Dancing with the Stars Season 13 Fall Cast

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Beto, Aug 30, 2011.

1. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Sorry, I have to vote for her because of Tristan. If it makes you feel better I have never seen her show in my life.
  2. davedove

davedove Active Member

I thought David's VW was great, but not nearly as smooth as Chynna's and JR's.

Does anyone else find JR to be just an amazing person. After all he's been through, he just seems so upbeat and positive.

I would like to see Chynna go the distance, not so much for her, but because Tony seems like such a great guy, he deserves to win one.
  3. Griffico

Griffico Member

Upon watching the videos again I'd have to agree, though I still think David got underscored...
  4. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

Intersting season.
  5. want2dance

want2dance New Member

I thought Chynna and JR were the best. I also liked David Arquette and thought his scores were low. I was pleasantly surprised by Chaz! It would be nice for Tony or Karina to win since neither of them get the credit they deserve on this show! Go Tony and Karina!
  6. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

I have never really watched DWTS before, don't even have broadcast TV at home, but I'm in a hotel this week and just happened to turn it on last night. And I am completely in love with Tristan. I was watching him thinking I really hope Nancy Grace sticks around for a while so I can keep watching him dance. Plus, I want to dance with him. And just listen to him talk. ;)

I was also very impressed by Chynna (yeah, I know I'm probably spelling her name wrong) and JT...oh my, that man is inspiring. So very grounded, like so many of the military people I know, an amazing attitude, and has the most incredibly bright, wonderful smile. Both danced very well, and I might just have to find a way to keep watching the show as long as they're both on it. I could take a lot of pointers from the way those two, in particular, just let go and showed off their sheer love of dancing last night.
  7. danceronice

He's nice to dance with, too. If she listens (and they actually judge/vote on improvement) it might bode well.

And I think you spelled "Chynna" right. It's something like that. I hope Tony gets to stick around for quite a bit, too. After all the years he's put in for this show he deserves it.
  8. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

*giggle* Just ftr, that does make me feel marginally better. I 'm feeling you on the Tristan thing. I just cannot stand her. It's personal. *shrug*
  9. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

It seems that the energy is up this season. I'm enjoying it.
  10. danceronice

Lol, I knew Tristan before he was on the show (that "studio in Boston" he mentioned in one of the clips?) so I would vote for him no matter who his partner might have been. They'd have had to TRY to come up with someone I disliked THAT much.
  11. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

+1 :cheers:
  12. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Tristan is adorable. I want him to come back again and again just so I can hear him talk more and more.
  13. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Is it just me who didn't like the Troupe's jive?
  14. mindputtee

I didn't catch it cause I didn't watch the results show (I looked it up on wiki instead).

I have to say though... Hope Solo's costume was not flattering on her. It made her torso look very long and made her legs look shorter.
  15. danceronice

It struck me as trying a bit too hard to be "personalities" and edgy.
  16. sounddguy

sounddguy New Member

I thought Hope's keeper training really paid off in her frame. She almost had too much knee flex. I think she will be strong enough to keep Max in line (if anyone can).
  17. mindputtee

Do you ever vote for the pros rather than the stars? I was wondering if people think Val and Elisabetta got saved because of Val rather than Elisabetta.
  18. danceronice

Uh, that's pretty much ALL I do, unless there's a star I feel particularly strongly about one way or another. Most of them are total nonentities to me (like all of them this season, though I guess Carson shows Saddlebreds so I ought to show some equine-related love) to the point I honestly can't remember who most of them are, so the pros are all I have to go on. This season in particular one pro's an actual real-life acquaintence whom I've actually worked with so of course I'm voting to keep him on.

And I am SURE Val is what saved Elisabetta's butt, as models tend to have a very short lifespan on DWTS unless paired with a propular pro (see Brooke and Derek, though with Shannon and her whineyness that did eventually backfire.) Very limited name recognition, most women aren't going to like them (as they're impossible to identify with). Peta or whatever her name was (tsunami-girl) was the exception that proved the rule, she happened to be good, have a cute pro with name rec himself, and a Tragic Backstory (tm) that garners sympathy. In Elisabeta's case, "Poor me, I broke up with George Clooney" is not exactly going to go very far as idenfiability goes. Having Maks's hottie younger brother as a partner? Gonna go a VERY long way.
  19. IsaacAltman

IsaacAltman New Member

20. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

I really liked Lacey's choreography for the big pro number! Different.
    Nice dramatic opening. Very sharp choreography.