Dancing With the Stars All-Star Edition Coming Next Season to ABC!

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by lacubs, May 15, 2012.

1. canismajor41

canismajor41 Active Member

I know....everytime I see a pro come out on stage barefoot, I wince.

Griffico likes this.
  2. juwest333

juwest333 Active Member

Watched DWTS for the very first time Monday Night. I thought Apolo & Karina's routine was amazing!

Griffico likes this.
  3. Leon Theou

Leon Theou Active Member

Even if the routine was not perfect, "Why You Wanna" is on my list of songs that I want to hear on the competition floor, so I am really happy about that.

Other fun moments in "Len Gets Exposed to Smooth": Season 2, Week 1 - Tony, after being criticized for his waltz with Stacy Kiebler, goes up to the skybox and says "apparently, Len is not familiar with the difference between the American style and the International style." You also get the several wonderful occasions where Bruno has interrupted Len's criticism by whining "It's American SMOOOOTH!".

4. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

exactly Leon Theou!!!

5. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

All the judges seem to have a different view of ballroom. Bruno seems to purely value how sexy the dance is.. if it is sexy, he is happy, Carrie Ann seems to reward enthusiasm and performance over technique, Len at least does evaluate technique and authenticity to the ballroom dance and actually does not seem to like all the "flash and trash".

6. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

re: Smooth Quickstep. Um......no.

7. Mr 4 styles

gotta have five smooth dances to create parity in the 9 soon to be 10 dance american championship

8. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Better that than Peabody.

9. Mr 4 styles

heck to the yyeahhhhhhh

10. davedove

davedove Active Member

I don't know about anyone else, but on last night's show I found myself waiting for the next "dancing campaign ad". I thought they were great. "I'm Kirstie Alley and I approve this message."

11. Mr 4 styles

ditto

loved the "actors not athletes" one too

12. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

gile's frame is so much better than apollo's ...and I am going to be totally po-ed if he marks lower

13. fascination

stupid carrie ann...glad Len is looking at her like she's insane....stupid carrie ann

danceronice likes this.
  14. danceronice

DWTS music producers: Just putting them in a quasi-military costume does make a song about ODing ("Arms of the Angel") or "Hallelujah" appropriate musical choices to salute the military. And not only is "Danger Zone" a bizarre choice for a quickstep, your singers should probably learn the lyrics before doing a live show.

15. fascination

okay...look...that derek shawn thing was very cool...BUT, not much samba there...and how carrie ann could say that the samba that was there was executed perfectly, I will never grasp....see my previous posts on carrie ann...even though I do like derek and shawn and love to watch what they do

16. danceronice

Tom said it--more Simba than Samba.

Also, please tell me Bruno did not just use the words "jungle fever." The costumes are already borderline....

GOOD FOR YOU, LEN.

17. fascination

zomg...someone get Peta off stage before she shares more than she should...holy smokes that thing was hanging low...I was terrified for her

18. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Three 10s for Emmit ? Crazy !

19. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Messed up scoring, as usual o_O
    Granted, Emmit doesn't do it for me anyway (*yawn*), but that trio was not worthy of 10s. Nor were Melissa's dances. Her topline irks me. It was too squishy in QS, and not proper in Paso. Thought Kelly's legs in Jive were not quite up to par.

Funny that Len penalized for "not enough Samba", but there was plenty of "filler" in the other routines (some of which got 10s). So :confused:

It is what it is.

20. The scoring was really off tonight!

Three 10's for Emmit's salsa? You must be kidding. If they had not announced it as salsa, I would not have guessed that this was supposed to be salsa.

Emmit was off the music, the music had nothing to do with salsa and the girls' costumes were more for a parade than for a hot salsa venue. I would have given them an 8.

And Carrie Anne gets on my nerves constantly picking on Gilles and finding fault with him but overlooking others' faults.

I really enjoyed Gilles' salsa (do I ever enjoy salsa on this show?). Was it authentic salsa? Not really. But it was pretty good for DWTS standards, I thought. He was lucky he had real salsa music. And Peta and Chelsea were hot salseras!

Although Shawn's trio dance had very little samba in it, I liked it and thought it was very well danced. Len was right but he was too harsh with his score, especially considering some other scores (e.g. Emmit's 10)!

Overall, IMO the level of dancing is really high this season and I enjoy the show.