Dancing With the Stars All-Star Edition Coming Next Season to ABC!

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by lacubs, May 15, 2012.

1. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Watched Extra last night...Bruno was on...he asked Mario Lopez to be in the All Stars season...unfortunately, I didn't catch what Mario's response was...
  2. davedove

davedove Active Member

I noticed on the show last night that they were picking past contestants out of the audience with the camera. I saw John Hurley, Donny Osmond, Jane Seymour, and I think it was Emmit Smith. Possible contestants for next season? I would love to see John Hurley again. He did a good job in Season 1 and was just a natural performer, a lot of fun to watch.
  3. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Well, they just said champions when talking about it on the finale tonight, so sounds like past winners are fair game.
  4. Another Elizabeth

Another Elizabeth Active Member

I would love to see John Hurley again, too, although I suspect that the standard has improved quite a lot since his season. I'd also be surprised if they succeeded in bringing Charlotte back.
  5. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Maybe a twist could be that the former stars are paired with a pro different from the one they were originally paired with.
  6. bia

bia Well-Known Member

I'm worried about the casting now -- they said something about "unique characters" or some such. Please let them only bring back credible dancers!!
  7. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

I'm with you bia. They showed a clip of Cloris Leachman and said "even some fan favorites" or something similar. If they bring her or the likes of her back, I'll be sick.
  8. davedove

davedove Active Member

What Tom said was "controversial" contestants. Please, please, please, nobody with a "cause"!!!!
  9. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Member

Not sure what they consider 'controversial', but the slightly queasy feeling I'm getting towards the All-Star season is deepening.....
  10. Griffico

Griffico Member

Official DWTS@DancingABCDance alert! The new cast of Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars will be announced on Friday, July 27! Are you ready for this?! #DWTS

:)
  11. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

That would be PRICELESS!!!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
  12. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

Copied from an online source. Is there anything official yet? If this is the list, which pros are they with etc.?

Season 2 winner Drew Lachey and season nine winner Donny Osmond will return to attempt to reclaim their title, while second place finalists Mel B, Mario Lopez, Joey Fatone, Kyle Massey and Gilles Marini will give it one more shot for glory.
    And of course (because no network show is fully equipped without the seX-factor) DWTS has invited back Pamela Anderson, Maria Menousnos, and Stacy Keibler to provide the T&A!
  13. ajiboyet

Nothing has been confirmed yet.
  14. Leon Theou

Leon Theou Active Member

The cast has been officially announced:
    Apolo Ohno
    Bristol Palin
    Drew Lachey
    Emmit Smith
    Gilles Marini
    Helio Castroneves
    Joey Fatone
    Kelly Monaco
    Kirstie Alley
    Melissa Rycroft
    Pamela Anderson

The final spot is going to be voted on by the fans. The three candidates are Kyle Massey, Carson Kressley, and Sabrina Bryan.
  15. ajiboyet

Pamela Anderson...alas! I'm sorry, but which of "Past-Winners" and "Fan-Favorites" does she fall under?

And, Sabrina Bryan is going to be the final star.
  16. kckc

kckc Active Member

Kelly Monaco? Shoot me now.

ETA: That goes X1 bajillion for Bristol Palin.
  17. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Agree!

But most of them are pretty cool.
    <3 Gilles!!<3

Somebody PLEASE get me tickets!
  18. lacubs

lacubs Member

i hope your right about Sabrina Bryan, but why then didn't she last longer then she did? i have a feeling that Kyle Massey will win
  19. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I cannot believe anyone out there was even wondering "I wonder what Kelly Monaco is up to", let alone wanted to see her again...

Also, why she or Pam Anderson is on there while Sabrina has to compete for a spot with the equally-deserving Kyle Massey boggles my mind.
  20. Aura

Aura Active Member

Agreed. But, I guess they have to keep ratings up somehow...