Dancing with the Stars Season 13 Fall Cast

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Beto, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Beto

Beto Active Member

2. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

OMG!!! awesome!!
  3. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

That's the first and only place I've seen call this cast "awesome." At FSU most of us have been going "oh my god. This is gonna stink." Though the rumor mill is that Hope's partner is Maks, so there is at least hope he will FINALLY get the mirror ball. (And of course, the perverse hope that Derek gets stuck with someone like Nancy, but of course he'll probably get the model.)

I'm actually anxiously waiting to see if the pro-cast spoiler list I saw is correct and Tristan and Peta (from the "DWTS Troupe") are now part of the competitive cast.
  4. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

well, i referring to the part about Hope Solo being in the cast. I'm a big fan. lol
  5. danceronice

Rumor mill is very strongly pairing her with Maks--if so, Hope ftw! (Athletes are usually pretty good at this sort of thing anyway.)
  6. sudoplatov

sudoplatov Member

I actually have heard of two of the people in the cast. Of course, one was a girl when I heard of him.
  7. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

So I thought they were going to stop going D list and lower? When they were told to go for A List did they take it as "a list"??
  8. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Meh. Sounds like DWTS has moved past the mature product phase and is in final decline.
  9. Griffico

Griffico Member

Per PureDWTS via Good Morning America, reportedly.

Hope/Maks
    Ricki/Derek
    Kristin/Mark
    Chynna/Tony
    Elizabetta/Val
    Nancy/Tristan
    David A/Kym
    Rob/Cheryl
    JR Martinez/Karina
    Carson/Anna
    Chaz/Lacey
    Ron/Peta
  10. Griffico

Griffico Member

I disagree... it's a show that's got fresh tabloid fodder every 6 months. As long as they keep switching things up, people will watch.

On a personal level, I keep watching because there's always an unknown that surprises me and hooks me in. I love when somebody has a routine and you just go, "That's it! That's what I want to see! That actually looked like a paso/waltz/foxtrot/etc. (!)"
  11. danceronice

I watch it because I like the pros. Most of the "stars" could get run over by a truck in the studio parking lot and it wouldn't really matter one way or another to me. Once in a while they get someone good and the professional dancers are always fun to watch. And unlike SYTYCD I don't have to sit through much non-ballroom stuff. (Plus no matter how annoying Bruno is, all the SYTYCD judges are much, much worse. Bruno at least just has his predictable schtick.)
  12. jjs914

jjs914 Active Member

I actually don't watch anymore...I just read all your informative comments here. Therefore, I am up to date on all the drama, but don't sit through all the fluff and don't have to listen to the judges!

:p
  13. Griffico

Griffico Member

I guess I take for granted that I watch it for this, too... I'm happy that the pros are finding a way to make some money in ballroom dance and get some exposure to the sport. Riccardo, Yulia, Arunas and Katusha last year on the show was a real treat as well.

(Also, agreed on SYTYCD...)
  14. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

This.
  15. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

I love this show. It is far far from perfect, and I will admit I hit the ff button on my TIVO more frequently in recent seasons than I have in the past. But I will always watch this show because it is what inspired me to take dance lessons. I had never danced a step in my life but thought, if he/she can do it and not be perfect, so can I.

That was 2 years, 2 showcases, and one ballroom competition ago (where I actually placed in several of my dances). I can't imagine what I did with my life before I started ballroom dance. And I don't want to imagine what I would do now without it.

So through thick or thin, I am a fan of DWTS for the duration...
  16. Beto

Beto Active Member

It amazes me how much hate there is on this forum for SYTYCD and non-ballroom styles. Then again, 90% of you or more are pure ballroom dancers, and this is a ballroom-centric site, so I guess that's to be expected.

I'm watching for Hope Solo and Maksim. That's it. I'll FF through the rest.
  17. Griffico

Griffico Member

Why? You never know who might surprise on the first night.
  18. Beto

Beto Active Member

Right now Hope Solo, and Maksim, are the only couple I care about on the show. And of course I care more about the dance pros then I do the people that they're paired up with. Reality show "stars" don't interest me and if memory serves me correctly they never have in past seasons of the show. It pains me to this day how some of these people got famous in the first place and I feel as though they shouldn't be getting more exposure. I will keep an open mind for some of the other contestants for the reason you mentioned.
  19. danceronice

When SYTYCD gets in real ballet dancers doing real ballet, and less street stuff and "contemporary/lyrical/modern/whatever made-up hair-whipping they're calling it this time", call me. And less annoying judges. The 'ballroom' judge is the most annoying (the screams need to stop. It's rarely THAT good. At least Carrie Anne cries quietly.) How anyone can take half the routines seriously (the flowers in heaven thing was a laugh riot) I do not know.
  20. Beto

Beto Active Member

I'll take Mary over Carrie Ann and Bruno any day. She at least knows more about the dances than those two do. Contemporary and lyrical aren't your thing so I get that. If DwtS would just add one more permanent ballroom judge, and get rid of CA or Bruno, I'd be happier. For now I'll watch but with clenched teeth and my finger on the TiVo's FF button.