Dancing with the Stars Season 13 Fall Cast

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Beto, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Griffico

Griffico Member

Until last week I would have agreed, but if Rob has another week like last week and JR and Ricki disappoint again I won't be the least bit surprised if Rob wins.

2. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Rob was impressive, but I am still all for JR & Karina to win it! They were the only ones tonight to take me higher.

3. kckc

kckc Active Member

JR and Karina FTW! THAT is how you do a freestyle. Rob seems...soft... or something. Can't put my finger on it. I was covering my eyes at the end when he was spinning Cheryl over his head.

4. davedove

davedove Active Member

I've noticed that sometimes Rob just seems to look a little awkward in how he holds himself. Like you, I can't quite explain what doesn't look quite right. Not that he hasn't done great on the show, just he doesn't seem "perfect" to me.

5. kckc

kckc Active Member

maybe it is just that little bit of self-consciousness he still has. JR sells every little move whether it is good or not. His (JRs) confidence is quite obvious compared to Rob.

6. Griffico

Griffico Member

I was kind of overall "meh" about the actual ballroom dancing last night from all three ( and I'm not generally a fan of the freestyles).

4 votes for Rob, 1 vote for JR. In the end I just didn't see enough improvement out of JR over the course of the season, and I have to give kudos to Rob for making significant strides. Ricki just didn't register at all for me last night...

7. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

I agree. I was really looking forward to this final and I was a bit disappointed last night. None of the dances/dancers made a strong impression with me. I have to still pick Ricki for 3rd and based on last night's performances, I have to give the win to JR.

8. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

JR's freestyle was the ONLY thing I found remotely entertaining. (Wouldn't he and Ricki make an am/am pair? He never straightens his knees, she never bends hers.) Ricki's freestyle was just dumb and badly-danced to boot (a tumbling pass from Derek and a photo gag from "The Biggest Loser" don't make for a good show--not to mention, compared to Kirstie? We're not talking a huge transformation here.) Rob has improved, but he hasn't improved to the point of being very good. Waltz was just...off, though less stiff than Ricki's cha and more on time than JR's, and his freestle was more like a kind of mediocre mid-season routine.

And of course if the judges are going to just vote-rig like that, they need to work on their acting skills.

9. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

As much as it hurts to vote against the war hero, ditto.

JR's cha cha was just awful. His freestyle was great.

But Rob put out 2 solid performances and wins most improved.

Ricki is out.

10. sudoplatov

sudoplatov Member

Just to be different(?) I rated Ricki about 57 (out of 60), Rob 55, and JR about 50. Neither of JR's performances seemed particular good last night. (But I'm not a credentialed judge.)

11. kckc

kckc Active Member

amen sister. all of it! All I remember of Ricki was her fluffy white dress. Other than JR/Karina freestyle, all of the dances were quite forgettable.

12. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

:banana::banana::banana:

13. danceronice

So pleased with the final two and final results!

14. chachachacat

Yes, JR and Karina!!!! YAY!

He worked himself into a dancer!! Whoo hoo!

15. chachachacat

Really, that was the best final show that I've seen. That number with all the cast was the absolute best at choreography*, and they didn'e even say who did it.

* of the final showcase dance of the whole season's contestants.

16. TinyDancer109

Of course, last night of all nights, i lost my cable! :(

17. danceronice

I loved Carson's "Vogue" number (and props to Val C. for being a great sport.) Carson looked like the kid who just won the whole candy store.

18. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Did you happen to notice the ad for Jimmy Kimmel before the final dances? Voiceover said Kimmel would have the DWTS winners on his show and they showed a shot of JR and Karina. Ooops! :rolleyes:

19. YEAH! JR and Karina won!!! Normally I don't vote anymore but this season I voted for JR! And it apparently payed off! ;)

Of course I wanted my favorite to win but I would have been OK with either one of the three this time.

Yes, it was a great finale! And yes, Carson was very funny! I thought, David danced really well and he looked like he was so relaxed and had so much fun on that dance floor!

Congrats to JR and Karina!!!

20. TinyDancer109

:shock: