the show IMO Peta is climbing rapidly in my opinion too
  4. Mr 4 styles

lol and dittoo_O
  5. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

While I remain a fan of Derek's, I think Louis is by far the best choreographer of the pros on the show. It may not always show up in the routines he does with his celebrities (a different issue), but just look at how many of the other DWTS pros used him as a coach and choreographer for their own non-DWTS dancing. Similarly, look at the pro group numbers he's choreographed. (Just my 2 cents)
    nikkitta likes this.
  6. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

At least it looked like a samba (versus the non-bolero)!
  7. Mr 4 styles

no lie two poorly executed 1/2 basics pllleeaasseee
  8. Wannabee

LOL :). I could probably use a complete neuro exam. Honestly, I think my issues with Derek over the years have had more to do with some of his partners than him. BUT, I'm happy to be wrong. He is quickly becoming one of my favs...
  9. Mr 4 styles

my wife wants to dance with him pro am if he ever leaves the show
  10. Wannabee

I'm starting to feel the same way...
  11. Mr 4 styles

lol im hopeful you and my wife are not in the same age division LOL
    Wannabee likes this.
  12. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

The problem with the male stars and their pro female partners is that the guys are doing simple steps and their pro female partners are all over the place doing multiple spins, dips and high leg lifts and as a couple they look good.Kelly pulled off several spins in a row... no male star has done that. However.. I agree... no more samba by anyone... until they clean it up and make it right!
  13. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

O. M. G. That was a smokin' mess. That has got to wind up on Youtube somewhere!
  14. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I really hate samba on this show. The last couple of nights of dancing has really emphasized that for me. I think it was another board I read where someone noted that Emmitt doesn't have hip action, he has hip gyrations. That was so on point, not just for him, but in general. Not that it's surprising that the stars don't get actual samba technique down in a matter of days, but their attempts to fake it (and that people think that that's doing it right!) annoy me.

Also, while the Team Gangnam Style dance was a hot, vulgar mess, I have to say that Peta looked really good in dark hair. (and towels)
  15. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

DWTS or not, men do not usually do that.
  16. ajiboyet

Just saw Val and Kelly's dance. Apart from the shadow reverse rolls, which I thought were great, I hated it. Too much sex, too little dancing.
  17. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

I've seen male pros do free spins in open routines a lot.
  18. Mr 4 styles

i think you mean amateur men
  19. ajiboyet

Forgive how I wrote it. I meant it would be weird for men to do spins under a lady's arm, like Kelly.
  20. Wannabee

I really liked Shawn's rumba. I'm not sure why Len decided her rumba lacked proper hip action while praising Apolo for his...ummm...errrr...ok.

Team dance... WTH?? lol. But it looked like they were having fun.
    canismajor41 likes this.