Dancing with the Stars Season 13 Fall Cast

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Beto, Aug 30, 2011.

1. duffypratt

duffypratt Member

They rarely say who is in the bottom two. It's entirely possible for a person in "jeopardy" to have a higher score than others who are safe. That's one of the games that the producers play. If they think that someone should stay on, but is not getting the votes that they would expect, then they might put that person in the "bottom two" in the hope that that will wake up the fan base.
  2. mazharshah

mazharshah New Member

Well Please letting me know that from where can i get an opportunity of dance with American stars?..;)

Thanks
    Mazhar
  3. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

+1...
  4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

JR was so adorable in the practice "I dont count 'ands" between my numbers " :)

and then did so well
  5. fascination

and chaz wins most improved in my view...I think Len must just have a crush on Nancy b/c I thought her rumba was lame
  6. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I'm actually over Rob, but also tired of Chaz (his best is still worst overall by a country mile). But I'm kind of wondering if it would be a shocking elimination of Hope--she went early, the forgetful spot, and it wasn't really very good at all. Looked to me like Maks was having to haul her around, and her upper body was really bad. For an athlete, she's really done rather poorly overall (though if she's doing her full soccer schedule and this she might be tiring herself out.)
  7. Keithers

Keithers New Member

I found the clips of Hope and Maks rehearsing for tonight's performance more than a little disturbing. It looks like they're in a full-blown power struggle and this won't end well, on the dance floor and off.

In his (sincere) belief that Hope is a beautiful, sexy woman who just needs to let that side of her out, Maks seems to be battering her (psychologically) to "just do it."

I understand that it must be very frustrating for him, but I wonder if he realizes that there are all sorts of pressures on Hope -- both internal and external -- to NOT get in touch with her feminine, sensuous side and let it out.

- She's a tomboy and always has been.
    - Her life is dedicated to a sport in which feminine and sensuous are not prized. In the uber-tough world of world class women's soccer, those qualities are like "hen's teeth" -- they're very hard to find because they're not there or they're buried very deeply or they're suppressed or hidden.
    - And she's a goalkeeper, for cryin' out loud. Her job is to be tough and intense and intimidating and to present nothing that could come across as a weakness or potential weakness. As she said in Week 1, "I'm a tough and intense goalkeeper." That's her identity.
    - Yes, Hope is a beautiful woman (strikingly so, imo), but if you look at what she and her teammate were wearing in, say, her appearance on David Letterman after the World Cup, you'll get a sense of how far her normal world is from the glamour and style of DWTS and ballroom dance.

I'd very much like to see Maks take a different approach. The one he's using is clearly not working -- and it's very painful for both of them and very painful for us to watch.
  8. Keithers

Keithers New Member

** Not for publication **

Hi Moderator,

I just posted re Hope and Maks and I hope you will approve it. If you object to it for some reason, please save a copy for me before you delete it.

Many thanks,

Keithers
  9. Keithers

Keithers New Member

^^ Ok, this post became visible immediately. I guess I don't know how the system works yet. :oops:
  10. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

No worries Keithers. In short, as a newer member the software system here automatically scans through your posts. Longer posts sometimes trip the "review" trigger even when there aren't any problems, so (1) your post was just waiting on administrative review, and (2) has now been approved. :)

...and lest I forget: welcome to DF!!! :cheers:
  11. Keithers

Keithers New Member

Thanks much, SDsalsaguy, for the explanation and the welcome. :)

Cheers!
  12. fascination

Hope is disappointing, but, given her tough back ground, she should be far less likely to be poorly affected by a hard--- coach...I think you are being too kind...she's just not very good at all...and I wanted her to be because I am totally over the pretty girly girls winning or getting too far because of it...I really like her but she is epic fail...with no good excuse...Rob, otoh is improved....I don't see Hope improving and that is unfortunate
  13. fascination

also...that is why I have changed my mind about Carson, it is now clear to me that he has no intention of improving ONLY of having fun...

lastly, welcometo df keithers
  14. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

I actually thought that Carson DID improve technically... maybe not as visibly as others, but he also isnt as naturally talented to pick it up as quickly as others... i imagine he is the type that spends loads of time just learning the choreo. not to mention he was learning JIVE, so any improvement is a huge deal. small improvement technically + fun factor = should stay over Chaz who is horrendously boring to watch, IMO. But ABC clearly is pulling for Carson to go home. I thought both Chaz and Nancy were over scored and praised too much.

