Dancing With the Stars Season 16

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by gingerbread, Mar 7, 2013.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I don't even watch The Bachelor.
  2. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I appreciate that I'm not going to know everybody--like most of the football and basketball players are nobodies to me, I'm not going to know reality stars, etc (unless they someday get someone off Project Runway or something), but they really seem to be scraping the barrel here. I get why they do a disproportionate number of contestants related to "The Bachelor", it's their show, but I really don't care. I've been pleasantly surprised before by people I've never/only barely heard of, and even this time I was surprised at how much I didn't hate Andy Dick, but it just all seemed very...meh.
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I haven't seen the bachelor since the first season...that was more than enough
  4. davedove

davedove Active Member

I also enjoy getting to know new people and was pleased that Andy didn't come off like the usual jerk.

I was impressed by Kellie. The girl is flexible!

Wynnona did okay for a first time with a lady of her age and size, but unless her fan base really steps up, I don't think she's going to last a long time.
  5. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

fierce five aly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Mr 4 styles

wife and i watch the bachelor and bachelorette for one reason only

mad awesome vacation spots!!!!!!!

but you would have to fly;)
  7. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

I know... the places they go are amazing... no wonder they fall in love..... and no wonder they often break up upon returning to regular life. But I digress...., still liked this past bachelor Sean... seemed like a sincere and nice guy.
    Mr 4 styles likes this.
  8. Mr 4 styles

agree debmc and he isnt that bad of a dancer
  9. Mr 4 styles

many a good song has gone into the DWTS waste can:(
  10. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

Crossing my fingers that tonight is better than last week. I'm anxious to see Zandaya (sp?, the Disney kid), Sean, Kelly, and Jacoby this week, for different reasons. Even though I know she is already a dancer, I was pretty impressed with the Disney kid's dance. And I must say it did feel kinda good to see the absolute ringer with someone other than Derek. Kelly isn't bad, but not as good as Zandaya. So if Derek can pull off a win this season, I'll respect it more.
  11. danceronice

Oh dear. Dorothy was hurting, I'm sure, but it was still bad jive. Jazz--why? Must we? Boxer boy, also not especially exciting.
  12. Mr 4 styles

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYY no play by play west coasters here!!!
  13. danceronice

Don't read the thread if you don't want to know.

If I were voting I'd vote for Disney ringer girl, and to get rid of "jazz" as a style if they're not going to give out consistent styles. (QB gets a peppy Broadway jazz, Andy Dick gets Poker Face and does quite well, I might add, and Kelly and Derek do...contemporary by any other name? All called "jazz"?)
  14. Mr 4 styles

two great new jive tunes to practice to
  15. Mr 4 styles

and KELLY KILLED IT!!!!!!!
  16. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

In the past, we've had DWTS threads for west coasters. You're welcome to start one. :)
  17. Mr 4 styles

good to know but on other boards ive been on they have been poorly attended thanks tho
  18. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

Either west coasters are too smart to waste their time on DWTS, or they're the type who always flip to the end of the book to see who dies.
    pygmalion likes this.
  19. Mr 4 styles

nope love dwts

voldemort;)
    smidra86 and Terpsichorean Clod like this.
  20. B. Reguise

B. Reguise New Member

Oy. I actually liked Derek's jazz thing. Wynona's Quickstep was ... Gawdawful. Sad actually. And I only recognize three of the "stars". Guess I wasted an evening.