Dancing With the Stars All-Star Edition Coming Next Season to ABC!

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by lacubs, May 15, 2012.

1. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

they arent ive asked kym and karina in person they have slowly developed these liberties as Lens tolerance has allowed lOL

season 1 ashley del grosso tells len 'its an open american foxtrot" with her star LMMAOO kaboooommmmmmm the hammer fell
  2. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Well, to be entirely fair to Len, when DWTS first started he'd had minimal exposure to or experience with American Smooth. As such, any dancing out of frame was more a show number than a proper ballroom dance. As DWTS has continued from season to season he can only have become that much more familiar -- and hence more comfortable and accepting -- with the style.
  3. Griffico

Griffico Member

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/dances

Finally found a moment to dig these up. You'll have to take my word for it that these descriptions have been up for quite some time.

They don't specifically mention it in Viennese Waltz, but I guess when do you see even international couples stay in hold for a show VW anyway?
  4. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Not to mention there's no such thing as Americal Style Quickstep.
    chachachacat likes this.
  5. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Terpsichorean Clod likes this.
  6. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

7. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

That was absurd.
  8. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I only saw the bottom two (though not necessarily the bottom two) and....really?

Though since I haven't voted for anyone at all this season, I really don't have any grounds for complaint.
  9. nikkitta

I was really hoping for a lovely VWaltz during Jason Mraz's song; maybe with Anna and Jonathan. Instead we got that spastic writhing flexed-foot body-flinging sequence. Bummer.
    frotes likes this.
  10. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Immediately followed by:
    and:
    Goodness people, it's not like mindputtee posted a video of something truly disturbing, like American Paso or American Samba! Give the smooth quicksteppers a break!!

About what y'all were really responding to: Y'all really still watch this stuff? Health tip: You can drop a good 10 points off your blood pressure if you avoid reality tv dancing shows. You can not only add years to your life, but to your tv's life as well, because it won't be in constant danger of something being thrown at it. :)
  11. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

I agree with you totally...that was very disappointing for me too.
  12. frotes

frotes Member

Ditto. I was hoping for a spectacular, graceful v. waltz :(
  13. Mr 4 styles

lol not a fan of contemporary i see

me too funny i hoped for anna and jonathan also
  14. Mr 4 styles

agree we need five dances in smooth for parity in american 9 soon to be ten dance:)
  15. nikkitta

Yes, the :mad: was for the elimination last night, not for American Quickstep. I don't have a problem with it.

But yes, I have seen American Paso, and it ain't pretty.
  16. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Not to derail this thread completely, but peabody is out there... I'm still not sure how I feel about that though.

Haha I hadn't seen the elimination yet and at first thought that's what it was as well. I agree though, I want Kirstie to go, I'm tired of her whining.
  17. Mr 4 styles

lol okayyyyyyyyy id rather have an american quickstep why not we americanized everything else LOL

no need for american paso already 5 rhythm dances thanks
  18. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Alas, it might be too soon for that, particularly given the song in question.

:(
  19. Mr 4 styles

agree JudeMorrigan

just love their dancing:(
  20. frotes

frotes Member

Omg yes! Alas...