Dancing with the Stars Season 14

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Wannabee, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Silmarwen

Silmarwen Member

Sorry! I'm a little older than 12, but I pretty much grew up under a rock. :( So I'm afraid I won't know much about them until after the season gets underway.
  2. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

Jude and DOI, we're all the same age (give or take a year or 2). Hi fellow Gen Xers!

As I said before, not knowing the "celebs" will allow me to let their dancing be my guide as to who I think should stay and who should go. Like fasc, I am extremely curious about Martina. Though it would have been really funny to have Chris Everett on the same season ;). I agree with whoever said that Derek and Maria will be in the finals unless she can't put one foot in front of the other gracefully. They will be in the final. I think Jaleel White will do well also, unless he is just aweful.

Maybe because I'm a southern gal, but I LOVE me some football. I prefer college to pro, but I think Emmitt is far more known to the general public for football than for being on DWTS.
  3. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

That would have been *brilliant*! :)

A prediction of my own: it looks like Anna T. is set up for her typical mid-season exit. I wish she'd get another contender. She and Evan remain, by far, my favorite DWTS couple ever.
  4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hilarious conversation, people.

Apparently, I'm getting long in the tooth while staying immature forever. I recognized most of the celebs. *hanging head in shame* :wink:

I'm rooting for Jaleel White. Anybody who sports a perma-wedgie costume on national TV for at least a decade, deserves to redeem himself by dancing with the stars.
  5. RickRS

RickRS Member

Urkel, the male DwtS pros' inspiration for when the start of the dance requires a nerd costume. What do you want to bet Jaleel starts a jive as Steve Urkel sometime this season? :cool:
  6. pygmalion

That'll be another good reason to watch -- just to see if he goes back on his word in the name of cheesy DWTS popularity.

He's been quoted as saying he'll never portray the character again.

btw The original Family Matters aired for 9 seasons, not 10. I was wrong. But the show's been in syndication ever since and still comes on Nick at Night right now. *sigh* That dang Urkel will NEVER go away, more's the pity.
  7. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

i only know gavin degraw. some of the other names sound familiar. LOL
  8. TinyDancer109

oooh!!! Jaleel is Urkel!!! cooool!!! :)
  9. TinyDancer109

actually a little surprised maks is back this season
  10. TinyDancer109

wow - the cast is awful with the exception of Jaleel.
  11. Griffico

Griffico Member

I'd almost lay a bet on a dance showing up in which he starts off as Urkel, then proceeds to doff the nerdy guise in favor of his real self. It fits the mold of the typical "coming out of one's shell" dance, and might get people off his back about it.
  12. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

It does make it a lot easier to permanently call shenanigans on him every time he pouts and complains and makes allusions to quiting.
  13. Griffico

Griffico Member

He's also got a jewelry line to promote. Dancing aside, what better way to get publicity for it than to be the "bad boy of the ballroom?"
  14. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Apparently, LaBlast is keeping Louis van Amstel away...
  15. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I hesitate to ask but what sort of jewelry is the Bad Boy selling?
  16. pygmalion

17. Aura

Aura Active Member

The only one that was familiar to me was Gladys Knight, but that's probably because I love listening to oldies music. Don't know what to expect from this season. A naive part of me is hoping the music will get better, but chances are, probably not.
  18. rain_dog

rain_dog Member

I'm not so sure - I think her partner (Jack Wagner) could very well be a finalist. I don't know anything about him other than what's on his wikipedia page, but he's got a Broadway/musical theater background (including Grease and West Side Story), and is probably a natural performer. I get the feeling he's fairly driven and hard working, so I'm betting they'll go far if he really wants to.

Or maybe I'm just being optimistic because Anna is easily my favorite pro...
  19. Griffico

Griffico Member

This is the best summary I found after a quick google search

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&rh=n%3A3367581%2Cp_n_feature_seven_browse-bin%3A3219987011&page=1
  20. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

Yay!! Season premiere tonight. I know I'm a sad case but I'm super excited :D