Dancing with the Stars Season 13 Fall Cast

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Beto, Aug 30, 2011.

1. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

ok, i was always rooting for Rob because i saw potential in him, and always thought he could be the dark horse who showed up late as a contender...

...and WOW!! He really stepped up his game!! He is really improving tenfold every week, and you can see it in his face when he dances that he is thoroughly enjoying himself. It was also really great to hear him answer Brooke's question about why viewers should vote for him with, "Because I love to dance!!!".... and, really, isn't that what it is all about??? back to my point earlier regarding Carson... it's about the JOY! :) I really see him maturing since the beginning of the show. Kudos to Cheryl (again) for a fantastic teaching job - she should be very proud.

ETA: As much as i agree she is a front good dancer, Ricki's inward head tilt in pivots is REALLY getting to me. I also thought the judges were generous with her comments (as well as hope's). Her samba was a bit robotic and her chin was too high in every dance IMO.
    Sorry to see JR have a bad week... hope he feels better!
  2. TinyDancer109

also, excited for the muppets tonight. :)
  3. Griffico

Griffico Member

This!
  4. davedove

davedove Active Member

I really enjoyed Ricki's dances, but I know what you mean. And I don't think she deserved the perfect score for her samba. I will grant that I don't see everything the judges see, but to me she seemed a little stiff for the samba and not enough bounce. Plus, she seemed to hesitate at times. It was still good and she's a good dancer, but it seemed she was overscored.
  5. duffypratt

duffypratt Member

She was overscored across the board. I would have ranked her third among the Argentinian tangos. I preferred both JR and Rob's to hers. There simply wasn't much of anything that is characteristic of AT in that dance. Like lots of Derek's stuff, it was one pose after another, with very little dancing And it was more like a translation of the dance by a couple without any understanding of how it works. Rob's AT actually felt like a tango. But then, from the way they billed it, you would think that lifting was the most important element in an AT, when it's something you would almost never see at a milonga.
  6. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

It's not just you. Ricki also stands around a lot while Derek does things (though not NEARLY as bad as Hope, who has perfectly "sitting dramatically while Maks dances around behind her.")

I was generally underwhelmed, except I thought Rob looked, while not amazing, solid and pretty confident. JR looked like he was in pain (give HIM the Novocaine), and Hope was clearly outclassed.
  7. TinyDancer109

i am very satisfied with the results from last night. from a skill perspective, this is looking like it will be the first fair final in a long time.

i hope JR feels better for next week. it wasnt fun seeing him NOT at 100%. But if he isnt feeling better, i'll be rooting for Rob.
  8. Wannabee

Wannabee Active Member

I'm not a fan of the Kardashians in general, but I thought Rob did a great job Monday night and is in a position to go for the win, especially if he dances like that next week and JR isn't 100%.

IF JR's ankle improves and he is on top of his game, I think it will be a really fun and competitive final. If the 2 guys nail it Monday, I think Ricki finishes third and anybody's guess on JR or Rob for the win. They both have a huge fan base, so I do sort of think it will come down to the judges scores. That makes me happy :p. I think the judges have been pretty fair to both JR and Rob this season. I am actually really looking forward to Monday's show.
  9. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

exciting final!
  10. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

+1! :cheers:
  11. MissKitty

MissKitty New Member

Was really blown away by Rob's performances! Wow what an improvement!

It has just cemented by long held belief that Cheryl really teaches her partners to DANCE
  12. TinyDancer109

i agree 200%
  13. danceronice

I'm really kind of hoping for a JR vs Rob final two. (Has there been two men as the final two before?) I'm still pulling for a JR win as I've preferred him overall but I'm quite impressed with Rob's progress, and with his demeanor. Given what you'd expect considering the rest of his family he's a gentleman and it's a pleasant surprise. I could live with either one of them winning but I'd rather it be JR.

Besides, Cheryl and Derek both have multiple mirror balls. Share the wealth, people.
  14. davedove

davedove Active Member

Seasons 2,3,and 4, but it's been a while.
  15. danceronice

I'd say we're overdue then! (2...Drew? I don't remember who the other two were...)
  16. Griffico

Griffico Member

6 seasons of men taking 2 of 3 spots :
    1 - John O'Hurley and Joey Ma
    2 - Jerry Rice and Drew Lachey [Edit: My bad, Stacy!]
    3 - Emmitt Smith and Mario Lopez
    4 - Apolo Ohno and Joey Fatone
    6 - Jason Taylor and Christian de la Fuente
    7 - Warren Sapp and Lance Bass

Surprisingly, last season evened up the male/female ratio for the finales. This season tips the overall scales in the favor of the men by 1.
  17. TinyDancer109

lmaooo
  18. Griffico

Griffico Member

lol oops...
  19. danceronice

Yes, but how many became the FINAL two? There's always one who's just there because they need a third person, not because they have any intention of letting them be the actual finalists. So far the final three this time are exactly who most people have been figuring for weeks--the only surprise will be if Ricki's eliminated instead of Rob.
  20. davedove

davedove Active Member

Again, Seasons 2,3,and 4 had two men for the final two. In fact, I recall discussions going around if maybe it was easier for male celebrities in the competition, because it was thought to be easier for them to make the female pros look good than the other way around.