Dancing with the Stars Season 13 Fall Cast

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Beto, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

Freeloader! :bkick:
  2. Beto

Beto Active Member

Hey now, it's what I did for the past 2-3 seasons. No shame in admitting it! :D
  3. bia

bia Well-Known Member

Speaking only for myself, I certainly do not hate non-ballroom dance styles. As far as these two shows, my watching of DWTS fell off before my watching of SYTYCD -- the latter clearly has the better dancers among its competitors, and there are a lot of non-ballroom routines and dancers that I have found extremely memorable over the years. But what bothers me about SYTYCD and its treatment of ballroom is that the show pretends to be all about dance diversity and that it's treating all dance styles equally, and then it somehow mysteriously ends up all contemporary-heavy each and every year. Though I watched very little beyond the auditions this year, I did see a couple of the ballroom routines from very late in the season, and they were just weak. So, the show is what it is, but I wish they'd stop pretending to be something else.

As far as DWTS, I haven't watched much lately, but I'm kinda curious to see Hope and Maks, and I like watching the pros, so I may watch a bit this year. I haven't listened to the judges on either of these shows for years.
  4. Griffico

Griffico Member

Let's try and steer the discussion back to DWTS, eh?

I'm curious to see who comes out as a frontrunner. Nobody on the list screams 'ringer' to me, so it should be interesting. Then again, last season just kind of ended up feeling kind of mediocre...
  5. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

Agree about last season. I felt the same way, almost like the fewer couples that were left, the less desire I had to watch. Usually it's the other way around for me, making the later rounds and finals great to watch. I would try to predict who was gonna rise to the occasion and who was gonna choke, who I wanted to rise vs who I wanted to choke, and so on. Hopefully this season will be a good one.
  6. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

i think maks' tough coaching style will be perfect for a disciplined athelete like hope - hope FTW!
  7. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I am really, really, REALLY hoping this is a sign that the producers are angling for Maks to finally get his mirror-ball trophy. Athletes tend to do well, there are no glaringly obvious ringers, Maks has really gotten very very close only to get pipped at the post before....he's past due.

Someone on the DTWS facebook was asking where Chelsie went. What about Louis? That one surprises me.
  8. jjs914

jjs914 Active Member

Admittedly! ;)

Doesn't help that I am often in the studio the nights the show runs!
  9. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

No one commenting on the addition of Valentin? It's going to be great watching him in the pro routines. Of course the show will punch up some fake rivalry between the brothers, but for me, I am happy to have someone of his caliber to watch. May make Derek and Mark try a little harder...
  10. danceronice

There's a whole thread in the main forum on Val retiring. Most of the chatter's been there.

Didn't he and Mark do a thing last season about how they competed against each other during one of Val's guest appearances? (And I cannot help but hope this is either a response to Derek's....divided fan response/backlash, or a little reminder to him that hey, we can find a new pretty boy to replace you, Mr. Movie Star.)
  11. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

Surely there is a TV in the studio that you could watch when no one is reviewing a comp video. ;)
  12. davedove

davedove Active Member

I hadn't noticed that until you mentioned it. What a shame; Chelsie is such a cutie. At least my girl Kym is still there.

Louis has never really seemed to get good partners. I think the closest he got to winning was with Kelly Osbourne at 3rd place, if I'm not mistaken.

I noticed that Karina is still in the cast. I guess the producers weren't as bothered about her Playboy pictures as everyone thought, probably because it brought the show more publicity.:rolleyes:
  13. Griffico

Griffico Member

Louis was complaining on Twitter about how it wasn't his decision to not come back. He seemed to think it was about how busy he was with his LAblast program, but who knows really.

I heard something about Chelsie being under a conflicting contract with SYTYCD, but I can't verify that at all.
  14. danceronice

Unless she's doing an all-stars thing with SYTYCD, that would seem odd, as she's been on DWTS two or three seasons and it hasn't been a problem...
  15. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

16. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

Who said anything about hate? :confused: I like to watch other styles, I just prefer ballroom. Thus I like DWTS better than SYTYCD because it's all ballroom. I don't "hate" or even dislike any of the other styles just because I prefer to watch ballroom, though. That's like saying I hate lasagna and spaghetti because I want to eat pizza more....when in all actuality, I really like lasagna and spaghetti but I just could eat pizza every day whereas I would need breaks in between the other foods. Geez....its too early to be hungry...but now I am....
  17. jjs914

jjs914 Active Member

The partner might have something to say about the drop in productivity of our practices!!
  18. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

I've never been a fan of Chelsie's dancing. I like her person, at least as much as I'm allowed to meet her on TV. But I'm not a fan of her dancing.

On the other hand, I completely ADORE Louis van Amstel. But I think I read the thing about all the female pros being taller than he is somewhere in the past few days. I know he has missed a season before solely because of that...I hope he shows up on the pro dances at least.
  19. Griffico

Griffico Member

I think he's still going to be involved in the new Dance Battle segment, FWIW
  20. kckc

kckc Active Member

Actually, I believe she did do an all-star thing on SYTYCD, and on the rare occasion that I actually saw it this season, Louis V. had done some of the choreography for one of the couples. Interesting that he isn't on DWTS this time...

I personally don't care for SYTYCD either DOI, I'm not a fan of the contempojazzhop ...stuff... that seems to dominate. However, I also don't see why people keep trying to compare the two shows (might have been a different thread). They are completely different formats.

(hijack over) I always intend not to watch any more DWTS because the "celebs" keep getting sketchier and sketchier in terms of actual fame, but I've already been asked umpteen times if I watch it and what I think, so I may have to watch just to keep up.