Dancing with the Stars Season 13 Fall Cast

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Beto, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

Edit to add: Maks has been on eleven seasons.

2. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Then he ought to not be a jerk.

Block me if you find it so troublesome. The "ignore" functions works both ways. If people only had happy dopey opinions, the only network would be Noggin and the Internet would be dead.

3. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

She won't see this since you allegedly already blocked ME, but danceronices's opinions about certain Pros and certain "stars" are well known, and stated ad nauseum. I don't think it's too much to ask that people not constantly hit everyone here over the head with it on such a predictable basis. We shouldn't have to *ignore* posters who have been asked previously to cease certain behaviors by mods. If you don't like what is asked of you here, find another board,please.

back on topic: OK, the recent footage of Maks was not flattering. Other Pros have also gotten angry, frustrated, swore up a blue streak, and yes, gotten physical. We don't know if the video shown was but a short portion of What Actually Happened to elevate the drama level and make him look like the bad guy, or if he's a complete arse 100% of the time. I highly doubt the latter is true. Did I like what I saw? No. I see a combination of personality clashes and teaching styles that unfortunately did not work out. Won't be the first or last time this happens. Would Hope have done better with a different Pro? Maybe. Would other Pros have won in previous seasons if partners had been assigned differently? Of course. But I really would rather this thread be more about the dancing, training, and performances than who's sandbagging, who's had "work" done, and whatever other political/publicity/gossip issues there are that generally are not relevant to the DANCING.

4. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

:rocker:

5. DerekWeb

DerekWeb Active Member

DWTS is not a dancing show. It is a reality/gossip/drama show which includes dancing. If it were just a dancing show, it would not have lasted one season!

Dance forum is not a dancing forum, it is......well, you get it.

6. nikkitta

Fine. DWTS is more than just dancing. If I want to see just dancing, I'll watch PBS or a world championship DVD. But DANCE FORUMS is not a reality/gossip/drama show, except in the NON-DANCE sections of this board. That is where discussion of personal issues and non-dance matters belong. Or start a new DWTS thread specifically for talking about the garbage besides the dancing. It would be nice to have a DWTS thread minus Pro-bashing, snotty catty remarks, and other useless references that have precious little to do with ballroom dancing. I'm sure there must be several TV boards that welcome that kind of stuff. Leave it there.

So. Would love to see JR win. He's such an inspriation. I like Karina, but I would say the same thing no matter which Pro he was dancing with.

7. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Which has what? to do with the dancing? :p

8. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

....the air seems to be getting a little thin in here...time to let some oxygen in and take a couple deep breaths...

after all, we all like a good discussion here at DF as long as we're not stepping on other's toes...

9. nikkitta

:rolleyes: :headwall:

Meaning, JR's ability to DANCE and perform as well as he has despite his previous injuries are an inspiration. Like Heather Mills DANCING on a fake leg, or Marlee Matlin DANCING despite being deaf. Or *any* star who starts out less than stellar and subsequently learns and grows and truly embraces ballroom. Most of us here can relate to that.

Or not...

10. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

It is kind of scary to know that at least one of them (Nancy or Hope) WILL make it to the semi-final! Pity, I really think that spot belonged to David.

11. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

I agree. He brought kindness and humor to the show.

12. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

I agree as well. I actually ENJOYED watching David dance. I do not enjoy watching Hope or Nancy dance. I take all the drama, gossip, etc. because it just comes with the show. Some of it I even find entertaining sometimes. But for me, it all comes down to the fact that I like watching David dance and think he should be there over Nancy and Hope. Based soley of course on of all things, the dancing. I know the winners and losers of DWTS have to master or fail in multiple areas that have nothing to do with dancing, and that's ok. That's what makes it DWTS and not an actual ballroom dancing competition. I'm still gonna watch until the show is no longer on the air. Some seasons I like more than others, some contestants I definitely like more than others, but I will always watch. And I always find myself rooting for contestants that I never liked prior to the show or didn't even know, based on how much they seem to be enjoying learning to dance.

13. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

14. Another Elizabeth

Another Elizabeth Active Member

You know what? I don't enjoy watching Hope dance, and wish they would just let her out of her misery. But I rather enjoy Nancy. Tristan is giving her nice solid open bronze routines that she can actually perform (usually), and then dancing with her instead of to cover her up. I won't mind if she makes the semifinals (although I still would rather have had David).

15. danceronice

David would have been my choice of those left on the basis of "who would I probably find most entertaining in the freestyle." He grew on me personality-wise. It'll be Rob, but of those remaining besides JR and Ricki I'd prefer Nancy. I don't like watching people suffer so I hope people take the hint and don't vote for Hope. (And the tabloid mags, In Touch With Us People or whatever one it was in the checkout at the grocery store today, are shilling it as "Derek vs. Maks!" and saying it all goes back to Maks having dated Julianne...What?)

But I'm just in "JR for the win" voting mode since last week anyway.

16. Leon Theou

Leon Theou Active Member

I don't know that I agree with this after tonight. Hope made a pretty convincing case for third place in both dances. Sure, it was not perfect, but I think her quickstep was better than Rob's and much better than Nancy's tango, and her jive was not terrible. The opening side by side bit was weak, but once Maks actually started leading her, it improved, and even the ending side by side bit was pretty good. Could her legs have been straighter? Maybe. I thought she did a great job though. Ricki's waltz was great, but in the jive, the only two celebs who looked good were JR and Hope.

17. TinyDancer109

oh wow, i have to say I completely disagree with you. I thought Rob totally blew hope out of the water, and i was shocked that they actually scored hope's quickstep equal to his. dont get me wrong, she definitely improved, but her position was awful. Rob's was great. he was leading, he had good footwork, solid frame. Hope's frame was wet-noodley, and she looked like she was being thrown around by maks. And while his jive was not perfect, it was far better than hope's. She had awkward arms and awful slouched posture the entire time.

Poor nancy, she just cant click with the jive.

18. danceronice

I sympathize with Nancy and the jive. I'm not that bad at it, I just hate doing it!

I don't know...except for her flat feet (how can you land flat-footed in heels? How is that even possible?) I preferred Hope (and Rob's, for that matter) Jive to Ricki's! I thought Ricki was a bit slow, spent a lot of time goofing off at the start with the walking around which spared her having to do fast basics, kicks weren't as strong or high, and there is just something very....Standard-ish about her arms and shoulders. I don't quite know what, but I don't get it.

Meanwhile JR deserved his two 30s. He just blew everyone else out of the water. Props to Karina for having what looked like a really smart strategy for dealing with the "instant" dance. He was far and away the best.

19. TinyDancer109

Definitely!

I think Ricki is deserving of being in second, but i have to say it is driving me NUTS that no one will fix the way she tilts her head awkwardly inward every time she does any rotating motion (pivots, twinkle, spins, etc.)

20. Hope's quick step was brutal IMO.

I agree Max was throwing and dragging her around. And her posture was WoW awful. For about a 1/3 of the dance there was so much space between them you could have fit another person.

I thought Ricki's waltz was pretty good. As usual Derek's choreography was quite nice.

But I believe there is no saving Nancy tonight. Two bad weeks in a row and last night her dancing was below par. To bad I did actually like her. The bantering that happens between her and Tristan reminds me alot of myself and my current partner. So much fun in practice!