Dancing with the Stars Season 13 Fall Cast

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Beto, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Beto, I know! I am sooo excited about Hope Solo... :banana:
  2. TallTenDancer

TallTenDancer New Member

My first reaction on seeing the list of stars was "who are these people?!" Maybe I'm just out of touch... I'll watch to pick apart the pro's and see what I can learn from them, and skip all the pointless parts. Maybe they'll have a segment where all the couples have to dance/jump over a shark ;)
  3. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Clever! :cheers:
  4. RickRS

RickRS Member

I would say that's typical every season. There's never anybody that a A-list, or ever a B-list from the entertainment world. If you follow sports, some names may be recognizable.

Should they had that three or four seasons ago? :rolleyes:
  5. RickRS

RickRS Member

Weird,

Chelsie only did one "All-Star" guest performance on SYTYCD, and it was announced by Nigel after her number that Chelsie wouldn't be able to do more because of her contract conflicts. It was assumed by all us fans the conflict was the start of DwtS.
  6. TallTenDancer

TallTenDancer New Member

Yeah, I think they should have. Oh well, I can keep hoping and looking for something good to replace it... (as a ballroom-focused show, not that SYTYCD isn't decent)
  7. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Griffico, I agree with you. It can't always be like our past favorite seasons, otherwise it would become redundant. There is always something (like Hope Solo being in it) that keeps me coming back... :cheers:
  8. Imhere

Imhere New Member

9. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

hahaha well based on that alone carson and hope get my votes! :)
  10. Griffico

Griffico Member

I hope the background is their new set...
  11. Beto

Beto Active Member

Ditto. Also, I didn't know that they were bringing new (to DwtS and to non-ballroomers like myself) pros to the show so that's another reason I'm interested in returning this show to my TiVo schedule.
  12. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Tristan and Peta were both in the the "DWTS Troupe" last season, which actually introduced the pro dancers performing in results shows (to the point of making me wonder if it was a kind of audition for the main cast) so they're actually not new to viewers.
  13. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

I hate that my life is so boring that the highlight for me is that DWTS starts tonight lol.

I love Tony and Maks. It appears they both have decent partners (as far as I could tell from first rehersal footage). Either of them are WAY overdue to win the whole thing IMO.
  14. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Got to cheer on the Iraq Army veteran!
  15. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Whoa! I love SYTYCD, and I love seeing all the styles of dance.
    I started out with ballet and jazz. Count one dance lover; I'm sure there are more!
  16. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

countdown!
  17. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Die, Nancy Grace! Die! Just kidding. *grin* I do have to admit that this will be the first season I've watched in a long time, and she is the draw. I want to see her lose! She irks me on headline news. I realize that my position has nothing to do with dancing ... but then what about DWTS really does?
  18. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

In the end, I don't think it really matters if they're A-list Grammy/Oscar winning celebrities, or just a handful of people plucked off the streets. It's a dance show, and I love ballroom dancing, and I want to see good ballroom dancing. I doesn't matter how popular or not they are. I just want to see people who dance well.
  19. Griffico

Griffico Member

This..

Did anybody else feel like David Arquette was horribly underscored? I thought his Viennese Waltz was magnificent, especially for the first week.
  20. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

I so agree with you Griffico. My favorites by far last night were Chynna and Arquette. To me, they are the ones to beat so far. I really like Hope and she did pretty well last night but she is rougher around the edges than DA and CP. However, she has an incredible work ethic and is talented so she may be able to catch up to others' natural ability. Carson had me literally laughing out loud, in both good and bad ways, but I like him so I hope he stays around for a few episodes anyway.