Dancing With the Stars All-Star Edition Coming Next Season to ABC!

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by lacubs, May 15, 2012.

1. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

yes i agree well maybe in carolina shag

2. Mr 4 styles

there was no way to choreo a proper formation to gangnam style without just ripping off the video totally

3. kckc

kckc Active Member

yeah, team dance, well what can you say. I thought is was hysterically funny for some reason. I doubt there is much you can do with that song except make it ridiculous.

While I enjoyed the "rumba", I totally missed any actual "rumba" moves in it, not that I am any great expert on international rumba. While I understand what Len was getting at , the inconsistency is irritating.

4. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

Last night when they announced that next week would be country western week I thought I heard a big groan out there in DF Land.
    True or False?

chachachacat likes this.
  5. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

They're going to be dancing ballroom dances to it, so I have no particular objection to it, personally. Not that there's anything wrong with country dances, of course. It's just that it's ballroom that I watch the show for. (And I can't help but suspect that when they do things like country two-step on the show, their efforts have to be somewhat painful for actual country dancers to watch.)

I do tend to think that Halloween would have been the more theme though, giving up on the idea that they could possibly just forego theme weeks.

6. Mr 4 styles

this could be great.......or bad

7. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

If only....sigh.

kckc likes this.
  8. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

I thought the team dances were entertaining... but I think the show is trending away from ballroom....

9. Mr 4 styles

so long as its partner dancing im okay

ballroom american and intl

country

AT, hustle, WCS...... im good

not bollywood or contemporary tho

10. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Here are Toni Redpath's commentaries, as posted on her public FB business page (i.e. I am not pulling these off her personal page and passing them along without checking with her first):

11. Mr 4 styles

wow i need to follow toni on twitter LOL

12. electricblue

electricblue New Member

I wish the show would invite and feature more professional dancers from time to time. A showdance at least on the result shows.

chachachacat likes this.
  13. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

I agree. It would be great to show the general viewing audience what top pros doing real ballroom actually look like!

14. Mr 4 styles

ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. frotes

frotes Member

So true. I loved the jive that Yulia and Riccardo did on the show

chachachacat and ajiboyet like this.
  16. Mr 4 styles

that was fantastic we need more of that

17. kckc

kckc Active Member

does anyone remember the first few seasons? They used to have the pros give a short demo of each dance as it came up and a short explanation of the moves that were characteristic of the dance. I wish they would do that again. It couldn't hurt.

18. Mr 4 styles

agree might lure new fans to the show as well

19. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

20. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

GROAN