Dancing With the Stars Season 16

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by gingerbread, Mar 7, 2013.

1. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Loved Zendaya, Anna, and the Chmerkovskiys!
  2. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Wow! Zendaya!
    Mr 4 styles likes this.
  3. davedove

davedove Active Member

I kind of liked the side-by-side thing and was surprised how well the contestants stayed synchronized with the pros (technique is of course another story). Even DL did a pretty good job of keeping up.

We all know Zendaya can dance and I thought Anna comments were cute about having to teach her to dance like a woman.

I'm still liking Kellie a lot. I was waiting to see if she could do ballroom and apparently she can.
    Mr 4 styles likes this.
  4. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

peta does a great job of kicking her clebs azz err motivatinig her student and she always creates contact in closed hold not like chelsie with ayard between her and tristan
  5. Mr 4 styles

these two in the final pigeon toes errr jacoby a distant third
  6. davedove

davedove Active Member

Unless there's a "shocking elimination.":eek:
  7. Mr 4 styles

thats next week week six!!!

sabrina times two maybe aly or sumthin

DL or andy remote chance ingo to go
  8. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

What do you get when you take pros who don't know ArgentIne Tango and they create a dance for judges who don't know ArgentIne Tango?

9s!
    dancelvr likes this.
  9. Mr 4 styles

and an extremely entertaining routine!!!!

zendayas long legs well suited i might add​
    danceronice likes this.
  10. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Active Member

I liked Sean, Zendaya and Kellie very much I have to admit. So glad DL was eliminated, that guy had NO class at all.
  11. danceronice

I was on Skype messaging my friend (who DVRs the show) and when I said "OH THANK GOD" she immediately said "Someone put DL out of our misery?" I was really hoping it wouldn't be Andy (he's not a great dancer but he's trying so hard) and would have been fine with any of the three "in jeopardy" going, but DL was the least fun to watch.
    Mr 4 styles likes this.
  12. Mr 4 styles

agree adios DL!!!
  13. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Active Member

I have to say that Andy's entrance was even goofier than the 60's Batman!

[​IMG]
  14. Mr 4 styles

awesome phil thanks for that!!!!
    Phil Owl likes this.
  15. Leon Theou

Leon Theou Active Member

I love their song. Don't know if it has an actual name, but, you know, it's Sherlock Holmes (I don't know how well it fits AT, but w/e)
    Mr 4 styles likes this.
  16. Wannabee

Wannabee Active Member

Dancing seemed overall very underwhelming last night. And I am usually very forgiving of others on the dance floor, but the men this season are all really really bad. The 3 women left (I think the are just Allie, Kellie, and Zendaya) are all 3 worlds above any of the remaining men.
  17. Mr 4 styles

Agree wholeheartedly
  18. davedove

davedove Active Member

I have to agree with that. The only man that might have a shot at the finals is Jacoby, and that's purely for the energy and entertainment value of his dances.
  19. danceronice

I wouldn't even put Aly up there, honestly. She's not very good or interesting to watch. (I don't buy the "Boston bombings have me SO rattled" sympathy grab. stink it up, buttercup, I had to go back to class in Foggy Bottom riding the Metro through Pentagon station the day after 9-11. You can deal.) She wasn't very fluid before that.

Kellie isn't as great as her marks indicate--I made a point of watching her and deliberately NOT looking at anything Derek was doing. But for what we've got... IMO, Zendaya's the clear winner, Kellie the runner-up, with Jacoby third and any one of Andy, Sean, or Aly fourth, though for ability to move' it should probably be Sean. Andy's entertaining, Aly's better than Ingo and Victor (and Victor ought to go next. He's plateaued.)
  20. Wannabee

Wannabee Active Member

I agree that Aly is not that great. She is actually much stiffer and less graceful than I would have thought given that she had at least some very loosley defined "dance" experience with floor routines and gymnastics training. But I still think she is WAY better than the remaining men.

I am enjoying watching Sean's journey. He seems to be genuinely enjoying learning to dance and I can see improvement, so I can appreciate that. Jacoby is probably the next best after the women, but I do think it is more because he is energetic and performs well rather than the dance technique. Andy is entertaining, sort of, sometimes lol. He does make me laugh, so he wins over Victor in the personality department. So it wouldn't hurt my feelings if Victor leaves tonight, as long as Andy is next. I completely forget about Ingo (sp?). I can't remember a single dance that he has done all season except the contemporary his first week (and not memorable in a good way).