Dancing with the Stars Season 13 Fall Cast

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Beto, Aug 30, 2011.

1. davedove

davedove Active Member

I hadn't seen the first few minutes of the finale, so I just watched it this morning. I saw something that I think really speaks to JR's character. Now I understand that it's the clip the producers chose to show, but it's still telling. They showed a clip of JR and Karina and what he was saying to her. His words were not "I'm going to win this thing", but rather "I'm going to help you win this thing." He impresses me more the more I learn about him.

2. kckc

kckc Active Member

"I finally get to dance with a Chmerkovskiy. Check that off my bucket list"

LOL

3. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

What I thought was even better was when Tom Bergeron asked Carson how he felt about not getting to dance with Maks and he replied, "There's always the after party." LOLZ

4. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

LOL +1 :cheers:

5. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Cool...

6. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

In the end, it became one of my favorite seasons of DWTS... :)

7. Mengu

Mengu Active Member

Agree! It was a great "made for camera" choreography, and I really wanted to hear who did it, only to be disappointed at no one getting the credit.

If you asked me first couple weeks, who do you want to see winning this thing, without a second thought, I would have said JR. In the final few weeks, I found myself rooting for Rob. JR didn't show me anything new to cheer for. I think all 3 couples worked hard, so I would have been fine with any one of them taking the trophy home.

8. Another Elizabeth

Another Elizabeth Active Member

This is exactly how I felt. I did think that Rob was incredibly gracious when JR won. Samantha asked him some, "are you disappointed?" question, and he said, "hell no, my buddy won, I'm so happy for him."

9. Griffico

Griffico Member

Hope Solo has made some comments after the fact that have made me bristle a bit, even despite the degree to which I've supported her.

Treating it like the Olympics is not necessarily the same as treating it like soccer... she seems to have forgotten about the athletes who came before her.

10. jmuise

jmuise New Member

All's I can say that this show is not truly dancing. It was entertaining but some of the antics going on was ridiculous. If it is called dancing with the stars then they should actually have people on that can dance. Carson? Nancy? Go JR and Ricki.

11. Griffico

Griffico Member

The point is that you never really know who might come out of the woodwork... everyone on the show is a total newbie to competition ballroom, and until they get people in the studio you don't really know who's going to do what. Nobody had any idea what JR could do until he stepped out on the floor that first night.

12. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

or that Rob Kardashian would wind up being most improved!

13. Griffico

Griffico Member

Yes!