Dancing with the Stars Season 14

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Wannabee, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

Is it too early to start a thread on the new season? I believe the next cast will be revealed on Feb. 28th if I'm not mistaken.

I heard rumors that the show wants Paula Dean. I'm sure to help promote the health benefits of ballroom dancing since she recently revealed her diagnosis of Diabetes.
  2. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

A few pros have indicated they'll return...Maksim and Derek...there's a Wikipedia page for it already.
  3. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Considering how that diabetes announcement backfired on her (she waited three years and to get a diabetes-treatment ad deal before announcing it and now not only is she taking flak from Anthony Bourdain, not a peep of support from the rest of the Food Network stars...) I am not sure that's a great choice...
  4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

my stars, I would looooooooooooooove to see paoooooola :)...I adore her
  5. danceronice

I don't care what Bourdain says myself. Anyone who uses that much butter is okay by me.
  6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

not big into butter or sweets...but I love me some paoooooola :)...just love her...and she can make me some mashed potatoes anytime she likes
  7. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Yesterday I caught a few minutes of her show on the Food Network, where she was cooking with another lady. The dish they were making something with cooked cranberries, with a sauce that was mostly a big stick of butter, a heap of brown sugar and a lot of syrup. While I'm sure the dish would have be delicious, I'm also sure the sugar content was sky high. If I ate something like that, I'd been in sugar shock the rest of the day.
  8. davedove

davedove Active Member

I've long thought they should get some of the more popular TV cooks. Yeah, they had that one guy some seasons back, but I had never heard of him. I did like the Iron Chef Chairman; at least I had heard of him.

Paula would be great. I would also like to see Mario Batalli, Bobby Flay, or even Emeril.

9. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Alton Brown would be amazing, particularly if paired with Anna T., who I think he would play off of really well.
  10. danceronice

Lol, after that thread about engineers and analytical minds dancing....
  11. davedove

davedove Active Member

I had completely forgotten Alton, but yeah, he would be awesome.
  12. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

OOH! Alton Brown! I LOOOVE him!!!!
  13. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I thought I read something on MSNBC about getting Tim Tebow on the show in the future.
  14. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I'm sure the show's producers would consider that a complete coup if they were able to pull it off, but I have to admit that it would be a "oh, dear God, no" sort of thing for me. That's nothing against the guy, but I find certain particularly vocal elements of his fanbase the be quite obnoxious. Admittedly, my being an FSU alum probably doesn't help.
  15. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Active Member

Shatner Shatner Shatner Shatner Shatner!!!!! :mrgreen:
  16. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

roflol!!
  17. Griffico

Griffico Member

My personal wish list, in no particular order, knowing full well that most are totally outside reality:

William Shatner
    Celine Dion
    Bob Saget
    Picabo Street
    Rebecca Black
    Either of the Olsen twins
    Cher
    Zoltan Mesko (NE Patriots punter with interesting back story in revolutionary Romania)
    Damien Kulash (Ok Go frontman. Alternatively Tim Nordwind, arguably their most recognizable member)
    Jonathan Taylor Thomas
    Elin Nordgren
    One of the moms from Dance Moms
  18. Leon Theou

Leon Theou Active Member

Apparently, JR Martinez suggested to Tebow that he should participate. Tebow told him "not this season", a sentiment which has been echoed by the Broncos organization. Cheryl Burke has also suggested that she would be amenable to partnering with him, though she really wants Victor Cruz.
  19. danceronice

YES YES YES PLEASE YES!

Aiiiieee...you realize that means not only would we have to hear the Titanic song, we'd have to watch her try to concentrate on dancing while the band butchers it. (I can never decide, rumba or bolero?)

Wait...maybe they'd do the paso doble version! For the lolz.

....You're trying to kill me, aren't you.
  20. lacubs

lacubs Member

don't hope to high! and they did ask football player Victor Cruz and he said no do it