Dancing with the Stars Season 13 Fall Cast

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Beto, Aug 30, 2011.

1. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Oh, good, I'm not crazy, it was just a bodysuit to start....
  2. sounddguy

sounddguy New Member

It would be interesting to see how Hope would have done paired with
    say Derek or Tristan.
  3. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

sorry, but I don't know what "P.C Doll" means...

Why was Maks in such a bad mood every time the camera was on him? He looked like a teen-age boy just asking for a chance to explode at someone...

4. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

ratings? Whatever it is, it did not give him the right to push her like that. I was shocked!
  5. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

OK I haven't seen this season at all and have only really seen snippets of seasons past so I have no real basis for judgement, but did Kym Johnson get plastic surgery recently? In the video her facial features look a little different... like she might have gotten a nose job or some other work done. I don't know.. I never noticed it before. Maybe it is just me?
  6. danceronice

P*ss*ycat Doll. I can't write it out because the board filter censors the first word. IOW, Nicole, winner two seasons back or so. Carrie Anne criticized a routine this season (IIRC, Hope's) as looking too P****** Doll. Really, at THAT point, Maks would really have been entitled to say "And since when is that a bad thing?"
  7. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

wow. David should NOT have gone home. it should have been Hope. Then Nancy.

i have to say, even though i am normally annoyed with derek getting the ring leaders.... watching the video footage of what went down during the team paso dance... kinda made me have a new found crush on Derek :) the way he swooped in after Maks left Hope awkwardly standing there embarrassed... and patiently taught her what she needed to know and encouraged her... that was soooo hot. I melted. <3
  8. Wannabee

Wannabee Active Member

This.... Me too :ladiesma:

I was sorry to see David go home. I enjoyed watching his segments and seeing him dance. I find it uncomfortable most of the time to watch Hope and Nancy dance. And I'm starting to feel bad for Hope. Maks seems even more hostile than usual with her. Maybe because he thinks she'll be able to take it? If memory serves, he also made Misty May-Treynor cry too before she got injured and had to quit the show. These are both tough women, who are definitely used to being criticized and talked at by coaches, trainers, etc. but somehow Maks manages to make them both upset with his coaching style? I think he needs to reel it in a little. IMO, when your coaching is able to make olympic world-class athletes cry, I don't think it's all the lack of mental toughness of the athlete.
  9. danceronice

I'm totally fine with Nancy staying (there's always one 'improved/least likely')--she and David should have stayed over Hope or highly-overrated k-Rob. (I'm guessing that the Kardashians have blackmail photos of the producers on all the major TV networks. That's the only explanation at this point for their ubiquity.)

I felt awful for Hope in the confession-booth footage where she was clearly desperate for even a well-done of SOME kind. Really, the judges shouldn't have to sugar-coat everything, but your own teacher should be able to come up with SOMETHING positive to say right after you dance. Instead of trying to 'have her back' by picking a fight with the judges, Maks, stop treating her like a pro partner and treat her like a student who's taken some big ego blows on here and could use some positive reinforcement from her teacher.

Has Mr. "I've Coached World Champions" ever actually done much teaching adult beginners? Especially one on one?

I don't know what Derek would do with a genuinely non-competent student as he's never really had one, so maybe he'd be climbing the walls in frustration, too (though somehow I'm not seeing that--I may find his Producer Favorite status annoying but he seems quite laid-back all round.) But he certainly is behaving more like a gentleman than Maks in this case. So was k-Rob as far as Team Paso went.
  10. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

I agree with the last few posts. It seems many are on the same page. It borderlines abusive.
  11. Griffico

Griffico Member

I'm bummed David had to go, but I guess if I didn't vote for him then I can't complain :(
  12. AStarDanced27

AStarDanced27 New Member

I loved Team Paso's costumes - seriously thinking about trying to track down Cheryl's on the Randall Designs site eventually.

Nancy needs to go home, although the terrible jive music wasn't her fault. Hope was definitely flirting when she was with Teddy, which was almost nice to see - the giggly, girlier side of her. But I don't know why the judges thought her samba was much improved - really?