MY choice for the bottom 3:
    Chaz
    Nancy
    Hope
  15. danceronice

I would rather watch Nancy and Carson than Hope and Chaz. I do think, if as I've heard Hope is still in full practice for soccer, too, she may just be too tired and stressed to really improve. But still, she was just sloppy last night. Chaz is incredibly dull to watch. Nancy looks to me like a real bronze beginner, which I always approve of since it indicates she's actuall learning a bit and being taught correctly (and of course I can sympathize with heard 'be over your own foot!') And, again, Carson is just purely entertaining.

Really, I'd LIKE Rob to go, as I find him clunky and weirdly gropey. Plus, can I please have at least one show that's Kardashian-free? I swear, every time I turn around they're sneaking onto ANOTHER TV show.

And I wonder, is it something about Derek that all his partners end up crying about how harrrrd it is and how much pressure they're under? stink it up. Also, had to laugh about Derek saying "Oh, the music's not good for foxtrot." Nice to see you've finally found out what all the other pros have dealt with getting random songs that have nothing to do with the dance style--ask your sister, wasn't it, about trying to tango to Jessie's Girl. That and Ricki's scores (trying to set up a 'from defeat to victory' arc for her, as they were bizarrely low--she got totally lowballed compared to Rob and David-if they had 8s, she should have had all 9s as her wonky part was still better than Rob's entire dance) suggest to me JR's running away with the viewer votes and they're trying really hard to make a race of it with Ricki the best candidate.
  16. jmuise

jmuise New Member

I don't know why Carson is still on that show other than he adds the most humor to the show. He certainly cannot dance to save his soul! I think it will come down to Ricki and JR. Of course who knows with the audience vote. It could be anyone!
  17. fascination

Carson..I didn't see an imporvement and I saw him basically commit to the idea tat it wasn't that big a deal...and I don't see anna really even bothering....I like him alot, don't get me wrong, but I don't see him caring earnestly to improve, and that should be the diea in a contest

Nancy--even a beggining bronze dancer should be able to effect SOME cuban motion...she had nothing...I applauded her quickstep, her rumba was pathetic...but I still respect her desire to do well, but have a major issue with her lack of respect for her pro

Rob...while I too get a rash over the Kardashians and thei love affair with the camera, I still think rob is trying hard,and improving...and not being the smart aleck punk that e usually is

chaz is normall dull, last week he was a bit mor animated but tstill stunk, this week e stayed animated and actually displayed some technique...enough to stay " dunno, but I thought he was significantly improved and unlike last week, deserved okay marks this week

Hope--no woman that tough and that fit should have to be dragged along in her routine....she doesn't have performance, she, doesn't ave technique, and she has every possible advantage...she needs to figure it out or go...I don't see her heart in it
  18. fascination

I did think ricky was sub par last night and derek (whom I like) sounded a tad petulent whining about the song
  19. danceronice

Derek gets petulant very easily (see his temper tantrum with Shannon.)

But his whining aside, Ricki still got lowballed there. I don't see any improvement from Rob and his gropey hands bug me. David, maybe, but how was Ricki THAT much worse than she was last week? I'm not saying it should have gotten tens or anything, but it was hardly a midpack performance.

And it'll be JR and Ricki for the final, that's been pretty clear. Remember, no one ever knows what the vote tallies really are so the producers could ignore them completely or just change the scoring system for the final two weeks like with Nicole's season os the judges can determine the winner. At this point or next week it kind of doesn't matter who goes, the final two are pretty set. I am starting to really think tonight might be Hope's night to go, actually.

I don't find Nancy's attitude a problem. But I'm used to sassing back and actually won't put up with stick-up-the-rear teachers (and I get saying "Please stop talking at me while we're dancing." I tune out pros who try to teach and move at the same time. Dance it, stop, explain, dance. Don't make me try to process what you're saying while we're moving.) I find Hope actually more of a problem as she doesn't seem to WANT to get it, but again that might be overscheduling. This isn't really a show you can do while keeping a full schedule with your normal life.
  20. Griffico

Griffico Member

As much as Derek sounded petulant, he was right. I wish the pros would be more vocal about when their music sucks, to be honest. It would save us the pain of having to reconcile some weird music/dance combinations :p

That being said, I thought they did a pretty good job all things considered. The song begged for some (not necessarily all) of the stuff the judges were getting on them about, and I thought it was decent choreography. I wouldn't have thought this was the case if you'd turned off the music and just had to watch them that way.

At this point as long as Ricki and JR stick around, I won't have any qualms with other people leaving. Just based on a lack of improvement I would like to see Hope, Carson or Nancy leave. If you asked me about actual dancing I'd go with Chaz, though there was visible improvement for him this week so I'm not as down on him as normal.

Did anyone else think JR's samba timing was weird? I thought the movement and the choreography was fun, but when I related it to the music it didn't seem quite right and I can't place exactly why.