Dancing With the Stars All-Star Edition Coming Next Season to ABC!

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by lacubs, May 15, 2012.

1. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Honestly, except for Kirstie and Bristol (now that Pam's gone), who's really got much room for "growth" this season, though? They're SUPPOSED to already have some idea what they're doing. Maybe Kelly just because she only had six weeks and didn't learn some dances on her season, but overall, they're not supposed to be at the starting-from-scratch point.

2. Griffico

Griffico Member

There's always room for growth :)

wedance12 and debmc like this.
  3. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Yeah, if they can be bothered to try. It may well be selective editing, but Bristol seems satisfied with mediocre dancing. She would be absolutely destroyed after one session with someone like Maks. He would not baby her. She comes across as rather needy, the kind of person who would constantly post whines on Facebook just to get sympathy and praise. Irksome. Frankly anyone (not just Bristol) who claims "Well, I thought my performance was great" after being told otherwise and then doesn't attempt to examine their weaknesses and try to improve, doesn't deserve to stay. As many of them have already stated, this is the ALL STARS. Being good isn't good enough this time.

Really hope the results tonight don't make me want scream.

4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yea....gotta say, that little emo moment would have been something that wouldn't have garnered such a warm fuzzy response in the real dance world I am afraid

5. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Agreed!

6. fascination

okay...just had a chance to see the parts of dwts from yesterday....wth....technique for melissa and tony was great????? are you serious????? omg...horse pucky...

for me Karina and Apollo were better ( I adored their choreo, and ya'll know I am no fan of FT) and derek and shawn were certainly impressive

danceronice likes this.
  7. fascination

I won't even tell you what my pro says if I come in whining...because I wouldn't want people to mis-judge him...but yea, tell it to the hand :)...and I love that about him...he simply will not have it...bad day? go over there and do "X" perfectly 1000 times at speed.... :)

8. danceronice

OTOH...if Mark didn't show up for something, how much sympathy would THAT have gotten? It's really not that hard to tell when you're not high on the priority list.

So far I'm 50%--I'm figuring Drew and Bristol for the double elimination and Drew's already gone. Though I wouldn't be sorry to lose Helio, either. Glad Kirstie's safe!

Contemporary? I have to sit through hair-flipping and rolling on the floor on this show, too? Bollywood could be fun, though. (I *liked* Derek's Bollywood samba. But I like Bollywood musicals, so I may be the wrong person to ask.)

9. danceronice

Okay, I was only half right. Thank goodness, though, if Sabrina were gone again I would be MAD.

10. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Should have been Bristol or Kirstie.

chachachacat likes this.
  11. fascination

hard to say what that was about with Mark ...editing really didn't help with that...but, if it was not a habit, I would imagine that most people would be flexible about an isolated tardy...I really got the sense that the issue for Bristol was more about how she felt about the previous week...at any rate, Drew certainly didn't impress me so I was fine seeing him go...haven't seen enough previous episodes to have an opinion about Helio, though he seemed, other than the dress issue, to have better skill than Bristol...and given how stricken Len looked, it seems as though he agreed

12. fascination

Kirstie is slow and the weight probably doesn't help...I say that as a big girl, but her legs looked pretty good in terms of latin technique...that being said, yes, I think her days are rightfully numbered as are Bristol's...and, in both cases (IMO), their following is buying them both time...still, within her constraints, I thought Kirstie showed better leg action and technique in her routine than Melissa did in that samba...at least from where I was sitting...amazing what you can get away with when you have a banging body

13. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I thought the samba was (Dare I say it?) lame, and I was shocked when the judges were so wowed. Seriously. Clean up your legs, sista!

14. fascination

right...no 3/4 1/4 timing...no rise from the foot on that...could drive a bus through her knees....just a wet hot mess...

oh...and...gotta say, I thought the pros totally played nice in giving the fellow pros their mystery dance for next week...until it was no longer avoidable...which I thought was kinda cool (though I doubt most people would have even known it)

15. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

16. Griffico

Griffico Member

I'm going to be on the road for next week, and I'm not sure I'm all that bummed about missing it. I'm really not a SYTYCD fan, and that's all I could think of when I saw the dance list.

Fasc, I agree with you on them being nice to each other. I thought it was kinda nice, especially with Brooke goading them to use "strategy." Kind of amused when you could hear Apolo say, "What the hell is the jitterbug?"

17. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I agree with you IndyLady; I don't know how Bristol keeps sneaking through. I was disappointed to see Helio go, but I agree that has dancing has not been as crisp as it was when he won the championship. I suppose that could be lack of practice time -- he was in the Indycar championship hunt until the last race this year, and he couldn't take time to practice because they were testing between races.

18. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

Must give my 2 cents...

Gilles is nowhere near as fun to watch as he was last time. I love watching him dance, but ONLY his dancing - he is so desperate to win it has sapped him of any appeal he had, IMHO. I feel like he's going to make himself crack. And there is no need, because he is amazing!

The biggest thing is Palin. I hate to sound like a suffering artist, but I haven't been able to dance in over a year. The biggest reason I don't want to ever see her on this show is because she has who is essentially the crown prince of ballroom dance for a teacher, all to herself, for however long this lasts. And she doesn't care at all. There is nothing that repulses me more than someone who gets such an opportunity to dance and doesn't relish in it, God knows I would kill for ONE lesson, let alone with a teacher who is at Ballas' level.

Derek and Shawn...I have always been a Derek fan (he's actually why I got into dance), and I do agree he and Shawn are getting a little crazy with choreo, but I think he's trying to make the dances unique to her - young, fresh, and very, very athletic.

Karina and Apolo...Karina is my idol and I was hoping she'd be paired with Gilles, but I'm digging the pairing with Apolo. Because he's talented and funny and even though Karina's probably kicking his knat, he still remembers to have fun - his zingers kind of remind me of JR in s13. And I was stunned by his vision for this foxtrot - beautiful. It seemed to me the most different out of all the others.

And is it just me, or does Karina quite often design herself a costume that looks SO ugly on first glance, but then when she dances in it, it moves so beautifully it's almost the eighth wonder of the world? Remember that weird Pink Panther FT gown?

19. fascination

karina is gorgeous in everything...period

nikkitta likes this.
  20. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

WHERE IS WOLFGANG?

IndyLady likes this.