I pick JR, Ricki, and Rob for the final. He has improved a lot, and I did enjoy his tango, although JR and Ricki are still out of his league.
  13. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

This. I really like Rob, and i think he is a lot better than Nancy. Although Hope is def the worst.
  14. danceronice

I would have called David a better shot for the final on ability (I don't see any real improvement or anything, really, as good as his foxtrot on Rob's part--at least he's a nice guy and hasn't had remotely as much work done, if any, as the rest of his family). Of those left, for Tristan's sake I want Nancy, though I think as far as he's gotten he SHOULD be a lock, if he wants, for next season.

It's pretty clear the PRODUCERS have chosen Ricki, JR, and Rob, with MAYBE a wild card for Hope for the DRAMA!!!11eleventy. I'm just hoping the vote for JR is so overwhelming that they realize what a massive backlash there'll be if he doesn't win. I know a few people who've quit watching after David was eliminated instead of Hope after wanting her gone for two weeks.
  15. Leon Theou

Leon Theou Active Member

You hit the nail on the head, DOI. Maks is a great dancer and a great coach, but he needs to stop being a coach and start being a teacher.

Derek's greatest strength, I think, is that he can accurately judge what his partners are capable of. He might get a little frustrated, but he would probably not go for as difficult routines if his partner was less competent (though they would still be outside of what the celeb in question thought they were capable of). I also think that his stepping in to help Hope with the paso was exactly what Hope needs. Someone who can break down what she needs to do instead of just that she is doing something wrong.
  16. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

What on EARTH does Rob having "work done" have to do with whether he deserves to stay on DWTS or not? :roll: Please... We get that you don't care for him. He doesn't have the personality of David or the abilities of JR, but I think he's holding his own.

I definitely said "Oh *badword*" when David was eliminated over Nancy. I do give Nancy credit for achieving what she has so far, however it irks me to no end when celebs believe they danced well when they clearly did not. She blew that Jive, and she has delusions about her abilities. Stick her with a leader who doesn't drag her around, and she probably wouldn't know what to do. However, she has done a lot better than I had anticipated.

Maks and Hope seemed all huggy-snuggly last night. Maybe he apologized privately after Monday's show. His treatment of her was, as many have mentioned, disturbing. He's got to find a better way of venting his frustrations besides manhandling his partner. Sadly, it's evident that Hope doesn't have the natural ability to move like a dancer nor the acting skills to fake her way through a performance. Even a complete attitude change on both her and Maks' parts and endless rehearsals won't take her much farther :neutral:
  17. duffypratt

duffypratt Member

I take everything they show offstage with a grain of salt. All you are seeing is what the producers want you to see, and the producers are telling a story. In this story, Maks is the bad guy, and they are playing it up. The stuff we are seeing might be genuine. It might be genuine, but highly selected, leaving out some of the context. It might be basically genuine, but then rehearsed to play it up. And it might simply be faked. All of the above happen in reality shows all the time.
  18. danceronice

From what I have heard from those who knew Maks when...I don't think they really need to fake it. None of the people I know who "knew him when" seem to think this is any way out of character for him. I don't think he's good at teaching beginners, he doesn't like when judging doesn't go his way, and he's horrible at hiding his feelings. Hope (from what someone at FSU who is big into soccer; I don't follow it so I only know who Hope is because of this) said has gotten in trouble for mouthing off to officials and also has a temper. She might be better off with, as Leon says, someone like Derek who's more likely to play to his partner's strengths make those look good rather than someone who seems determined to do the hardest stuff they can get through and try to win that way--points for difficulty instead of execution. Also with someone a little more laid back or who's at least better at letting her frustration roll off him.

When Maks gets someone who's very mentally tough and can roll with the punches (insert your own Laila Ali joke here) and who can take harsh critcism without taking it personally (ie, traits a good competitive dance partner would have) he does well. He doesn't seem to get that while Hope's athletic, she's clearly not especially gifted and dance and that seems to frustrate her. More carrot, less stick is called for.
  19. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

I thought Hope did very well with the boy from the troupe. It seemed she picked up right away.
  20. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

The show has been on for 13 seasons and he's been on all of them. So, to answer your question, yes he has. None of us know what he does at his studio and who he teaches there and elsewhere.

If you have such a distaste for the show, why do you watch?

I used to love reading and participating in the discussion of this show but your overwhelming negativity and sense of sour grapes that has permeated this topic is a turn off.

You can block me and my post if you like, but that's how I see it.

Sorry moderators! I just can't stomach it anymore. Yeah, maybe I should just stop reading but I actually like this forum.