Dancing With the Stars All-Star Edition Coming Next Season to ABC!

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by lacubs, May 15, 2012.

1. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

I know the celebrities don't start to work with their professional DWTS partners until a few weeks before the show, but I wonder if they are starting to work now with other dance pros on some ballroom/latin/dance basics? I have always been dubious about the ability of some of the stars to "catch on" to dance so quickly....
  2. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

I'm seriously tempted to begin to predict who goes home first.
  3. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

Oh, Drew!! <3 <3 <3
  4. Another Elizabeth

Another Elizabeth Active Member

Did they announce dance partners? There are some duplicates here, so not everyone will be able to dance with the same partners they did the first time around. Will they mix them all up, or will some be returning with "familiar" partners and some with new ones, or what?
  5. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

i hope they are not allowed to dance with their previous partners
  6. ajiboyet

I hope it works like this:

Stars who aren't the only stars in this season's cast that have partnered their previous pros don't get their previous pros. For example, neither of Helio and Apolo get Julianne, and none of Emmitt, Gilles and Drew get Cheryl.

But Bristol can keep Mark, and Melissa can keep Tony (pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease).
  7. ajiboyet

I think people are sufficiently guilt-ridden about Sabrina Bryan. Plus she's been showing up now and then on the show. Kyle Massey got what he deserved on the show. Sabrina didn't. I think the guilt will kick in...I hope...
  8. New in NY

New in NY New Member

Sabrina and Kyle are featured dancers in several of the routines in the Vegas show.
  9. davedove

davedove Active Member

My theory is that since both Sabrina and Kyle were the "Disney Kids", then they don't want them both on the same show.:p
  10. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Celebrity pairings for all star season were announced.
  11. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

As was Carson. He was there for the initially scheduled run (just didn't stay on for the extension).
  12. sofi

sofi New Member

I thought the theme for the season was All-Star. What's Bristol Palin doing on the cast list? Am I mis-reading something?
  13. ajiboyet

Gilles and Peta.

I don't know why, but I'm just not a fan of her's. And Gilles is probably my favorite celebrity from all seasons.

But the pairings are exciting; there's going to be some damage done on the dance floor this season.
  14. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

On paper at least, it looks like the producers REALLY want Derek to go out with another win.
  15. ajiboyet

Derek and Shawn? I don't think so.
  16. davedove

davedove Active Member

I would love to see Tony pull a win out of this. He has a good partner with Melissa and I think he's due. Of course, it all boils down to fan base, so we'll see.
  17. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Really? Who do you have favored above them? Gilles and Peta look like the #2 couple to me, but she already beat him once, and trading in Mark for the Golden Boy should be an overall positive for her.
  18. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Shawn is with Derek Hough.

And there is already a thread in the Dancing on TV folder (subfolder of Ballroom.)
  19. bia

bia Active Member

The announcement I saw had Shawn with Derek. That should be a strong pair. I'm also interested to see Apolo and Karina.
  20. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

Can I just say that I'm really excited to see Gilles and Peta? I think they would get my vote for best looking DWTS couple ever.

As to who may win, not sure. I would LOVE to see Tony and Melissa win the whole thing, but likely not going to happen. I agree with Jude in that Shawn and Derek have to be among the favorites, as well as Kirstie and Maks and Gilles and Peta (he will have a huge fan base).